RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Latrobe Irish Derby /Melbourne Cup Double?

Latrobe won Irish Derby overnight for Lloyd Williams . Trained by Joseph OBRIEN.  Interestly after the Irish pundits discussed the Melbourne Cup and didn't completely dismiss it . I would have thought the Leger in Sept , Arc or Breeders Cup would be most likely targets as the normal route for Irish Derby winner .However Rekindling got in at 51.5 kgs , owner might decide to do something different and throw in a entry. Only guessing but as a northern 3 year old Irish Derby winner maybe 54 kgs ?. Should stay well enough by Camelot , and with that weight would be a very live chance.I would be interested on others  thoughts on a weight that might be given to Latrobe. The race is on you tube.

5 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

If a horse which took five 2400 metre maiden races to get its first win can be favourite for the Melbourne Cup.

Withold.  He looks like a plodder to me.  HIs sire has produced some good jumpers, though.

Optimists those Poms TN.....:rolleyes:

Withhold a Juddmonte cast off but went from Charlie Hills to Roger Charlton (a trainer with many successful  Juddmonte owned horses over the years) after sale . He cost 170k guineas ( approx 400k nzd) at  Tatts HIT sale so Roger Charlton and his owner must have known there's an engine in there. Khalid Abdullah has taken hard-nosed approach and seems to be culling his string if not top end or near to. Harlem and Foreteller a couple of decent cast offs and Lloyd Williams now has Midterm a one time Derby favorite from 2016. Roger Charlton won the Cesarewitch  a big traditional end season handicap with him beating 33 others including some handy stayers over 3600 metres around one  bend up Newmarket straight in October,  then first up Saturday in "Pitmans Derby " over 3200 .A pretty handy bit of training. Nakeeta 5th in last year's cup beating best stayers we got down our side world bar pom import Big Duke had benefit of run but was beaten pointless by Withhold Saturday so not a bad plodder.  Agree tho I wouldn't take too skinny price for November.All weather Saturday but clearly turf no issue for horse and easy lead helped.

This time year with average racing it's great knowing only 8 weeks or so and the good ones start coming back. From UK perspective iam keeping an eye on Rare Rhythm for Charlie Appleby and Magic Circle same owner as Mount Athos.A few good pointers coming up in UK and France next 6 or so weeks.