RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

TAB Bravery Awards

I originally thought this was some kind of joke and it was a photoshop job. 

What percentage is this book at? And have I missed news on Titan Banner? I see he is exported, is he coming back? Have the "bookies" left him out as he is not currently in NZ?  

So many questions, but I have one more. 

Is anyone here actually going to take a bet on this option at these quoted odds? 

56 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I originally thought this was some kind of joke and it was a photoshop job. 

What percentage is this book at? And have I missed news on Titan Banner? I see he is exported, is he coming back? Have the "bookies" left him out as he is not currently in NZ?  

So many questions, but I have one more. 

Is anyone here actually going to take a bet on this option at these quoted odds? 

Three runners were added to the market this morning (~20% combined) and, after a couple of small movements since the original market went up, the market percentage is now 165%.

Given that it's an All-In market and the TAB are going to pocket some money from the scratchings (not to mention that the eventual winner may not even be in the current market), why can't they set the percentage at 100%? That'd attract turnover and get people talking.

(That said, I have to admit to having had a bet into this ridiculous market, so I'm probably not helping the TAB realise how stupid it is. Guerin was in the studio for the Trackside coverage this morning and was talking up Chicago Bull - one of the horses added to the market this morning - as being overs at $26. I think a few of us greyhound punters must've put a gold coin on it; it's now into $21).

So the brave hearts have added a few Ozzie plodders into NZ Cup mix.

I mean only a fool would touch Chicago Bull  at any odds this far out. Speaking of which I seem to recall Flagship Uberalles backing it  consistently in Interdoms. Bad financial strategy when Lazarus was a standout  As they say " any money was good money "  or " fools and money are soon parted" 

13 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

He wa going on about this afternoon on Trackside. How good  it was for the TAB to set the market. Absolute nonsense from him again but no real surprise.

I didn't hear him but in fairness to him over the last year or so he has been moaning about a lack of futures harness markets so he is probably referring to the fact there is a market this far out rather than it being a great market. 

6 hours ago, tonkatime said:

I didn't hear him but in fairness to him over the last year or so he has been moaning about a lack of futures harness markets so he is probably referring to the fact there is a market this far out rather than it being a great market. 

Very possibly Tonka  so fair call. But at 169% your not going to get many involved, only the real desparates