Sign in to follow this  
poundforpound

Choke ya bastards

39 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Berri said:

Tribal behavior. Overpaid primadonners who have bling wives and girlfriends, drive around in cars that no-one want to drive because the footballers do, think that fluffy dice and garish tatoos are the melt of the day, that are paid millions by people who are more idiotic than the players.

Can't all be idiotic , I pay to watch football and iam not an idiot so that's one non idiotic person , oh I support Leyton Orient so cancel that comment out,  iam a prize fool but born next to ground so that's my excuse.

A lot of people on here clearly though are not idiotic and they know the game from the comments.Also good old Mike Channon a legend footballer now trainer not idiotic  with 20 odd group 1 wins in 6 countries  , trained Youamzain to 3 runners up spots in Arc and iam guessing 150 plus in training .Also had brilliant windmill arm celebration I loved as a kid.

It is tribal , you support the team you a born to support but that's the way it is . I agree though some right wallys follow the sport who are idiotic and I spent good deal of my working life in London dealing with aforementioned wallys. A lot of good buggers though  follow the game  and I see some of them every freezing Saturday morning helping the talented kids we have playing the game here.

Poms can only beat who's in front of them ,tournament draw is as it is, they ended weak side after Germans and Spain  went , only second time Belgium have beaten them in 22 games first since 1936 , they are  not complete mugs. Poms do need another goalscorer though.

14 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Can't all be idiotic , I pay to watch football and iam not an idiot so that's one non idiotic person , oh I support Leyton Orient so cancel that comment out,  iam a prize fool but born next to ground so that's my excuse.

A lot of people on here clearly though are not idiotic and they know the game from the comments.Also good old Mike Channon a legend footballer now trainer not idiotic  with 20 odd group 1 wins in 6 countries  , trained Youamzain to 3 runners up spots in Arc and iam guessing 150 plus in training .Also had brilliant windmill arm celebration I loved as a kid.

It is tribal , you support the team you a born to support but that's the way it is . I agree though some right wallys follow the sport who are idiotic and I spent good deal of my working life in London dealing with aforementioned wallys. A lot of good buggers though  follow the game  and I see some of them every freezing Saturday morning helping the talented kids we have playing the game here.

Poms can only beat who's in front of them ,tournament draw is as it is, they ended weak side after Germans and Spain  went , only second time Belgium have beaten them in 22 games first since 1936 , they are  not complete mugs. Poms do need another goalscorer though.

Leyton Orient eh RR....I feel your pain. Our lot came from West London ( Brentford closest ) and I played for WLSchoolboys as a kid, watched by scouts from all sorts of teams. Parents scuppered that bright future by coming out here so another star lost to the game...:rolleyes:

Don't think England have enough to win it. Whoever wins the Brazil/Belgium/France group must be favourites.

28 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Leyton Orient eh RR....I feel your pain. Our lot came from West London ( Brentford closest ) and I played for WLSchoolboys as a kid, watched by scouts from all sorts of teams. Parents scuppered that bright future by coming out here so another star lost to the game...:rolleyes:

Don't think England have enough to win it. Whoever wins the Brazil/Belgium/France group must be favourites.

Brentford brilliant stuff OM,  been Griffen Park few times many years back as old East West London derby , then Brentford sold us down river and went up divs while we stagnated and now National League. Dont you just hate clubs with ambition they ruin alI the fun.I was  at Haast one day years back , car pulled out of side dirt track in  front of me in middle of nowhere, not another car seen for hour ,  sticker on  car  " don't follow me follow the Os". My mate said " fxxx my days theres the other supporter ".

Old Stan Bowles a legend over your part London with Brentford and QPR. Don't make them like him no more , trained bit in morning spent afternoons fliting between William Hill and pub but a creative genius. Before they canned the jump racing at Windsor used to go regular to Monday or Tuesday jumps cards in  mid winter, loads Chelsea QPR boys on punt there. 

At least John  Sittons Leyton Orient  team talks from doco from 90s still available on you tube when I get homesick. A great watch. Inspirational stuff.

Yeah sadly I agree , England not quite level Belgium France or Brazil. I really liked France when they hit overdrive other day, I fancy Belgium to roll Brazil , and Sweden England got look of FA Cup tie that I think England will get through.

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You don;t think they have enough to win it , but you're hoping they do!

2 hours ago, Huey said:

You don;t think they have enough to win it , but you're hoping they do!

Great song from Euro 96 , one of best summers of my life, paid to stop Dutch supporter buses heading to Wembley , seizing their crates Oranjiboom and then watching England beat Dutch 4 1 and that was a serious Dutch team .Thanks for posting this classic hit , up there with Stairway to Heaven and Bohemian Rhapsody in British music history.

Class performance by Belgium and Courtois keeping masterclass. Not sure if Poms make it through they could live with counterattacking of France or Belgium. Going all out tempting fate England as sure to win tonight as Nature Strip is to smoke down the straight six winning  today . 

Heat wave in UK , not ending tomorrow . 3pm kick off UK time , start drinking 11am , poms drink heat football, oh dear it might get very very untidy either result.

It was indeed RR.....the problem for them now is backing up after that, and the exertions against Japan, to play France.

If they can, and the pace they have will trouble the French, they can go all the way.

They look streets ahead of the other group anyway....no dangers there.

On ‎4‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, Berri said:

Tribal behavior. Overpaid primadonners who have bling wives and girlfriends, drive around in cars that no-one want to drive because the footballers do, think that fluffy dice and garish tatoos are the melt of the day, that are paid millions by people who are more idiotic than the players.

You sound like a typical rugby head Berri. I guess when you put it in world terms, Rugby is Dannevirke and Football is New York

Insert other media.url

I do not support The Poms  but I love their passion. Last year I went to Elland Road to watch my beloved Leeds. For the first 10 minutes the support was so loud if you wanted to talk to the person next to you he would not hear you. 20 minutes after the game the fans were still in the ground singing. 

In July last year I went to The All Blacks V Lions game at Wellington Stadium and that was like a wake compared with Elland Road. After about 60 minutes into the game if you listened hard you would have heard  "All Blacks "All Blacks" from some All Black supporters.

So if the Poms win at least we will get to enjoy their amazing passion

5 hours ago, bloke said:

I do not support The Poms  but I love their passion. Last year I went to Elland Road to watch my beloved Leeds. For the first 10 minutes the support was so loud if you wanted to talk to the person next to you he would not hear you. 20 minutes after the game the fans were still in the ground singing. 

In July last year I went to The All Blacks V Lions game at Wellington Stadium and that was like a wake compared with Elland Road. After about 60 minutes into the game if you listened hard you would have heard  "All Blacks "All Blacks" from some All Black supporters.

So if the Poms win at least we will get to enjoy their amazing passion

And never hear the end of it Blokey......:rolleyes:

That's true tribalism for you...go to any serious Club and the passion is there and been there for years and is passed down.

Hoping to get back to Molineux this season to see us in the Premier League....and hear some serious noise.....;)