RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Betting man

Ring the bell

9 hours ago, Alison said:

Talking with Ray last week he won’t be standing at stud

No matter were he goes he deserves a great retirement...were would distance racing with out him....congrats to all who have been part of him including thayne green who has been in the background but he was at his place for both collars ..enjoy your retirement and I would think stayer of the year title..

Shame he deserves a go but being realistic he would be lucky to get more than a few bitches. That is not a derogatory statement but  a fact of standing a stud dog in NZ . With the assoc about to have a super sale of remaining straws it is also a bad time.

While on the topic of Ring the Bell what a strange spectacle last nights final was. Who would have thought the Bell would have failed to run it out in his current form. Alright he is at an age where he had no right to be still going as he was but his recent runs were right up there and it was sad to see him battle the last bit. What happened to Dusty? He cam e out like a drunken sailor and I thought  for while he must have broken down in some way. He was that far behind most of the way he was out of the screen shot. I nearly shot myself when he appeared again the last bit going like a steam train. One of the best runs I have seen by a stayer for a long time

As well as not getting the lead from A Bale, RTB did get a fair bump and I think he just thought That's it for tonight. He retires as a wonderful competitor, fully deserving to be the Stayer Of The Year.

Dusty's  finish was certainly outstanding. That 8 box was no help at all.

Craig deserves full credit for having AB at the top of his game and a spot-on run from Translator as well. 

Another fine staying race but why did we have to go almost immediately to watch horses in the stables at A Park? Nearly 6 minutes lead-in! Some time later we got a little of the after-match but I never did see the actual presentation.

Group 1 race, second richest race for greyhounds in NZ. The code, the greyhounds, their handlers and winning connections deserved better.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:57 AM, GOM said:

While on the topic of Ring the Bell what a strange spectacle last nights final was. Who would have thought the Bell would have failed to run it out in his current form. Alright he is at an age where he had no right to be still going as he was but his recent runs were right up there and it was sad to see him battle the last bit. What happened to Dusty? He cam e out like a drunken sailor and I thought  for while he must have broken down in some way. He was that far behind most of the way he was out of the screen shot. I nearly shot myself when he appeared again the last bit going like a steam train. One of the best runs I have seen by a stayer for a long time

FUNNIEST POST EVER 

Obviously an error in my piece above.

Watching Dogzone tonight I suddenly realised what I had written. No, the NZ Stayers' Cup is not the second richest race for greyhounds in NZ. That honour belonged to the Silver Collar the last time I saw a comprehensive list.