RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

bet manipulation

Can anyone explain why a punter puts 2000 place on the tote early.Hashe or she npt heard of ff.? see race 9 at Alexandra Park with 40 cent return. on Seaswift joy.This happens on a regular basis but with the non cancellation rule it  does not make economic sense to me. by start time you may get 1.10 return but?? It seems to be 1 punter.

9 minutes ago, john legend said:

Can anyone explain why a punter puts 2000 place on the tote early.Hashe or she npt heard of ff.? see race 9 at Alexandra Park with 40 cent return. on Seaswift joy.This happens on a regular basis but with the non cancellation rule it  does not make economic sense to me. by start time you may get 1.10 return but?? It seems to be 1 punter.

May well be an "elite customer" claiming rebates on turnover. 

Not sure betting one early on the tote equates to manipulation. Perhaps their hope is that it will stop others from betting that horse for a place and then they get overs? 1.05 fixed odds obviously not very attractive either but probably not much risk....?

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

Not sure betting one early on the tote equates to manipulation. Perhaps their hope is that it will stop others from betting that horse for a place and then they get overs? 1.05 fixed odds obviously not very attractive either but probably not much risk....?

2 places on the tote and 3 on the fixed odds I believe. 

Question on this . Say for example place pool say at a midweek at Penrith is 5k and then someone sticks 20k on a 1.10 win fav for the place and drops it to say .70 cents. I know it gets made up to the dollar by other place divvys of other runners. But what happens if there is not enough in the pool? Where does the money come from ?

51 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Question on this . Say for example place pool say at a midweek at Penrith is 5k and then someone sticks 20k on a 1.10 win fav for the place and drops it to say .70 cents. I know it gets made up to the dollar by other place divvys of other runners. But what happens if there is not enough in the pool? Where does the money come from ?

...and the 8% rebate that the bigger gets back from the TAB?

I think they only offer fixed odds rebates on losses for month. Not a viable option for them to give straight rebates on fixes odds. Out of my league anyway. My turnover wouldn't even register a blip on their radar.