RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

World Cup Soccer 2018

While not a ardent football fan, some of these games have had there fair share of drama. And the goals...... I feel for the poor old Goalie's the way the strikers can make that ball dip and dive. All in all you can't deny it's a great sporting event.

It has been one of the better World Cups in recent times...notable before the start that powerhouses like Italy and Holland didn't even qualify.....the unpredictable results have just added to the drama, particularly Germany going out to South Korea....!!

The Poms are getting excited now Spain are out, and if they can beat Colombia tomorrow, may go all the way. The other side of the draw is much tougher now Brazil have to play Belgium, who were impressive again today, then likely a Semi against France to make it through.

Brilliant viewing though....bring it on.....;)

30 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Overall i think England can be pretty pleased making the semi final.Soccer is a world sport and qualifying for the final 32 is tough enough,just ask the Dutch and the Italians.

That's the silver lining is it Crusty...?? They were lucky with the draw. Would have been gone before now otherwise.

25 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Well they have had shit draws before and the hand of god.Now and again you are gunna strike a good draw.They did well.

Its not like the RWC where basically only 3/4 teams can win.

Like the domestic  Cup comps a draw comes out play the 11 in front of you , all this easy draw this and that . What would some people have England do,  phone fifa say hey old chaps swap us into Brazil game instead playing  Swedes. How  about Rekindlings owner phoning Racing Victoria last year maybe , hey hes quite good bung us an extra kilo. Totally agree with comments hand of God , shootout loses , England have well paid back for "that" goal in 66. Not poms fault didn't play Germany or Spain they weren't there anymore, thats their fault.They done very well, lasted to last four out of 200 that started 3 years back.Croatia were the better side this morning hard to argue they were not and after two lots of 120 mins they gutsed  it out with not a little creative guile and decent goals, good on them. Poms under 17 and under 20 World Champs,  won big French end season age group comp last two years and in Gareth  Southgate have a manger who's all class so future bright. Poms reached on or near their level at the moment IMHO. 

I've borrowed  from my  kids piggy banks,  mortgaged the house , hocked the cars and put up my 5 buck win ticket on Surrey at 26 bucks this year's Melbourne cup as collateral and rolled it into France for Monday morning. Cannot see any other result, same applied if Poms had made it as would be hard to see them downing that French side. Football being football Giroud will bob up with a goal.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:57 AM, Red Rum said:

Like the domestic  Cup comps a draw comes out play the 11 in front of you , all this easy draw this and that . What would some people have England do,  phone fifa say hey old chaps swap us into Brazil game instead playing  Swedes. How  about Rekindlings owner phoning Racing Victoria last year maybe , hey hes quite good bung us an extra kilo. Totally agree with comments hand of God , shootout loses , England have well paid back for "that" goal in 66. Not poms fault didn't play Germany or Spain they weren't there anymore, thats their fault.They done very well, lasted to last four out of 200 that started 3 years back.Croatia were the better side this morning hard to argue they were not and after two lots of 120 mins they gutsed  it out with not a little creative guile and decent goals, good on them. Poms under 17 and under 20 World Champs,  won big French end season age group comp last two years and in Gareth  Southgate have a manger who's all class so future bright. Poms reached on or near their level at the moment IMHO. 

I've borrowed  from my  kids piggy banks,  mortgaged the house , hocked the cars and put up my 5 buck win ticket on Surrey at 26 bucks this year's Melbourne cup as collateral and rolled it into France for Monday morning. Cannot see any other result, same applied if Poms had made it as would be hard to see them downing that French side. Football being football Giroud will bob up with a goal.

Lost as expected to Belgium....overrated bunch in my view.

And taking $26 for Surrey....you been on the Rum Red....??! Should be 250-1. Will be lucky to make the field.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Who overated them,the press or supporters i don't think so.

Nobody gave them any chance so to finish 4 at that level of competition is pretty good.

Don't think the fans will be rioting.

All this "heroes" bullshit Crusty....they were very lucky to get so far, and as soon as they played a decent side, what happened ?

Belgium showed them up again today. You want to see some of the after match comments on You Tube......:o

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Lost as expected to Belgium....overrated bunch in my view.

And taking $26 for Surrey....you been on the Rum Red....??! Should be 250-1. Will be lucky to make the field.....:rolleyes:

Nah OM taking the p### about TAB offering that price Surrey,  started thread on it last week. It's ridiculous ,I think it's pushed out now but agree it's 250 at best.

England poor today , yep not at level Belgium France at moment IMHO . Good on Kane he has to slot them and glad as he seems decent bloke  but not  a golden boot winner to go down in legend , but as  a pom 4 th was  better than I  expected.

19 minutes ago, bloke said:

Its been a great Tournament. What are your thoughts on the VAR?   

Gets a bit too involved at times Blokey, just like the Rugby. Football has been going for over 100 years with a referee and linesmen, should stay that way. The goal line technology is good though, saves a lot of dramas and arguments later......;)

11 hours ago, bloke said:

Its been a great Tournament. What are your thoughts on the VAR?   

11 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Gets a bit too involved at times Blokey, just like the Rugby. Football has been going for over 100 years with a referee and linesmen, should stay that way. The goal line technology is good though, saves a lot of dramas and arguments later......;)

Had a big say this morning , iam not sure about it I tend to be with OM with this. Goal line tech to clear up crosses line or not great  . Something like this morning it's back to ref determination and maybe his gut feeling in real time better. Iam not really sure pen or not today  but if pushed I'd go with rough on Croatia but pen correct,  arm not in unnatural position , didn't appear to move towards ball however stopped it going across goal maybe into the covering defender in behind him into net or keeper fumbles and scraps picked  up by French. But iam then into the ifs and buts spiral. As a supporter though iam comfortable best team lifted trophy on whole tournament.

I've heard someone on radio good few years back  ( think it was Miles Davis ). Guts of it was tough unfair decisions in sport teaches  you something about real life  , life's not fair all the time you got to move on  .I've used version of that in  kids sport from time to time when something costs team in this manner you either get on with it and try harder or give up and you don't wanna sit home next Saturday morning when your teamates are having fun  winning next week.. I have used that in kids sport since then. Seems to work.