RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

News from Wanganui

11 hours ago, yorky said:

Emotive (mauro Barsi)

mauro you talk a lot of sense but you sound like you are standing up in front of one of the employers meetings at the wellington employers meeting.

How are you enjoying your new role as CEO NZGRA?

Dennis you bugger now I will have to apologise to Gary 1 as you take the title for the stupidest post of the year

On 7/8/2018 at 1:14 PM, POPA GAS said:

As from the 1st of August there will no more trials on Sunday.But that is all right you can trial on Thursday instead.

Bev

I was told it is put on hold and there will be a vote for trainers only.

52 minutes ago, POPA GAS said:

I was told it is put on hold and there will be a vote for trainers only.

POPA GAS

As you posted the original thread and appear to be against a day change, can you please give your reasoning behind standing with Sunday trials.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Emotive said:

POPA GAS

As you posted the original thread and appear to be against a day change, can you please give your reasoning behind standing with Sunday trials.

Thank you.

Emotive can we also have a reason why your so against it

Sunday is the best day of the week for trails 

On 7/23/2018 at 10:22 AM, Emotive said:

On 7/23/2018 at 10:22 AM, Emotive said:

POPA GAS

Thank you.

So if the trainers vote to keep Sunday as trial day are you going to ask each one of them their reason for voting that way Mein  Herr 

Edited by Zero Tolerance
Brought up twice only want second one

There's always heaps of trials on a Sunday so there's obviously the need for it and so it would seem to be convenient for the majority of participants.

Given the revenue earned by the club it seems a little odd to change to another day and put that success at risk. 

11 hours ago, Flabbergasted said:

There's always heaps of trials on a Sunday so there's obviously the need for it and so it would seem to be convenient for the majority of participants.

Given the revenue earned by the club it seems a little odd to change to another day and put that success at risk. 

It is the only designated trial day so there actually is no other choice.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:00 PM, Joe blogs said:

Emotive can we also have a reason why your so against it

Sunday is the best day of the week for trails 

I already gave them. I am not against a Sunday trial if they are run under the same conditions on offer for Thursday. 

21 hours ago, Zero Tolerance said:

So if the trainers vote to keep Sunday as trial day are you going to ask each one of them their reason for voting that way Mein  Herr 

There actually is no vote Zero. The post from Poppa Gas is misinformed. There is, however, the facility for trainers to give feedback on the proposed change. The decision to change or not will be made by the board.

15 hours ago, Emotive said:

It is the only designated trial day so there actually is no other choice.

If you're racing on Wednesday or Friday and need to trial a dog in between then Sunday is ideal being either three or five days prior whereas Thursday is either a day after or a day before - no consideration at all for a proper training regime. The same goes if you need to trial a dog twice in a week e.g: breaking in, coming back from spell, getting fit, etc. then Wednesday and Sunday is ideal.    

11 hours ago, Flabbergasted said:

If you're racing on Wednesday or Friday and need to trial a dog in between then Sunday is ideal being either three or five days prior whereas Thursday is either a day after or a day before - no consideration at all for a proper training regime. The same goes if you need to trial a dog twice in a week e.g: breaking in, coming back from spell, getting fit, etc. then Wednesday and Sunday is ideal.    

There are trials Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Swapping Sunday for Thursday will make little difference to most with the exception of those who work. What the thread posts tell me is that a few people are unwilling to see past their own backyard. Not interested in providing decent respite for track staff. Not interested in reducing vet costs for all. Not interested in providing structure which would reduce waiting times for all trial dogs. Not interested in having issues resolved immediately. Not interested in racing on a track that would be closer to race day conditions because it has been worked the day before. Not interested in having tradies available to fix any malfunctions that may arise on the day so that trials can continue. No none of that.

The constant barrage of complaints that plaque Sunday's trials are a joke because they come predominantly from those who rate personal trial convenience over eliminating the issues that exist. That's sad. That's exactly the attitude that has led to waning public support.

Emotive 

It cost just as  much for a vet on a sunday as it is on a Thursday 

The track staff at wanganui are not working as much as you think or have been told they work 

The track at wanganui needs to be worked 7 days a week in the summer that tarack will be that hard  we will lose more dogs because that track has had nothing done to it  from Friday at 10 pm until sometime Monday 

All the tracks in oz i think you will fine get worked 7days a week not 5 days a week like what you want

44 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

Emotive 

The track staff at wanganui are not working as much as you think or have been told they work 

The track at wanganui needs to be worked 7 days a week in the summer that tarack will be that hard  we will lose more dogs because that track has had nothing done to it  from Friday at 10 pm until sometime Monday 

All the tracks in oz i think you will fine get worked 7days a week not 5 days a week like what you want

Most of the tracks in Australia are worked 7 days a week. Some tracks even allow you to trial 5-7days a week.

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

Emotive 

The vet is closed on Sunday, and there is a call out fee. Vet availability depends on whether the on-call vet is on another job, so you may not get immediate attention. Please don't spout maybe stats at me from Australia, that is irrelevant. How about you actually provide track information from New Zealand tracks. Are any NZ tracks worked 7 days a week? Provide the statistics to back up your claims please. I actually care that all track staff have sufficient recovery time, rested staff are far less likely to make mistakes. If you don't value your employees, the people you entrust with providing the safest most consistent surface possible, then you have no right to criticise when things go wrong. As for your comment about "not working enough", do you really want to go there? Isn't it better to have rested staff doing the best possible job to ensure the safety of all dogs? You are all quick to yell and scream when you don't think the track is up to scratch, but eliminate a possible cause of inconsistency, and it's not convenient.

6 minutes ago, POPA GAS said:

How about they hire  more staff . Then they can holiday,get sick etc,and there will be someone that can do the job ,temporary or part-time, like teachers.

Not a bad idea as long as they are fully trained and competent.

6 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Most of the tracks in Australia are worked 7 days a week. Some tracks even allow you to trial 5-7days a week.

I get why the tracks are worked 7 days a week in Aus with that amount of track activity you would need to. Thanks for sharing that.

14 hours ago, Emotive said:

Joe Bloggs

Are you aware that Addington does not have a trial only day and that the club does not allow puppies and break-ins to go round on a race day?

That’s because they aren’t allowed by their landlord I’ve heard. But that really isn’t relevant to here. 

35 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

Emotive that is incorrect.We trial on Mondays at Addington.And if you live more than 100ks(Not 100% on distance,might be less) from Addington you can trial on raceday and I have seen pups go round.

AC

Thanks for that Craig. Major apologies to all. I didn't double check the info received from a Christchurch participant and I should have.
Addy races 3 times a week, with back to back meetings on Thursday/Friday, trials Monday/racing Tuesday.
Have there been any issues with backing up with in that short time frame that has affected track surface quality?
Do you know whether the track is worked 7 days a week? 

1 hour ago, Zero Tolerance said:

That’s because they aren’t allowed by their landlord I’ve heard. But that really isn’t relevant to here. 

I apologise for the error in the info I posted. I was told it was a landlord issue also. But in saying that Addy backs up on consecutive days, so it is relevant given that the people who are against the day change TRIAL have used back up as a reason to support their argument.

Just to be clear. To anyone following this thread.

The Wanganui board wish to TRIAL a trial day change, for all the right reasons.
There have been issues around Sunday trialing ever since I have been involved, one I have not mentioned is the difficulty of getting the track ready on a Sunday after rugby matches on Saturday.

Recent video shows rugby supporters causing damage to the track while rugby matches are in progress. Matches are played inside our track. This included supporters holding races on the track and climbing on the boxes. Inappropriate supporter behaviour has been an ongoing issue for our club and track staff who have to regularly clean up after them before 10 am trials on Sunday. Removing broken glass which is a regular event is a major threat to all dogs who present for Sunday trials. Anyone reading already knows where I stand on animal welfare, it will always be my first priority. Our job is to eliminate all known risk factors, to control as many of the variables that we can for the benefit of all.