RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hound Fan

Re opening noms today

Schedule says 4.30 start...night meeting....I cant nom for night racing simply because I have to many dogs to leave for 8hrs to go racing...day time no problem because I'm home to feed them after the races....after a complaint nzgra did the right decision to reopen moms  ...they blamed themselfs which is honorable ....but  come on are you telling me the auckland club didn't see this???????....come on....good on grnz ..poor from auckland..

Just now, Hound Fan said:

Schedule says 4.30 start...night meeting....I cant nom for night racing simply because I have to many dogs to leave for 8hrs to go racing...day time no problem because I'm home to feed them after the races....after a complaint nzgra did the right decision to reopen moms  ...they blamed themselfs which is honorable ....but  come on are you telling me the auckland club didn't see this???????....come on....good on grnz ..poor from auckland..

And sorry I blame auckland because they control cambridge

There are dogs that were in that are now reserves. Karen had a dog in the heats of the NZ series with the form 11 now has two in with other's form 111 . The whole thing is not right. 

Steve you say you blame Auckland because they CONTROL Waikato , would you not think one of the Waikato staff that had to work on the night let alone the president who had dogs entered, have an idea what was going on. Wayne were you one of the trainers that entered more after the initial fields were published?

Modest Mouse - It didn't take a whole day it took less than a couple of hours, after fields were released, to make the decison and notify participants by email text etc. Fields were out about 3.30pm and I received emails and texts by 5.15pm  

In all honesty when these situations occur it's very difficult to allow only certain trainers to nominate once the noms were re-opened as each person could be affected differently by the meeting being day or night for many different reasons. For example I know of one trainer who was limited to only putting a couple in for the night meeting because of a previous family engagement so was relying on friends to get the dogs to the track and handle them etc. Being a day meeting said trainer had no problems attending and nominating most of the team. Is it wrong for that trainer to nominate. Also fairly certain Karen Walsh had the same two dogs in the original three NZ Novice heats so no change there. I'm sure there were two heats with eight dogs and one with seven now there's three heats of eight so the only extra dog looks to be one of hound fan's. 

On 26/06/2018 at 0:19 PM, GOM said:

There are dogs that were in that are now reserves. Karen had a dog in the heats of the NZ series with the form 11 now has two in with other's form 111 . The whole thing is not right. 

Steve you say you blame Auckland because they CONTROL Waikato , would you not think one of the Waikato staff that had to work on the night let alone the president who had dogs entered, have an idea what was going on. Wayne were you one of the trainers that entered more after the initial fields were published?

Mike..agree 100per cent...association have taken the fall for the mistake but I'm sure there would be others who could of redirected the problem...does no club check there schedule?...and yes you got my pun about waikato being run from auckland...lol

GOM how do you police this, I was once in a syndicate of a dog that had bad eye sight (can’t remember what it was called) so the trainer was careful to only race her in the day time, under your suggestion she not be nominated when the time changed due to the trainer having already nominated other dogs for the meeting?

If the Noms are reopened in any code then it’s only fair that they are opened for one and all - who are you to try to name and shame when no one is doing anything wrong!

You are right Flabby that Walsh didn’t add any dogs to the heats, I know this because they advertised which races were redrawn and those two heats weren’t! 

Hmmm, I was advised wrongly about Karens dog it seems and I will apologise to her for that at the races today. 

The blind dog is just about irrelevant as it is a chance in several thousands and affected only one dog.

Interesting to hear they didn't redraw some of the fields, sounds unbelievable. Were the noms reopened for only some of the races? Surely a redraw is a redraw. Mind you the way GRNZ introduce rules to suit their agend's it would not be surprising.

It would depend: For example if there were only 6 more noms and they were two maidens over 375, two C2's over 457, one C5 375 and one more for the NZ racing series which already had three heats and only one with a vacancy then possibly only four races would be affected therefor there would be no need to redraw any of the remaining races.  

13 minutes ago, Flabbergasted said:

It would depend: For example if there were only 6 more noms and they were two maidens over 375, two C2's over 457, one C5 375 and one more for the NZ racing series which already had three heats and only one with a vacancy then possibly only four races would be affected therefor there would be no need to redraw any of the remaining races.  

I do see where Mike is coming from...the meeting was scheduled wrong ..so noms were reopened because of this and if done correctly all fields should have been redrawn after the new closing time....effectively the first draw was non invoid......but it doesn't matter now it's in the past

48 minutes ago, Flabbergasted said:

I think when noms are re-opened  all races are to be re-open not just a few races

I understand where you're coming from and yes they were re-opened but if certain races were going to remain unaffected then why would there be the need to redraw those races when the very same dogs were still going to contest them other than for the sake of doing a new box draw