RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MiniJax

Amazing Chase

3 hours ago, Betting man said:

Seems to me you are the only one that does not understand the wording.

The important part is “eligible to race at 20th June”

If they are going to allow this dog to run then GRNZ needs to reopen Noms for all the other dogs that could have nominated to your interpretation of the rule.

p.s You keep mentioning Riding shotgun - although I can’t work out why - he was correctly qualified at the time of nomination closing!! 

No he wasn't...he was a maiden and grnz rules were clear...invitation  races and group races are c1 and above..and last year the amazing chase was a invitation race....last I say about it...its with the jca now..

On 08/07/2018 at 9:15 AM, bus stop said:

Clarkie send your share wisely!!!!!!!!!

Haha...to late enjoying the freedom....new van ..new car...and new 30acre  block of land...you only live once and I will never die wondering..lol

Why nothing from NZGRA about the withdrawal ? Slack very very slack , and if this was there stuff up and going on what Steve has said on here then it is, egg on their face what a disgrace for such a big race . 

15 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

No he wasn't...he was a maiden and grnz rules were clear...invitation  races and group races are c1 and above..and last year the amazing chase was a invitation race....last I say about it...its with the jca now..

1) The amazing chase was neither an invitation or a group race 2) there was no clause in the amazing chase last year stopping maidens from entering the series. That was introduced this year due to the race being penalty free and maidens having to go up a grade first run. In other words, the rules are different (I also noticed that this year, there is no limit on the amount of trials a dog can have in the rules).

I had a dog come in from Australia that was not allowed in because it would not have been re-qualified by the 20th June, Yet they let your dog in? What a bloody joke. Rules for some and rules for others i guess aye? If this dog is allowed to start, they need to reopen all nom's for the Amazing Chase as I know of atleast one other person who was in the same predicament as I was. Ive spoken to Mr. Whiterod and Mr Gober about this and they couldn't believe the clubs and NZGRA allowed this happen. And these are the same people we are trusting to handle our stakes from next year? FFS. 

1 hour ago, Rules For Some said:

1) The amazing chase was neither an invitation or a group race 2) there was no clause in the amazing chase last year stopping maidens from entering the series. That was introduced this year due to the race being penalty free and maidens having to go up a grade first run. In other words, the rules are different (I also noticed that this year, there is no limit on the amount of trials a dog can have in the rules).

I had a dog come in from Australia that was not allowed in because it would not have been re-qualified by the 20th June, Yet they let your dog in? What a bloody joke. Rules for some and rules for others i guess aye? If this dog is allowed to start, they need to reopen all nom's for the Amazing Chase as I know of atleast one other person who was in the same predicament as I was. Ive spoken to Mr. Whiterod and Mr Gober about this and they couldn't believe the clubs and NZGRA allowed this happen. And these are the same people we are trusting to handle our stakes from next year? FFS. 

Absolutely crazy stuff. Surely someone from the ass should address this publicly, there is little trust in them already without leaving this to fester

On 7/10/2018 at 9:48 PM, MiniJax said:

I know. That’s why I said Trial not an amazing chase trial time. Anyways if it was it would be in the final.

As long as the track holds up (weather) on Sunday Ridin Shotgun will have the fastest qualifying time from Auckland and will then go on to win the amazing chase. 

I think Dusty Gambler could clock a pretty quick time on his own but I think the Craig Roberts team will have the wood on him - they don’t break the Addington track record every day!!

Luckily the races are called off today at Auckland, I can’t imagine any dog could be expected to run a decent time in the weather they are experiencing up there!

2 hours ago, bus stop said:

Pinny Mac cleared to start in Amazing Chase.

I disagree with this decision but i guess its final. So will the nom's now be reopened for those that were led to believe your dog had to be qualified to enter the race? Will they allow more time for this dog to be given so that he can qualify? As having one trial seems unfair. Rang the office and they were dodging questions as per normal and blamed others or say its someone else's responsibility.

One can just about guarantee the nzgra will appeal the decision everytime some one beats them the siren goes. the track record at manukau is in great danger of being broken on Sunday with all the "red hot guns " of Craigs arriving for their auckland amazing chase trial. hope the track is fast.

2 hours ago, yorky said:

One can just about guarantee the nzgra will appeal the decision everytime some one beats them the siren goes. the track record at manukau is in great danger of being broken on Sunday with all the "red hot guns " of Craigs arriving for their auckland amazing chase trial. hope the track is fast.

Are they coming up?

The Final

Race 1  Dyna Weslyn  v  Dyna Dave                                             Race 2  Pinny Mac  v  Cawbourne Krusty

Race 3  Dyna Elwyn  v  Bigtime Paddy                                        Race 4  Ask King Jeff  v  Nature's Gent

Reserves Avenger Bale and Bigtime Tears

In each case the first-named jumps from box 1 and the other dog from box 3.