RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Tour De France Tips after stage 6

Get on Moviestar Team classification, $2.10, all these guys in the team are hill climbers, watch them dominate up the hills

Mikel Landa to win King of the Mountains at $6.50 

and Top 3 at $4.00

So on the overnight stage they decided to make SKY finally do some work until the idiots from BahrainMereda took over pace making to chase down breakaway groups. Sky bludges as usual BM drop out,Niboli was pathetic again and SKY now 1-2 , The race is over bar accidents to Froome and/or Thomas

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, Fartoomuch said:

So on the overnight stage they decided to make SKY finally do some work until the idiots from BahrainMereda took over pace making to chase down breakaway groups. Sky bludges as usual BM drop out,Niboli was pathetic again and SKY now 1-2 , The race is over bar accidents to Froome and/or Thomas

I think this Tour de France has a few more cards to show after stage 13. I can see the moviestar team trying a breakaway early in a Mountain stage,  Froome may be under pressure 

15 hours ago, jimbob said:

I think this Tour de France has a few more cards to show after stage 13. I can see the moviestar team trying a breakaway early in a Mountain stage,  Froome may be under pressure 

Only time will tell. overnight stage was a bit different and tonight's one should see some further attacks but its SKY's to lose from here on in barring accidents. Dont the French love Froome?

6 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Only time will tell. overnight stage was a bit different and tonight's one should see some further attacks but its SKY's to lose from here on in barring accidents. Dont the French love Froome?

Yes, hope Froome survives the crowd on this tour

shows you how much  team sky care about the Team Classification,  overnight team sky moved from 1.70 to 11 and moviestar 2.40 down to 1.10, they had a rider in the breakaway , now they have 30 min on team sky

3 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Yes, hope Froome survives the crowd on this tour

shows you how much  team sky care about the Team Classification,  overnight team sky moved from 1.70 to 11 and moviestar 2.40 down to 1.10, they had a rider in the breakaway , now they have 30 min on team sky

Sky have only ever been interested in GC. That's Brailsford only mission. Unlike other teams they all ride together to protect Froome or Thomas usually letting all the other teams do the work to get some TV coverage. real bludgers in that respect but it works for them.

The way its going you might see one of them get let loose late in the piece to get some glory but even that's no certainty.

42 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Sky have only ever been interested in GC. That's Brailsford only mission. Unlike other teams they all ride together to protect Froome or Thomas usually letting all the other teams do the work to get some TV coverage. real bludgers in that respect but it works for them.

The way its going you might see one of them get let loose late in the piece to get some glory but even that's no certainty.

Yes good points, I have a good multi riding on Movistar team classification, maybe a good time to cover a little, it is a very volatile market, any suggestions?

30 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Yes good points, I have a good multi riding on Movistar team classification, maybe a good time to cover a little, it is a very volatile market, any suggestions?

Not at this stage for the reasons I outlined above. After the Pyrenees would be where I would be looking to hedge of at all.

Given injuries and withdrawls you can take out Bahrain, lotto Soudal and BMC. Can't work out Emirates and Wanty are not good enough.

Hope this helps but it's a good discussion so keep it up

I've enjoyed the last two stages, because they've been a bit different. On both occasions you got to see "lesser lights" who aren't top sprinters or GC contenders. The stage that finished on the Airport runway had the hill climb leading up to it and yesterdays had the "two man teams" playing cat and mouse.

The GC is fascinating because of how well Thomas has done up to this point. If Froome attacks will Dumilon drag Thomas back up to him as happened on Alp Duez (sp?). If I were Dumilon I'd just sit and say to Thomas "There's your Tour victory disappearing up the Hill".

On 7/22/2018 at 4:07 PM, jimbob said:

After last nights racing you are a home run barring major disaster. Even the commentators knew what was up when Movistar took over from Sky to do the pace making late in the piece. Team classification is all they are after now, white flag stuff so the only question now is which Sky rider wins GC. Froome far better time trialist but he might decide its Thomas's time to win after sacrificing himself for Froome in last few tours. Froome could have won another TDF if he hadn't had to wait for and carry Bradley Wiggins, who got knighted for winning. That was  a serious joke!!

On 7/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, Fartoomuch said:

After last nights racing you are a home run barring major disaster. Even the commentators knew what was up when Movistar took over from Sky to do the pace making late in the piece. Team classification is all they are after now, white flag stuff so the only question now is which Sky rider wins GC. Froome far better time trialist but he might decide its Thomas's time to win after sacrificing himself for Froome in last few tours. Froome could have won another TDF if he hadn't had to wait for and carry Bradley Wiggins, who got knighted for winning. That was  a serious joke!!

Yes I was disappointed Mikel  Lander could not continue his big move into the mountains. The team tactics have been great to watch. Time trials will be interesting tomorrow. I  think with all the bad publicity and public outcry team sky think Thomas would be better for the brand to win this tour, than Froome.  Will be interesting if they are in same team next year

1 minute ago, jimbob said:

Yes I was disappointed Mikel  Lander could not continue his big move into the mountains. The team tactics have been great to watch. Time trials will be interesting tomorrow. I  think with all the bad publicity and public outcry team sky think Thomas would be better for the brand to win this tour, than Froome.  Will be interesting if they are in same team next year

Indeed,Brailsford already said Thomas, who comes off contract at the end of the season, will be in the team next year.

As for overnight stage once again other teams literally gave it away to SKY and let them bludge as per usual. How could a team mate of the winner allow himself to ride uphill with SKY sitting on his back until he literally feel off bike in exhaustion.As i said way back , they have put up the white flag many stages ago and just let SKY have it on a plate. Not sure what the story with Froome is. Hes comfortable one minute, getting dropped the next then rejoining again. Climbing is over so barring accident, Thomas wins, simple as that.

Best ride on this tour for me was the young Colombian for SKY, he has immense talent and will have all major GC teams after him soon

5 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Indeed,Brailsford already said Thomas, who comes off contract at the end of the season, will be in the team next year.

As for overnight stage once again other teams literally gave it away to SKY and let them bludge as per usual. How could a team mate of the winner allow himself to ride uphill with SKY sitting on his back until he literally feel off bike in exhaustion.As i said way back , they have put up the white flag many stages ago and just let SKY have it on a plate. Not sure what the story with Froome is. Hes comfortable one minute, getting dropped the next then rejoining again. Climbing is over so barring accident, Thomas wins, simple as that.

Best ride on this tour for me was the young Colombian for SKY, he has immense talent and will have all major GC teams after him soon

Yes I agree. I think P Roglic will win stage tomorrow

It was a great Tour De F this year. Froome didn't win; there was a first time winner; plenty of young talent emerged; idiot spectators; cobblestones; that joker who broke his shoulder in the first stag was still going at the end; Sagan was awesome (as ususal); riders leading the stage crashed......... Something for everyone.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

It was a great Tour De F this year. Froome didn't win; there was a first time winner; plenty of young talent emerged; idiot spectators; cobblestones; that joker who broke his shoulder in the first stag was still going at the end; Sagan was awesome (as ususal); riders leading the stage crashed......... Something for everyone.

It was an absolute yawn fest. Mountain stages ( let’s face it no one seriously wants to watch 4 hours of a flat stage ) were dominated by the sky train. Sky is worse than the USPS. 

1 hour ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

It was an absolute yawn fest. Mountain stages ( let’s face it no one seriously wants to watch 4 hours of a flat stage ) were dominated by the sky train. Sky is worse than the USPS. 

The cobble stage was exciting, as well as the two huge climbs in the last week

21 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

NOOOO! C'mon DPDG. Glass half full! Glass half full!!