RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

And this bloke will save the Industry.....???

15 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

You would like to think so,  R.R....but past experience suggests probably not.

Tour the world part RR got right, find anything? nah, history repeats remember.

Given that Peters has already signalled the cost will come out of this Regional Slush Billions he has wangled out of the pathetic Labour mob, and that local Clubs will need to " make their own contributions", surely there is an opportunity for a Club, or Clubs, to get organised and put proposals together for consideration.....being pro-active in other words....a difficult concept for some to grasp I know.

Those who get off their arses will reap the rewards.

31 minutes ago, uneasy said:

How many clubs or a combination of clubs will be able to contribute towards and maintain an AW track

Hewy your reply is duey or have you flushed it down the luey 

The Clubs aren't paying for the track Pitty...Peters slush fund is. Infrastructure would be their main cost, along with maintenance.

Until someone decides what type of track they are building, there are plenty of intangibles around costs. The other unknown is whether these tracks will actually increase betting revenue to offset any expenditure. 

About time some Clubs started looking to the future rather than wallowing in the past.

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

How many clubs or a combination of clubs will be able to contribute towards and maintain an AW track

Hewy your reply is duey or have you flushed it down the luey 

Easy Peasy Uneasy don't won't you to get all lemon squeezy on me, many a man has made a mistake by just jumping in and not looking at the alternatives/options, hopefully for NZracing sake they have a good look at the options instead of just trying to pleasy mr Uneasy.

Looking at surfaces, Newcastle latest to go AW in UK went to master trainer Micheal Dickenson's invention   Tapeta , Woodbine and Wolverhampton both ripped up Polytrack and went to Tapeta. Meydan ripped up Tapeta and went back to dirt but think that was to get the Yanks back over to compete  as they seem to have gone back to good old dirt in the main after experimenting with AW at Santa Anita. It gave the Euros too much advantage in their Breeders Cup Classic.Must be versatile surface when it's used in Canada's winter and been used in the desert for few years. Devonport uses it as well.

Myriad of choices for industry and obviously all companies reckon they have the best.

Do you really think 3 all weather tracks are warrented. In winter the horse number do drop off and most of the fields are smaller.  I know we do have cancelled meeting but are you saying if an all weather track had 130ml of rain the day before racing that it wouldnt be  affected.  3 all weather tracks are alot of money and I  myself think that perhaps an investment into some of the smaller  clubs (that are struggling)  to get a better racing surface and more money invested into states would be a better benefit that 3 all weather tracks. Why not start with one and see how it goes.  If it is going to take investment from clubs for construction and up keep how is that going to affect the clubs that arent racing on it and not getting a return from the meeting or are they going to get a percentage because they have lsot their race meeting to the all weather. Will our smaller clubs just die away. Going to be very intersting to see what transpires

Strathayr doesn't suit everywhere, it's good, but the nylon cushion/underlay doesn't respond well to NZ type conditions. I remember when Lee Freedman mooted it, he was first cab off the rank here in Oz, Moonee Valley, laid it, boy did they have some early teething problems, I don't believe it's true all weather track.

NZ needs tracks like Southwell and Lingfield, just as Red Rum suggested, where you get snow, the strath is useless, looking at the training grounds at Newmarket, the doyen of training grounds world wide the Al Bahathri is the most utilised, 9 furlong uphill poly track. It was recently refurbed!

In all reality the head of NZ Trainers assoc plus maybe one other selected industry professional should go, look, and come back with their selection, and the reasons therefore......even the leading Jockey.......for Gods sake, keep the suits at Petone well away, leave it to the coal face participants, after all, it is they that will live and die by their efforts, and achievements. The UK and Ireland is the place to go, it's similar to NZ climate wise, and we need to respect their wisdom. IMO.

Earlier this year the weather was so bad the advice from UK government was that the weather was so cold and snow that bad that people were advised to stay home. Even premier league darts was canned for one event as organisers decided it was unsafe for people to be out (boozed up darts fans keeling over and freezing solid outside Exeter events centre not a good look,) However Southwell or as LZ quite correctly pronounced it " Suth-All" still raced ( Some criticised decision to race), fibresand was completely fine. Cannot recall a time AWT off over there from rain, odd occasion I think was the general surrounding area being deemed too dangerous to travel through snow drifts and the like.They turn very  top layer over during the night on nights temperature goes way below , that's my understanding to stop it freezing into clumps.

Ahh ooh.....I smell a concoction of Pommy and Oz brew being cooked up.

Very clever Rumbo. 

As the number one Snake Oil Salesman for the company that provides the AW surfaces, I congratulate you and your not so sassy assistant Unzip Me Anytime for A GoodTime, you think you can slip in the back door to influence NZ punters thinking.

Well I have bad news for you Rumsnake.

There won't be any new artificial racetracks built in NZ anytime soon. None, nil, fark all, zero, zilch.

Why you may well ask in frustration, after such a well planned, mostly accurate and sometimes informative, reasonably articulate but slightly sleezy  none the less programmed intention by you and your Aussie sidekick?

Well the answer is simple .......Simon.

This miserable motley crew of brain dead uneducated all weather imitation of a wax head gummint headed by an all time leading fark wit with an whisky soaked skull, won't be there long enough to see it through.

image.jpg

50 minutes ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Very clever Rumbo. 

As the number one Snake Oil Salesman for the company that provides the AW surfaces, I congratulate you and your not so sassy assistant Unzip Me Anytime for A GoodTime, you think you can slip in the back door to influence NZ punters thinking.

There won't be any new artificial racetracks built in NZ anytime soon. None, nil, fark all, zero, zilch.

Why you may well ask in frustration, after such a well planned, mostly accurate and sometimes informative, reasonably articulate but slightly sleezy  none the less programmed intention by you and your Aussie sidekick?

This miserable motley crew of brain dead uneducated all weather imitation of a wax head gummint headed by an all time leading fark wit with an whisky soaked skull, won't be there long enough to see it through.

image.jpg

Great work TDC,  I read one of your posts on the harness site and it was a work of art , it was a cracker. You've got me Dice man my cloak can come off , I  have a small  polytrack in my backyard here in the mainland , tight cambered bend  circuit of 10 metres , short straight and i am the nz rep, I've  been undercover waiting to pop out for 18 years. Now finally the moment arrives and I would have got away with it without you pesky dice man. My kids guinea pigs go well on my mini polytrack , but think the cat will go better on tapeta .

13 hours ago, army said:

Do you really think 3 all weather tracks are warrented. In winter the horse number do drop off and most of the fields are smaller.  I know we do have cancelled meeting but are you saying if an all weather track had 130ml of rain the day before racing that it wouldnt be  affected.  3 all weather tracks are alot of money and I  myself think that perhaps an investment into some of the smaller  clubs (that are struggling)  to get a better racing surface and more money invested into states would be a better benefit that 3 all weather tracks. Why not start with one and see how it goes.  If it is going to take investment from clubs for construction and up keep how is that going to affect the clubs that arent racing on it and not getting a return from the meeting or are they going to get a percentage because they have lsot their race meeting to the all weather. Will our smaller clubs just die away. Going to be very intersting to see what transpires

Unfortunately for many smaller clubs this will be the nail in the coffin, race dates taken, horse numbers will dwindle if they are lucky they'll remain as training centres.

12 hours ago, La Zip said:

Strathayr doesn't suit everywhere, it's good, but the nylon cushion/underlay doesn't respond well to NZ type conditions. I remember when Lee Freedman mooted it, he was first cab off the rank here in Oz, Moonee Valley, laid it, boy did they have some early teething problems, I don't believe it's true all weather track.

NZ needs tracks like Southwell and Lingfield, just as Red Rum suggested, where you get snow, the strath is useless, looking at the training grounds at Newmarket, the doyen of training grounds world wide the Al Bahathri is the most utilised, 9 furlong uphill poly track. It was recently refurbed!

In all reality the head of NZ Trainers assoc plus maybe one other selected industry professional should go, look, and come back with their selection, and the reasons therefore......even the leading Jockey.......for Gods sake, keep the suits at Petone well away, leave it to the coal face participants, after all, it is they that will live and die by their efforts, and achievements. The UK and Ireland is the place to go, it's similar to NZ climate wise, and we need to respect their wisdom. IMO.

Bring on the Strathayr the Lingfield and Southwell don't look any different to the Aussie AW or the yankee models and they are bring boring to new levels on those surfaces.

1 hour ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Very clever Rumbo. 

image.jpg

I'll be surprised if Simon lasts too long either TDC....even with a gift horse wrapped with a ribbon in front of him.....;)

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Unfortunately for many smaller clubs this will be the nail in the coffin, race dates taken, horse numbers will dwindle if they are lucky they'll remain as training centres.

Thats correct smaller clubs will disappear. I believe they need to have a good look and do some homework though before they put in 3 wet weather tracks. The things they need to consider in my opinion are

Number of cancellations in winter.   Horse numbers in winter which effects betting as fields are smaller so less in take from TAB  If smaller clubs disappear and we all know horse numbers do drop off in winter.  How much of lost revenue from sponsorship will disappear because a small town business will not sponsor in a main area (as no gain for them).  Will they still get the people on course for smaller industry days or will this decline because travelling and time can be an issue in certain cases.  

Will people want to race on the track in winter. I dont know much about these all lweathers but does the wet and the dry affect the track or does it stay the same all year round.  If it stays the same people arent going to race their horse all year round and what happens to winter gallopers.

Its so easy to say move racing the the main areas where the population is but can you be assured that the population will attend all meetings especially if they are on a very regular basis.