RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

News from Wanganui

30 minutes ago, Emotive said:

Just to be clear. To anyone following this thread.

The Wanganui board wish to TRIAL a trial day change, for all the right reasons.
There have been issues around Sunday trialing ever since I have been involved, one I have not mentioned is the difficulty of getting the track ready on a Sunday after rugby matches on Saturday.

Recent video shows rugby supporters causing damage to the track while rugby matches are in progress. Matches are played inside our track. This included supporters holding races on the track and climbing on the boxes. Inappropriate supporter behaviour has been an ongoing issue for our club and track staff who have to regularly clean up after them before 10 am trials on Sunday. Removing broken glass which is a regular event is a major threat to all dogs who present for Sunday trials. Anyone reading already knows where I stand on animal welfare, it will always be my first priority. Our job is to eliminate all known risk factors, to control as many of the variables that we can for the benefit of all.

It is the track curators job to do all of the above.

The club owns the site right? Maybe they should show some more backbone. If the Rugby club cant get their shit together and treat the track respectfully, than they can find another space to play games.

It is an animal welfare issue in general if glass is getting smashed on the track every Saturday and the boxes are being jumped on. Trialing on Sunday and racing Wednesday is no different. There is no way they could find every piece of glass. If this is the MAIN reason why the club wants to change the time, maybe the club should be stripped off their license to race until they can sort this out as it is not on. This should not be happening PERIOD. 

1 hour ago, Rules For Some said:

It is the track curators job to do all of the above.

The club owns the site right? Maybe they should show some more backbone. If the Rugby club cant get their shit together and treat the track respectfully, than they can find another space to play games.

It is an animal welfare issue in general if glass is getting smashed on the track every Saturday and the boxes are being jumped on. Trialing on Sunday and racing Wednesday is no different. There is no way they could find every piece of glass. If this is the MAIN reason why the club wants to change the time, maybe the club should be stripped off their license to race until they can sort this out as it is not on. This should not be happening PERIOD. 

Yes, it is the track curators job, but should that weight be carried on his shoulders alone? No. Why place that responsibility on one man, he isn't responsible for other individuals behaviour? Glass isn't being found on the track every week I never said that but it has been found. Glass can be, however, an issue on the outside of the track where dogs walk and are emptied.  The club has tried on numerous occasions to stop this behaviour happening. They have not been successful as the track is on Council land which is shared by two Rugby clubs and smaller fitness groups. Anyone can apply to Council to use the space, it is a public area. And Council should be policing its use. They do not. Hence the reason I was against the stand build. A stand-alone track would have been my choice for a million dollar spend. It is not the only reason, and they have the ability to cancel trials if necessary, and they do. Trials are not held every Sunday for various reasons, and when breakdowns occur everyone goes home. The benefits of Thursday trials outweigh the convenience of Sunday for some. I am not putting a case forward for my own benefit but for the benefit of all. I stand by the Board on this issue, they are trying to do right by the majority and should be supported. Disappointed by the response of some.