RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bblunt

Ashes farce

No problems Mady. Did you ever reach the dizzy heights of your school's 3rd XI?

3rd XI?? hmm ok :D .The best i did was play age group reps when i was in Christchurch...then got to Seniors level here in Blenheim..before succumbing to a back complaint..and having to hang up the boots..not before taking a sh!t load of wickets. :D

And once again wee timmy shows his ignorance of the rules of cricket.

Not so surprising is that the only cohort he's managed to drag in is his fellow 'High School 3rd XI' player in the Torch.

If you two had played at a decent level, then you'd surely be aware of this rule...

3.5.1 The safety of all persons within the ground is of paramount

importance to the ICC . In the event that any threatening

circumstance, whether actual or perceived, comes to the attention

of any umpire (including for example weather, pitch invasions, act

of God, etc. See also clauses 3.5.4 and 3.5.5), then the players and

officials should immediately be asked to leave the field of play in a

safe and orderly manner and to relocate to a secure and safe area

(depending on each particular threat) pending the satisfactory

passing or resolution of such threat or risk to the reasonable

satisfaction of the umpires, ICC Match Referee, the head of the

relevant ground authority, the head of ground security and/or the

police as the circumstances may require.

I must admit I was not aware of this rule but just reading through it I would have thought it applied more to some threat of terrorist attack,etc or in the case of weather an electrical storm or something of that ilk. Wouldn't have thought that a little bit of water coming out of the sky would have been thought to be a threatening circumstance although I guess to the great unwashed it could be.

Mr King your knowledge and/or ability to get stats is very impressive. Can you tell us please the averages of the NZ players in 1 dayers last year when Mr Ingram was in the team. Just to confirm how bad he is/was. Thanks in advance.

Can you tell us please the averages of the NZ players in 1 dayers last year when Mr Ingram was in the team. Just to confirm how bad he is/was. Thanks in advance.

I'm not your bitch...look it up yourself!

Thanks in advance.

I must admit I was not aware of this rule but just reading through it I would have thought it applied more to some threat of terrorist attack,etc or in the case of weather an electrical storm or something of that ilk. Wouldn't have thought that a little bit of water coming out of the sky would have been thought to be a threatening circumstance although I guess to the great unwashed it could be.

Mr King your knowledge and/or ability to get stats is very impressive. Can you tell us please the averages of the NZ players in 1 dayers last year when Mr Ingram was in the team. Just to confirm how bad he is/was. Thanks in advance.

:D

Happy New Year Moz. Hope all is well in the mighty metropolis.

And of course the likes of yourself, the sightscreen shifter, and the couch-potato had a far greater understanding of the weather conditions surrounding the SCG than the umpires did yesterday.:rolleyes:

Did you not stop and think for a minute that maybe, just maybe, the umpires might have been getting information fed to them through their ear-pieces that the possibility of rain was extremely high? The fact that it didn't occur immediately is a moot point.

There was an occasion a decade or two back at the GABBA when the then groundsman, Kevin Mitchell Snr, didn't even wait for the umpires to call him on to cover the wicket, and he would have been working with none of the technology available to yesterday's decision-makers.

Of course you knew the rules timmy, that's why I had to point it out to you!]

Nope, the decision made no sense to anyone - not even the cricinfo writer at the time. He thought it was idiotic too. Like everybody else. Including you probably but you can't help playing the man and not the ball:rolleyes:

Have a lovely day following the cricket on your computer:D Wouldn't want to leave it alone for a moment lest you come up with one of your hilarious putdowns. I'll be out getting kaimoana for the army and listening to Jim Maxwell and Kerry O'keefe. Oh, and you better get back to googling me - you're not quite the sleuth you think you are despite your stalker tendencies;)

Nope, the decision made no sense to anyone - not even the cricinfo writer at the time. He thought it was idiotic too. Like everybody else. Including you probably but you can't help playing the man and not the ball:rolleyes:

Have a lovely day following the cricket on your computer:D Wouldn't want to leave it alone for a moment lest you come up with one of your hilarious putdowns. I'll be out getting kaimoana for the army and listening to Jim Maxwell and Kerry O'keefe. Oh, and you better get back to googling me - you're not quite the sleuth you think you are despite your stalker tendencies]

Yep...the cricinfo writer thought it was so idiotic that he posted this comment...

"Now, this is interesting. The umpires have conferred and the players are heading off for a rain delay, even though it's not pouring down just yet. But as the radar shows, it's expected to be heavy."

...as the radar shows, it's expected to be heavy!!

Obviously you missed that bit timmy.;)

As for googling you:rolleyes:, you've got to be kidding...you're transparent enough as it is timmy...but im not surprised to see you've got such big raps on yourself.

Yep...the cricinfo writer thought it was so idiotic that he posted this comment...

"Now, this is interesting. The umpires have conferred and the players are heading off for a rain delay, even though it's not pouring down just yet. But as the radar shows, it's expected to be heavy."

...as the radar shows, it's expected to be heavy!!

Obviously you missed that bit timmy.]

You're a sucker for punishment. He also said this:

"Come on fellas, get back out there and play until it rains!

And the umpires do seem to be calling the players back on. Sorry, but that little delay was just ridiculous."

Hmm:rolleyes:

Maybe it wasn't you who googled me. Maybe it was Rosemary or Henry:D

And the umpires do seem to be calling the players back on. Sorry, but that little delay was just ridiculous."

:D Careful bb The FK will play you and not the balls if you keep up these great posts :)

PS: And remember he is always right!

Ho ho ho:D

What are the facts here timmy?

They are that heavy rain was showing up on the radar. The fact that it didn't eventuate immediately is besides the point. Of course all the idiots who were right AFTER the event are crowing, as they always are, but consider this.

The umpires get warnings through their mic's that heavy rain is in the area. They ignore it and play on. It starts to rain lightly, they play on. It starts to absolutely bucket down (which is what normally happens when HEAVY rain is in the area); they then send the players off; the groundstaff attempt to cover the block while it's pouring down, but in the process of doing so, some of the heavy rain water is trapped under the covers, resulting in a longer than normal drying period.

Now who do you think would get the blame in this situation timmy?

As for rosemary and henry, you may be right...maybe it was them, as I certainly wouldn't waste my time.

But you appear to be quite proud of something so why don't you share it all with us timmy tumeke.:D

:D Careful bb The FK will play you and not the balls if you keep up these great posts :)

PS: And remember he is always right!

Have you got anything mature to add torch?...or anything of a technical nature perhaps?

Nope. Didn't think so.

Ho ho ho howera high school third XI.:D

Including you probably but you can't help playing the man and not the ball:rolleyes:

Oh...one more thing, you're the one that started this so don't start bleating your ar$e off now you sook.;)

I'm not a Cricket tragic, King - though I did shake John Howard's hand once! - so I was genuinely surprised to learn of that ICC 'player protection' rule.

Going off the field - and getting the covers on - when Sydney-type 'showers' were imminent makes perfect sense. Imagine the flak that would've been chucked had no play been possible for, what?, two or three hours while the pitch dried 'when even blind Freddie knew rain was coming'...

I was at Randwick one Easter where, in the course of 30 minutes, the skies went from perfectly clear to blacker than the Ace of Spades and bucketing down to such an extent that the AJC just abandoned the day there and then...

Why the Cricinfo watching? Surely you're not back working already? During an Ashes Test? :eek:

Have you got anything mature to add torch?...or anything of a technical nature perhaps?

Nope. Didn't think so.

Ho ho ho howera high school third XI.:D

Umm technically you are right? :D

So tell us more about your days in the dressing room with that list of terrific crickters you spouted on about. Were towel holders part of the Basin back then? :D

I'm not a Cricket tragic, King - though I did shake John Howard's hand once! - so I was genuinely surprised to learn of that ICC 'player protection' rule.

Going off the field - and getting the covers on - when Sydney-type 'showers' were imminent makes perfect sense. Imagine the flak that would've been chucked had no play been possible for, what?, two or three hours while the pitch dried 'when even blind Freddie knew rain was coming'...

I was at Randwick one Easter where, in the course of 30 minutes, the skies went from perfectly clear to blacker than the Ace of Spades and bucketing down to such an extent that the AJC just abandoned the day there and then...

Why the Cricinfo watching? Surely you're not back working already? During an Ashes Test? :eek:

It takes another Wellingtonian to see the sense in taking the players from the field...why am I not surprised by that!

As for Cricinfo, I was out of the house at the time so had to follow it via the net. But I tend not to be a big one for sitting in front of the TV from ball one to the end of play. If someone who I rate is batting (ala KP on the Adelaide belter...with that unbelievable shot he played through midwicket), then I'll take time out to watch.

And when I do watch, I certainly don't hang off every word of the commentators like some of the tragics in here. With those that are worth listening to, like Chappell, Warne and Benaud, then I'm all ears. When Healey and Slater start talking then I switch off mentally to what they're saying.

It's called choices is it not?

Umm technically you are right? :D

So tell us more about your days in the dressing room with that list of terrific crickters you spouted on about. Were towel holders part of the Basin back then? :D

Diarrhoea of the mouth...constipation of the mind.

I certainly don't hang off every word of the commentators like some of the tragics in here. With those that are worth listening to, like Chappell, Warne and Benaud, then I'm all ears. When Healey and Slater start talking then I switch off mentally to what they're saying.

It's called choices is it not?

Mmmmm...

Though I must confess that, had I been at home during (say) the MCG Test, I would have happily listened to the Australian commentators weeping through each and every ball of each and every session, ha...

Not a lot of Cricket on TV here, ha, so, let me guess, the new boy with the Islamic name was promoted as 'the best thing since you-know-what. It's all happening! If only Ricky has busted his finger earlier! This kid's the new hope of Australian Cricket! You know, I reckon he'll make a hund ... o darn, he's out'?

Mmmmm...

Though I must confess that, had I been at home during (say) the MCG Test, I would have happily listened to the Australian commentators weeping through each and every ball of each and every session, ha...

Not a lot of Cricket on TV here, ha, so, let me guess, the new boy with the Islamic name was promoted as 'the best thing since you-know-what. It's all happening! If only Ricky has busted his finger earlier! This kid's the new hope of Australian Cricket! You know, I reckon he'll make a hund ... o darn, he's out'?

With Oz being our neighbours, we probably get to watch nearly as much of them as we do of our own lot, and I much preferred it (from a spectators point of view) when they were stronger.

When Warne was bowling, I was watching. Same goes for McGrath and occasionally B.Lee. A younger Ponting was a delight to watch, as was Hayden.

Sadly, those days are long gone and there's not a single Aussie now who is a 'must watch'.

Do your "choices" not extend to this site?? Obviously not :D

Jealousy will eat you up Gastro.

You're bitter against everyone and everything, unless they're also bitter in which case you're all over them like a fly on ...

Take pogo's advice and seek help...it's never too late.

Jealousy will eat you up Gastro.

You're bitter against everyone and everything, unless they're also bitter in which case you're all over them like a fly on ...

Take pogo's advice and seek help...it's never too late.

:D You're brilliant. Nearly as brilliant as Peter Ingram :D Keep making those "choices" TFK - but make sure your concur with your "friends" as well. Somehow I dont think you will ever through in that "towel" :D

And of course the likes of yourself, the sightscreen shifter, and the couch-potato had a far greater understanding of the weather conditions surrounding the SCG than the umpires did yesterday.:rolleyes:

Did you not stop and think for a minute that maybe, just maybe, the umpires might have been getting information fed to them through their ear-pieces that the possibility of rain was extremely high? The fact that it didn't occur immediately is a moot point.

There was an occasion a decade or two back at the GABBA when the then groundsman, Kevin Mitchell Snr, didn't even wait for the umpires to call him on to cover the wicket, and he would have been working with none of the technology available to yesterday's decision-makers.

Agree with that King but this doesn't seem to have any connection to the rule that you quoted which seemed to be more about safety of the players and nothing really to do with condition of the pitch unless an earthquake or something like that was involved. Obviously I am not reading the rule correctly but guess you dont have time to show me how it applies to keeping the wicket from getting wet. Sorry I dont have your level of intlligence on cricket matters (or probably anything else for that matter) :confused: