RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Fireworks/Horses

Every year we dread the couple of weeks of fireworks as town spreads closer to our property and fireworks are let off at irregular times not knowing what damage may unfold. Trying to get fireworks banned or at least confined to public displays has always fallen on deaf ears . Yet this weekend a whale in the Wellington harbour has stopped the annual Mataraki fireworks display .Everyone seems to agree with the descion so let’s hope it’s the start of the end of fireworks. Then again maybe the Whale has more rights than other animals ? 

Whilst I don’t disagree with you and fireworks being an extreme danger to horses, & I hate the thought that any of my horses or anyone else’s will be injured by them. I do take issue with you wanting something banned just because it doesn’t suit your pursuits or interests.

If we stretch that out to its extreme you won’t need to worry about your horses as probably more want racing banned in this country than want to see it continue.

The only great thing about fireworks is it’s the one time I get each year to scare the shit out of neighbours dogs who terrorise kids and anyone else walking by most days of the week. I take great delight in having a cannon explore above their property knowing that the dogs are roaming as the owners are too stupid to get them inside.

13 minutes ago, barryb said:

Whilst I don’t disagree with you and fireworks being an extreme danger to horses, & I hate the thought that any of my horses or anyone else’s will be injured by them. I do take issue with you wanting something banned just because it doesn’t suit your pursuits or interests.

If we stretch that out to its extreme you won’t need to worry about your horses as probably more want racing banned in this country than want to see it continue.

The only great thing about fireworks is it’s the one time I get each year to scare the shit out of neighbours dogs who terrorise kids and anyone else walking by most days of the week. I take great delight in having a cannon explore above their property knowing that the dogs are roaming as the owners are too stupid to get them inside.

I grew up happily having double happy fights with the kids on the street and the odd thunderbolt in a teachers letterbox. Guess since I’ve moved to the country I can see the effect on animals in general so my take is having a public display is the way to go.The problem I have is wankers letting them off botvon Guy Fawkes night but a couple of weeks later with no warning .

10 hours ago, puha said:

I grew up happily having double happy fights with the kids on the street and the odd thunderbolt in a teachers letterbox. Guess since I’ve moved to the country I can see the effect on animals in general so my take is having a public display is the way to go.The problem I have is wankers letting them off botvon Guy Fawkes night but a couple of weeks later with no warning .

Agree mate, one night is not so much the issue it's the two weeks either side that causes the problems.

11 hours ago, puha said:

Carrys on throughout the year, if it was the one day only, wouldn't  be so bad, always a worrying  time for pets and livestock. 

1 hour ago, tonkatime said:

Agree mate, one night is not so much the issue it's the two weeks either side that causes the problems.

& the farking dickheads who let them off on New Years Eve.

& the wankers who let them off around midnight for weeks in areas where they are heaps of kids.