RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MiniJax

Amazing Chase

Give Mac a 'k" and he will feel a lot better.

Incidentally I don't think the various times posted have that much relevance. Experience at Hatrick will count for a lot. Bigtime Paddy? Or would he prefer to be waging war with 4 or 5 others, not just one? Cawbourne Krusty will almost certainly be giving Pinny Mack 2-4 lengths early. Can she run him down?

Lots more questions to be asked before being answered on Friday night. Name your winner.

11 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Well the northern dogs were really disappointing. Cant see Pinny Mack featuring only running 30.44. Same with Natures Gent. The southern dogs will be tough to beat. 

Big call. Some very good proven trial dogs running on the same track in similar time yesterday. Not sure the actual time frame on the day really matters.

11 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Well the northern dogs were really disappointing. Cant see Pinny Mack featuring only running 30.44. Same with Natures Gent. The southern dogs will be tough to beat. 

Wow Taylor you are so predictable...lol

3 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Can someone give me the break down on the money as there is 16000 that isnt acounted for 1st $24750 2nd $10340 3rd $6270 4th $2640

It dosent say if there is any money for 5th to 8th or the breeder

The winner of each race gets $3000 and the second place get $1000 which adds up to $1600. The winners get the additional prize money.

13 hours ago, Jay4 said:

Big call. Some very good proven trial dogs running on the same track in similar time yesterday. Not sure the actual time frame on the day really matters.

We all know dyna dave and dyna elwyn are a good 7 lengths ahead of Avenger Bale. Natures Gent and Pinny mack were within a length of him. As for Paddy, Paddy only goes 29.90 at best at wanganui. Hes a top dog but no where near the fastest around. My picks are Dyna Elwyn, Dyna Dave, and Paddy or Natures gent 3rd

On 7/24/2018 at 10:41 AM, Rules For Some said:

We all know dyna dave and dyna elwyn are a good 7 lengths ahead of Avenger Bale. Natures Gent and Pinny mack were within a length of him. As for Paddy, Paddy only goes 29.90 at best at wanganui. Hes a top dog but no where near the fastest around. My picks are Dyna Elwyn, Dyna Dave, and Paddy or Natures gent 3rd

I also have Dyna Elwyn as my top selection. I'm of the opinion Elwyn will punch up and hold Paddy out from crossing to the lead, if so then I'm confident Dyna Elwyn will win the Amazing Chase 2018 - Just my opinion. 

Good luck to all those involved :)

On 7/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Track Record said:

I also have Dyna Elwyn as my top selection. I'm of the opinion Elwyn will punch up and hold Paddy out from crossing to the lead, if so then I'm confident Dyna Elwyn will win the Amazing Chase 2018 - Just my opinion. 

Good luck to all those involved :)

Congratulations to Bigtime Paddy and connections for an empathic win tonight in the 2018 version of the Amazing Chase 

1 hour ago, Track Record said:

Congratulations to Bigtime Paddy and connections for an empathic win tonight in the 2018 version of the Amazing Chase 

Yes Paddy is a very good dog he’s raced every week and twice a week more often than not which is a big ask and he keeps winning this should clinch Greyhound of the year 

19 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Yes Paddy is a very good dog he’s raced every week and twice a week more often than not which is a big ask and he keeps winning this should clinch Greyhound of the year 

Have to agree about Greyhound of the Year .

He has been a consistent dog all the way through the season.

Winning the most races, most stakes, 2 group 1s and now the amazing chase. 

An incredible animal who has also only been out of the money a handful of times the past 12 months.

I'd certainly like a Paddy in my kennels.

2 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Penny Mack should not have been in the race and he fall's out of the boxes. What karma :lol:

What a stupid thing to say. Regardless of our opinions on the matter. The powers to be have allowed this dog to start and for your chances to be squashed at box rise is disappointing for connections. 

What a great run though to clock 30.60 odd after basically coming to a complete stop to pick himself up off the canvas. Be interesting to see how Pinny Mac progresses through the feature races next season. 

18 minutes ago, mmmyb said:

Have to agree about Greyhound of the Year .

He has been a consistent dog all the way through the season.

Winning the most races, most stakes, 2 group 1s and now the amazing chase. 

An incredible animal who has also only been out of the money a handful of times the past 12 months.

I'd certainly like a Paddy in my kennels.

What a stupid thing to say. Regardless of our opinions on the matter. The powers to be have allowed this dog to start and for your chances to be squashed at box rise is disappointing for connections. 

What a great run though to clock 30.60 odd after basically coming to a complete stop to pick himself up off the canvas. Be interesting to see how Pinny Mac progresses through the feature races next season. 

Rules were broken, everyone's in agreement apart from the JCA, connections and the imbecile who gave the connections bad advice to begin with. An absolute disaster. Good to see karma strikes as the dog should not have been in their to begin with. The decision made here goes against the whole reason that rule was made (which all the people who made the rule seem to agree). Questions need to be asked. this was a failure of the JCA system.

Re paddy, isnt he a tough dog. He just keeps on giving every week. 

It was a superb performance from Bigtime Paddy. Congratulations to all involved. 

Nature's Gent was an excellent runner-up and it was good to see Cawbourne Krusty showing up so well.

Pinny Mack was unlucky. 

Avenger Bale was a very worthy winner of the Consolation and was at surprisingly good odds. It is a given that the first reserve in a Final is a must-bet if lined up on the same card as the Final. No. they do not always win but they must be given due consideration and the returns are often very good.

Rules were broken, everyone's in agreement apart from the JCA, connections and the imbecile who gave the connections bad advice to begin with. An absolute disaster. Good to see karma strikes as the dog should not have been in their to begin with. The decision made here goes against the whole reason that rule was made (which all the people who made the rule seem to agree). Questions need to be asked. this was a failure of the JCA system.

Re paddy, isnt he a tough dog. He just keeps on giving every week. 

Who’s is this twat? Mate if you don’t like what the governing body says, go find something else to do mate with your life mate. You might actually get somewhere possibly. Great run from paddy. No matter what is going on, hands down, he is the king of hatrick at the moment, no arguments. Nature’s gent was a great run as expected considering he walks out in 8 dog fields and gets into trouble and a two dog race is right up his alley and krusty was a great run as well. All the others will have their day and pinny Mack showed exceptional speed after stumbling out thank god for all place getters because he showed incredible speed.the dyna dogs will have their day, but clearly aren’t 7 lengths faster than the good dogs up north like you suggested. To all the people who paid the entry fee. Great work, this game desperately needs positives in the general public and giving to charity is certainly on,  no matter if you think the race is a waste of funds. This game unfortunately is on borrowed time, because the attitude of some participants just don’t change.

7 hours ago, Jay4 said:

Who’s is this twat? Mate if you don’t like what the governing body says, go find something else to do mate with your life mate. You might actually get somewhere possibly. Great run from paddy. No matter what is going on, hands down, he is the king of hatrick at the moment, no arguments. Nature’s gent was a great run as expected considering he walks out in 8 dog fields and gets into trouble and a two dog race is right up his alley and krusty was a great run as well. All the others will have their day and pinny Mack showed exceptional speed after stumbling out thank god for all place getters because he showed incredible speed.the dyna dogs will have their day, but clearly aren’t 7 lengths faster than the good dogs up north like you suggested. To all the people who paid the entry fee. Great work, this game desperately needs positives in the general public and giving to charity is certainly on,  no matter if you think the race is a waste of funds. This game unfortunately is on borrowed time, because the attitude of some participants just don’t change.

Just because they have said something does not make it right. This is one of those cases. On the decision made here, it would be fine for me to nom an unqualified dog or a dog who has been stood down to race on monday to race thursday and qualify it on a tuesday.

Just because they have said something does not make it right. This is one of those cases. On the decision made here, it would be fine for me to nom an unqualified dog or a dog who has been stood down to race on monday to race thursday and qualify it on a tuesday.

I can see why the industry in NZ is 20 years behind Australia with cowboy decisions like this

You are a idiot and i say scooby will be looking close at your coments 

You are getting close to stepping over the line...cheers.

I do not know if Rules For Some has read the very comprehensive report on the JCA website concerning the eligibility of Pinny Mack under the heading Non Race Day Hearings. If not, I recommend it, if only to demonstrate that the comment that "this is a failure of the JCA system" is incorrect.

The finding is summed up quite succinctly in these words: Policy and rules together confirm that eligibility is dependent on registration in NZ. Pinny Mack was registered in NZ on 15 June 2018. We therefore rule that Pinny Mack is eligible to compete in the Amazing Chase.

That one disagrees with this finding is not grounds for stating that "this is a failure of the JCA system".

9 hours ago, Jape said:

I do not know if Rules For Some has read the very comprehensive report on the JCA website concerning the eligibility of Pinny Mack under the heading Non Race Day Hearings. If not, I recommend it, if only to demonstrate that the comment that "this is a failure of the JCA system" is incorrect.

The finding is summed up quite succinctly in these words: Policy and rules together confirm that eligibility is dependent on registration in NZ. Pinny Mack was registered in NZ on 15 June 2018. We therefore rule that Pinny Mack is eligible to compete in the Amazing Chase.

That one disagrees with this finding is not grounds for stating that "this is a failure of the JCA system".

as  A MATTER OF INTEREST JAPE IF I WAS TO BRING A BROOD BITCH in from aust and i registered it does it mean it it is eligible to race can you point me to the rule the jca used

I think the Chase has its merits. It has the potential to be a great event. However, the format needs to be tweaked, and the eligibility criteria should not have been open to interpretation. The fact that eligibility could be argued was an unwelcome distraction. The ruling rankled many but fault does not lie with the connections who took their case to appeal. Too many people believed they had the right to set trial conditions in one area, and I question the equity of the current trial format. Too many variables exist. I was traveling when the Chase races were run. I listened to the races on Trackside radio. Not once did the commentators mention the charity benefiting from the event. I asked a few participants who the associated charity was, most had no clue. Like I said the Chase has merit, but the powers that be need to get their act together before the event heads south. Congrats to all finalists.