RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bblunt

Ashes farce

Nice to see you kept that message short and to the point to keep The King happy

It was my New Years resolution, Jezza.

Butter up one's self-appointed monarch at every opportunity!

Speaking of which, I just have to agree with something I saw King write about NZ Soccer: the absurd preponderance (spelling?) of Brits in the local game. Whilst Australia has gone forward at a rate of knots by incorporating Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs etc into their game we still swoon in delight that someone who once starred in a Division Four game in England three years ago has 'agreed' to come play down here...

English football (by which I mean the English-born players) is cr*p!

The Premier League is only as good as it is because the top teams don't bother to include home-grown 'stars'!

Holiday is going well! A few more days (well, a lot more days, actually) of arty-farting on The Boss's say-so and nowhere near enough on real culture like decent football games ... but they do say that partnership is all about compromise, don't they?

If ever they offer a Nobel Prize in Compromise, I will be the stand-out candidate!

How am I going to sleep tonight knowing that I never got to bowl to Martin Crowe in the nets....my life means nothing.

Oh well I suppose I can be at peace knowing that I was on the cricket company and sports cafe for my cricket achievements...:D

What's he on about Jezza??? :D

I sat at a black jack table with Martin, his brother Jeff and cousin Russell at the grand opening of Sky City a few years back.

That's got to be up there with bowling to the old Grammar boy in the nets surely?? ;):D

I sat at a black jack table with Martin, his brother Jeff and cousin Russell at the grand opening of Sky City a few years back.

That's got to be up there with bowling to the old Grammar boy in the nets surely?? ]

Hey tHOMO...you forgot to mention my name in full, as you never no when he may decide to ban me again under your urgings.

Knock your gay physique out flyboy!

That's got to be up there with bowling to the old Grammar boy in the nets surely?? ]

That's weird, Chris...

When Martin, Jeff and Russell threw that surprise birthday party for me earlier this year, they all told me - separately - that the highlights of their lives thus far (besides knowing me, of course :tongue: ) was sitting next to a real font of knowledge at the Sky City opening, albeit for such a sadly-short time!

Martin, particularly, was saddened he didn't at least swap business cards!

It's just about my half-birthday and I'm sure they'll be throwing me a suitable party for that, too, so I'll be able to clue them in as to who that maked man was!

How am I going to sleep tonight knowing that I never got to bowl to Martin Crowe in the nets....my life means nothing.

Oh well I suppose I can be at peace knowing that I was on the cricket company and sports cafe for my cricket achievements...:D

Good night jezza.

I will sleep easily knowing that I am now being referred to a 'has been', which is better than what you are referred to as a 'never was!'

Ho ho ho:D

My afore-printed post mightly possibly contain a statement or two that bears as much resemblance to truth as a dead budgie does to a live eagle!

At that same said event when I took a slash in the urinal I had current All Black captain Sean Fitzpatrick on one side of me and double Olympic gold medalist Danyon Loader on the other side of me.

True story!

I think my best friend and I were the only non celebrities there.

I even managed a brief chat with the current Education Minister at the time Lockwood Smith.

A night I will never forget!! :D

Good night jezza.

I will sleep easily knowing that I am now being referred to a 'has been', which is better than what you are referred to as a 'never was!'

Ho ho ho:D

Hope you believe in what you type. And I don't think you are ever described as a has been.....You have to have proof that you once were something to become a has been. :D

I think my best friend and I were the only non celebrities there.

Don't be so modest tHOMO.

You, my son, are WORLD FAMOUS!

The public went there to get a butchers at you!...Not Hogan, or Rusty, or Fitzy, or DL...but you!

But you knew that already didn't you.

I even managed a brief chat with the current Education Minister at the time Lockwood Smith. A night I will never forget!! :D

The only time you should ever use the words Lockwood Smith and A night I will never forget!! are in conjunction with your turning One News off after live and exclusive coverage from Parliament of the Speaker of the House being found Guilty of over-pomposity and being sentenced to live the rest of his natural life in a house with no mirrors...

The only time you should ever use the words Lockwood Smith and A night I will never forget!! are in conjunction with your turning One News off after live and exclusive coverage from Parliament of the Speaker of the House being found Guilty of over-pomposity and being sentenced to live the rest of his natural life in a house with no mirrors...

at the time Muzz so it was rather interesting to have chat with him.

Russell Crowe was predictably the most popular person who attended the event though. This was pre Gladiator and Danielle Spencer and the women were hanging off him like Paul McCartney at a 60's Beatles convention. :D

... and the women were hanging off him like Paul McCartney at a 60's Beatles convention. :D

:D...that's funny chris; haven;t heard that one before but do you mind if I borrow it?

...hanging off him like Paul McCartney at a Beatles convention...classic!:D

Where do you get these from?

It's just not possible Chris Taylor.

I possess an education, a natural amount of intelligence and charisma, three qualities that neglected you when you were brought into this world. :D

How's the net sessions going with the old Grammar boy?? ]

Funniest post ever...and easiest catch I've EVER made on Racecafe.:D

Answer me this please Chris, because you avoided answering it the other day when I put it to you.

If I'm the one that wants to be like you, then why are YOU the one that is using one of my old usernames?;)

Note to readers: It's quite easy to check...you just scroll through the history of posts and you'll see that it's not tHOMO.

Chris, I wish you all the best when you come over for the Derby and I'm wondering if you're going to be bringing the lovely Sophie with you, or don't you think she'll be out of quarantine in time for the big race?

All the best buddy.

Funniest post ever...and easiest catch I've EVER made on Racecafe.:D

Answer me this please Chris, because you avoided answering it the other day when I put it to you.

If I'm the one that wants to be like you, then why are YOU the one that is using one of my old usernames?]

And as a consequence he has dictated what pseudonym I am known by which I don't have a problem with as the people who do matter all know who I am anyway.

That's a tad different to yourself Chris who chooses to change the pseudonym you are known by depending on the mood you're in or which personality is currently in use. ;):D

Sophie will more than likely be joining me on my trip back to the motherland and coincidentally she has 2 aunties who live in your hometown so a fleeting visit to the windy city may also be on the cards.

And as a consequence he has dictated what pseudonym I am known by which I don't have a problem with as the people who do matter all know who I am anyway.

Yes, I bet you enjoy being dictated to.

But it's still one of my names is it not? So which one of us wants to be like the other again?;)

Enjoy Wgtn, and you won't have far to visit the aunties as the pound is out the back of the airport.

If and when I ever frequent another Ellerslie racemeeting, CHS, I will parade up and down in front of the main stand with a 'Bring Back Buck'-style placard demanding that zzz allows you to use a name of your choosing, heh heh...

I'll need sponsoring, of course. The sign will need to be ginormous since, no doubt, zzz will be in the FIGJAM (F*ck I'm Great, Just Ask Me) section of the grandstand and it'd be hard for him to see me way down there through the rose-tinted windows up there.

If and when I ever frequent another Ellerslie racemeeting, CHS, I will parade up and down in front of the main stand with a 'Bring Back Buck'-style placard demanding that zzz allows you to use a name of your choosing, heh heh...

I'll need sponsoring, of course. The sign will need to be ginormous since, no doubt, zzz will be in the FIGJAM (F*ck I'm Great, Just Ask Me) section of the grandstand and it'd be hard for him to see me way down there through the rose-tinted windows up there.

Either at Ellerslie or the Viaduct.

I'm not too concerned with the moniker short stuff has bestowed on me.

I see it as kind of a challenge really.

Will be great to be back at the mighty Ellerslie!! :D

I possess an education, a natural amount of intelligence and charisma, three qualities that neglected you when you were brought into this world. :D

I've lost count of the number of usernames I have(or had), but I'm betting that somewhere amongst the 10-plus names I would have had at least one of those qualities you mentioned.