RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bblunt

Ashes farce

How the hell can they go off because it 'might' rain? If this was a critical moment in the match they wouldn't go off. They shouldn't be able to pick and choose. Ridiculous. Wasn't bad light either as the umpires didn't confer to discuss the light meter. That stuff makes cricket look a tad silly.

How the hell can they go off because it 'might' rain? If this was a critical moment in the match they wouldn't go off. They shouldn't be able to pick and choose. Ridiculous. Wasn't bad light either as the umpires didn't confer to discuss the light meter. That stuff makes cricket look a tad silly.

Good point. Loved the last stages of the morning session where Greig and Slater were questioning why England hadnt bowled 30 overs before lunch (what the hell that has to do with the minimum of 90 in a day who knows!!!). Worldy Tony thought that teams should HAVE TO bowl 30 overs even if it meant it crept into their lunchtime. Over 30 commences and sure enough Hughes obliges in nicking one to slips. Very pleasing :)

Good point. Loved the last stages of the morning session where Greig and Slater were questioning why England hadnt bowled 30 overs before lunch (what the hell that has to do with the minimum of 90 in a day who knows!!!). Worldy Tony thought that teams should HAVE TO bowl 30 overs even if it meant it crept into their lunchtime. Over 30 commences and sure enough Hughes obliges in nicking one to slips. Very pleasing :)

Never got much out of Tony Greig's input. Sure has sucked a few Aussie sangers over the years.

Slater's just so hard on the ear that even if he did say something useful i wouldn't hear it.

Healey's the worst of the lot though Taylor's also pointless.

Mark Nicholas is almost as smug as Craig Taylor and has a similar approach to cricket - remembers a lot from the past but doesn't have any technical nous

Chappell always comes out with something insightful amidst the mindless babble of Slater and Healey

Lawry - love 'im, yes!

Benaud - God?

Khawaja looks really good.

And once again wee timmy shows his ignorance of the rules of cricket.

Not so surprising is that the only cohort he's managed to drag in is his fellow 'High School 3rd XI' player in the Torch.

If you two had played at a decent level, then you'd surely be aware of this rule...

3.5.1 The safety of all persons within the ground is of paramount

importance to the ICC . In the event that any threatening

circumstance, whether actual or perceived, comes to the attention

of any umpire (including for example weather, pitch invasions, act

of God, etc. See also clauses 3.5.4 and 3.5.5), then the players and

officials should immediately be asked to leave the field of play in a

safe and orderly manner and to relocate to a secure and safe area

(depending on each particular threat) pending the satisfactory

passing or resolution of such threat or risk to the reasonable

satisfaction of the umpires, ICC Match Referee, the head of the

relevant ground authority, the head of ground security and/or the

police as the circumstances may require.

Now timmy, how about you answer my question once and for all and tell us all about your playing days...I'm sure it won't take you too long.;)

Khawaja looks really good.

I caught a snippet of Khawaja batting on the news highlights and that's it, but he appears to have an extremely low grip on his bat, even more so than the likes of Tendulkar.

What's the bet the poms stop bowling short and get him on the front foot more often, or even throw the ball to Swann and see how he goes to any deliveries given a bit of flight.;)

Not so surprising is that the only cohort he's managed to drag in is his fellow 'High School 3rd XI' player in the Torch.

If you two had played at a decent level, then you'd surely be aware of this rule...

Now timmy, how about you answer my question once and for all and tell us all about your playing days...I'm sure it won't take you too long.]

Yes - like you opted for Australia to win the Ashes, you are right :D Hail The Fisher King :D

Yes - like you opted for Australia to win the Ashes, you are right :D Hail The Fisher King :D

Are you game to detail your playing credentials yet Torch? Or are you sitting on just making the 3rd XI for your high school?

Good point Dennis...and Torch, do you really expect anyone to take your opinions on cricket seriously after you trumpeted Peter Ingram, and lambasted Kane Williamson!;)

Ho ho ho....oh how we all laughed our heads off at those two pearlers.:D

Good point Dennis...and Torch, do you really expect anyone to take your opinions on cricket seriously after you trumpeted Peter Ingram, and lambasted Kane Williamson!]

Yes you are right. Peter helped his team make the final while Kane cant get into the Northern side.

But we must remember you are right as you've told us all about the exploits of your personalities :D

TK is right - you heard it here first folks :D

Must say I had a chuckle at Ingrams footwork to the first ball yesterday,classic, and to think people who claim to know something about cricket selected him for the Black Caps

Seeing as Bates cant get a look in as a bowler in the WC 30 maybe he should be picked as an opening batsman instead of the Wellington fitness fanatic. He would score about the same number of runs,and then could be used as a bowler.

Must say I had a chuckle at Ingrams footwork to the first ball yesterday,classic, and to think people who claim to know something about cricket selected him for the Black Caps

Seeing as Bates cant get a look in as a bowler in the WC 30 maybe he should be picked as an opening batsman instead of the Wellington fitness fanatic. He would score about the same number of runs,and then could be used as a bowler.

Ingram is great :)

My lasting memory of the game (apart from the almost arrogant attitude of CD throughout the match) was Craig McMillans hilarious call with regards to van Wyks run out. He ACTUALLY believed the guy was trying to hit the throw with his bat!! And we send this muppet around the globe to commentate for SKY! Like his playing days, he is a joke.

Now timmy, how about you answer my question once and for all and tell us all about your playing days...I'm sure it won't take you too long.]

Well King...you have definitely opened my eyes...i consider myself to be a cricket nut....having played all levels over the years...but i must say that i had never come across that rule..tho i haven't read a rule book for quite a while.Thanks for that.

My lasting memory of the game (apart from the almost arrogant attitude of CD throughout the match) was Craig McMillans hilarious call with regards to van Wyks run out. He ACTUALLY believed the guy was trying to hit the throw with his bat!! And we send this muppet around the globe to commentate for SKY! Like his playing days, he is a joke.

Jealousy bites real hard. Did you have your application to commentate turned down?

Well King...you have definitely opened my eyes...i consider myself to be a cricket nut....having played all levels over the years...but i must say that i had never come across that rule..tho i haven't read a rule book for quite a while.Thanks for that.

No problems Mady. Did you ever reach the dizzy heights of your school's 3rd XI?

Oh dear...you really want to do a bot of research before you start slagging players off Nathan.

Here are the Test batting averages of some of our more respected players of the past 20-30 years.

Bruce Edgar @ 30.59

John Wright @ 37.82

Ken Rutherford @ 27.08

Chris Cairns @ 33.53

Jeremy Coney @ 37.57

Nathan Astle @ 37.02

Jeff Crowe @ 26.24

...and then we have Craig McMillan...the man Nathan Gastro refers to as a 'joke' in his playing days...

Test Average = 38.46!!!

Give it up gastro...while you're wayyyyyy behind!

Jealousy bites real hard. Did you have your application to commentate turned down?

Bang on again TK. Its no wonder you are scared to put your real name on here :D:D:D It would just make always thinking you were right that little bit tougher to do :D

Oh dear...you really want to do a bot of research before you start slagging players off Nathan.

Here are the Test batting averages of some of our more respected players of the past 20-30 years.

Bruce Edgar @ 30.59

John Wright @ 37.82

Ken Rutherford @ 27.08

Chris Cairns @ 33.53

Jeremy Coney @ 37.57

Nathan Astle @ 37.02

Jeff Crowe @ 26.24

...and then we have Craig McMillan...the man Nathan Gastro refers to as a 'joke' in his playing days...

Test Average = 38.46!!!

Give it up gastro...while you're wayyyyyy behind!

Did you find that on Facebook?? :D

Yep you are right. Yeah Id have him in my test team ahead of Astle, Cairns, Edgar, Wright, Rutherford and Coney anyday :D

I loved the way he always had more lives than a cat and still shook his head when trudging off :D

So I take it you also thought van Wyk was trying to "hit the ball"?? :D All you have to say is yes and McMillan will be proved to be correct :)

Did you find that on Facebook?? :D

Yep you are right. Yeah Id have him in my test team ahead of Astle, Cairns, Edgar, Wright, Rutherford and Coney anyday :D

I loved the way he always had more lives than a cat and still shook his head when trudging off :D

So I take it you also thought van Wyk was trying to "hit the ball"?? :D All you have to say is yes and McMillan will be proved to be correct :)

So despite the weight of evidence, you still regard Macca as a joke...oh how we're all laughing at you once again.

Did I think van Wyk was trying to hit the ball?....ho ho ho...I'll leave the watching of 20/20 to the likes of you and your 3rd XI teammates gastro as the sight of batsmen continually hitting across the line, and bowlers who bowl just back of a good length(as they're meant to) and then get slogged for 6 tends to do my head in a tad.

Not that you'd understand any of what I've just typed.;)

So despite the weight of evidence, you still regard Macca as a joke...oh how we're all laughing at you once again.

Did I think van Wyk was trying to hit the ball?....ho ho ho...I'll leave the watching of 20/20 to the likes of you and your 3rd XI teammates gastro as the sight of batsmen continually hitting across the line, and bowlers who bowl just back of a good length(as they're meant to) and then get slogged for 6 tends to do my head in a tad.

Not that you'd understand any of what I've just typed.]

Yes I did. The part where you said "we're" I take it you heard a lot of laughter in your mind :D Say hi to all of your personalities for me would you please? :D Hugs and kisses to Craig and Kane too xxx :D

I know the rules Craig. My point was they can be a bit silly. Wouldn't you say going off at the suggestion of rain is a tad silly? It certainly looked farcical when they came back on 7 minutes later after no rain. Now come on Craig, be a sport and admit it was a bit of an embarrassment. Imagine you were at the SCG watching the game for the first time. You'd be wetting your pants at the precious wee things running off the field after a few spots of rain

I know the rules Craig. My point was they can be a bit silly. Wouldn't you say going off at the suggestion of rain is a tad silly? It certainly looked farcical when they came back on 7 minutes later after no rain. Now come on Craig, be a sport and admit it was a bit of an embarrassment. Imagine you were at the SCG watching the game for the first time. You'd be wetting your pants at the precious wee things running off the field after a few spots of rain

Of course you knew the rules timmy, that's why I had to point it out to you!;)

Here's the facts. I was following the game on cricinfo; rain was imminent; that information would have been relayed to the umps, probably along the lines of, "it's hosing down in the next suburb"; they decided to take the players off so that the groundsman could protect the block (as they are required to do as umpires); the rain didn't appear then, but it did later.

It seems that the decision made sense to everyone apart from some couch- potato from Chch (and a sightscreen shifter from Hawera), neither of whom would know one end of a cricket bat from another, but yet make out on here that they know a thing or two about the game.:rolleyes:

I tell ya...I'm loving your work, the pair of ya! :D

Of course you knew the rules timmy, that's why I had to point it out to you!]

And we love you too Kingy. But dont let all of your "friends" get too jealous :D As long as you think you're right, we think you're right :)

And we love you too Kingy. But dont let all of your "friends" get too jealous :D As long as you think you're right, we think you're right :)

...I present facts about cricket and this is the best you've got??

You're ho ho ho hopeless!!:D

Why don't you try crawling up my ar$e again by asking me another story about people I've either played against, or been in the same cricket squads with, like you did that time you asked me about Heath Davis.

Would you like to know what it was like to bowl to M.D.Crowe and be in the same changing shed as him? What about Andrew Jones? Evan Gray? Derek Stirling? Erv McSweeney? Robert Vance?

These are all names you should recognise, as I'm sure you've shifted a sightscreen or two for them during your heyday.:D

Now how about saying something positive about someone for a change.;)

...I present facts about cricket and this is the best you've got??

You're ho ho ho hopeless!!:D

Why don't you try crawling up my ar$e again by asking me another story about people I've either played against, or been in the same cricket squads with, like you did that time you asked me about Heath Davis.

Would you like to know what it was like to bowl to M.D.Crowe and be in the same changing shed as him? What about Andrew Jones? Evan Gray? Derek Stirling? Erv McSweeney? Robert Vance?

These are all names you should recognise, as I'm sure you've shifted a sightscreen or two for them during your heyday.:D

Now how about saying something positive about someone for a change.]

Im positive you are right :D

Haven't you heard of Baker, Chittenden, Rangiwahia and Kuklinski oh great one they are household names in my school's 3rd XI best of all time team. I was fortunate enough to make the team (my greatest achievement) as they said they needed an Irish Allrounder, someone who can't bat or bowl, to bring some balance to it and to help with any sightscreen movements

Ho ho hopeless :D