RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mattski

Brian DL's Informant Article $1.0m disgrace

If you'd suggested 10 years ago that I would now be betting and watching 100 times more on golf and rugby than NZ racing, I'd have asked for some of what you were smoking. Sadly you are right. The racing codes have managed to turn a great wagering product to crap and rightly, the NZRB have turned the focus of their business to where the attractive product and the growth is. Fortunately for racing, they still get some benefit from that but it probably shouldn't be so and likely won't be so for much longer.

17 hours ago, Leggy said:

If you'd suggested 10 years ago that I would now be betting and watching 100 times more on golf and rugby than NZ racing, I'd have asked for some of what you were smoking. Sadly you are right. The racing codes have managed to turn a great wagering product to crap and rightly, the NZRB have turned the focus of their business to where the attractive product and the growth is. Fortunately for racing, they still get some benefit from that but it probably shouldn't be so and likely won't be so for much longer.

Two things Messara must put in his report are:

1. Allow clubs to run their own betting pools with or without the TAB's cooperation.

2. Allow clubs to use products and services as prizes with their own betting marketing schemes.

Currently there are a few hindrances in both the Gambling and Racing acts.