RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Thanks everyone

Just want to say thanks for the continued support of the many thousands of Racecafe members... there has been a lot of untrue statements made about this site elsewhere recently by former participants of little significance here with axes to grind..however we will continue to offer the best site in the country for the topics we cover.

Racecafe is in the middle of a major upgrade for the benefit of all our members and it will be rolled out over the next few weeks gradually so as not to disrupt the site in anyway. The largest competition ever offered on any Racing website will be launched shortly too which will coincide with the the look Racecafe.

I hope you all will enjoy the new features and additions, and would appreciate all your feedback as they start to get incorporated into the site.

Once again thanks for all the continued support and the amount of postings continues to rise as more become members to contribute to the Premier Racing Site in the country. All the best

Leigh

Leigh

I Love this forum.

I contribute  on RC with some token sponsorship as you well know.

I have very strong  personal Views about :

Stallion Service Fees, agistment costs and non claimable GST for a private owner.

Paying a jockey in advance for a  race ride. It is a contract for delivery. The owner of the horse has the right to withhold payment for poor service.dont they ?

I have a view point  about

Training Costs,

The RIU

Jockeys  

The thing that absolutely shits me , Leigh is   personal attacks by Race Cafe's with a  fancy non de Plume .

Like who is this  "pound for pound " ?

Leo Melloy ?

Good  men like Chris Wood, Ted (RDTY) dont hide. When they post their opinions on here.

Revel Somervell

Hi Rev. Very rarely disagree with you but must take you up on your views on Jockey Fees. In my opinion they deserve their $165.20 fee plus 5% of the stake if they win or place. If you are not satisfied with their ride you change riders next time. 

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, Black Kirrama said:

I have very strong  personal Views about :

Stallion Service Fees, agistment costs and non claimable GST for a private owner.

Every New Zealander pays GST that they can't claim.

12 hours ago, tonkatime said:

Every New Zealander pays GST that they can't claim.

Yes, but they are not suppling a product for people to use and then they are not able to claim back the GST charged in creating the product! 

THINK ABOUT IT!

On 7/14/2018 at 1:38 AM, poundforpound said:

A better solution, and something I’ve tried to get introduced, is for the NZRB to pay all costs of Racing as an above the line industry expense, then there’d be a slight reduction in stakes but float fees, noms, acceptance fees and riding fees would all be free, there’d be no GST, and the industry would save millions.

How have you got on with this? Make good sense to me.

14 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Make good sense to me.

That's the trouble Aaron I think. Makes too much sense. It would decrease stakes slightly but add more than is lost in return to owners.

56 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Well something needs to change, i'm on my last round in the ring unless something happens. 

TAB should run a book on the % of class A & B trainers that will not be renewing their licence for the 2018/19 season.

I know of at least 5.

How much rubbish can we expect at the end of the season when NZTR annual report comes out and will  those who need to reapply for board positions get put through the proverbial ringer. The thought of Victoria running the place is scary to the limit IMHO.

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

How much rubbish can we expect at the end of the season when NZTR annual report comes out and will  those who need to reapply for board positions get put through the proverbial ringer. The thought of Victoria running the place is scary to the limit IMHO.

We have got a Victorian running the place already!

I don’t know what he has achieved though?