RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Now for some positives, should get 10 views

Bl**dy ridiculous!!! What are we paying Petone to do exactly??  Could someone not have at least turned up and put a human face on what we do??
Those images will burn in peoples minds. No wonder people get the wrong b***dy idea.

How do you undo a mess like that??

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Not a great story on TV 3 News tonight. 24 dogs euthanased in the last six months.....??

Thanks for the info Hoka any idea how many horses euthanized in the same period. Betcha it's over double that

A shame a positive post now has a negative taint to it.

It simply isn’t good enough GRNZ didn’t front the article, offering statements is not good enough. Go and get some PR advice, because what you are doing is crap.

We have two 12 year old dogs that are starting to get to the stage where they are not in the best of health. Eventually the law says I may have to euthanise them whether I like it or not. I have had an instance before when I took a dog for treatment for cancer and the vet told me if I persisted it would be a case for the SPCA.

When that day does come two more will be on the list and that is life but add all the similar cases at the time to a document and all of a sudden someone can build a negative story out of it to suit their own agenda.

I agree with the last post that the thread  was now for something positive and you could have found a better place for your observation Hoka. Unhelpful and your turn is coming

5 minutes ago, GOM said:

We have two 12 year old dogs that are starting to get to the stage where they are not in the best of health. Eventually the law says I may have to euthanise them whether I like it or not. I have had an instance before when I took a dog for treatment for cancer and the vet told me if I persisted it would be a case for the SPCA.

When that day does come two more will be on the list and that is life but add all the similar cases at the time to a document and all of a sudden someone can build a negative story out of it to suit their own agenda.

I agree with the last post that the thread  was now for something positive and you could have found a better place for your observation Hoka. Unhelpful and your turn is coming

My intention was to let people know about the News item, nothing else. Hardly worth starting a new topic.

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

My intention was to let people know about the News item, nothing else. Hardly worth starting a new topic.

I don't think you were doing anything wrong posting it here at all 

It wasnt a good story on the tv and grnz have to start doing something or we will not have a sport very soon

They need to front up and come up with some plan to stop it from happing we are not far from summer and then what happens then tracks get harder and more dogs do hooks and them more bad tv

Timing can be everything and in the build up to the Amazing Chase and Annual Awards the time to strike was right for the sports enemies.

We live in very different and difficult times and are permanently under a microscope but some participants really need to have a long hard look at themselves if the general public's perception of the industry is to change.   

Unfortunately some of the people currently charged with running our industry are also out of their depth. Send them emails or letters asking questions but don't expect a reply because you won't even get an acknowledgement that they received it.

Their future direction thus far has been basically replicating what has been put in place in most Australian states and covering their arses. Not arguing it was wrong to do so as this was an obvious step forward especially considering that New Zealand (GRNZ) is in fact part of the ANZGA but one has to question the time it takes for implementation and bringing about change.

The only urgency GRNZ seems to show is to get out of the office by Thursday evening so they can have a long weekend every week. Probably why they couldn't front the story as they were too busy having their usual Friday flexi. There's that timing again !      

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

And that's fair enough Hoka. I apologise for attacking the messenger. reading all your posts on the forums you come across as not a bad bloke

Awesome vid GOM. :)

Flabber, you hit the nail on the head with your opening sentence. Frustrated and struggling, he has worked six months to find something to create a shit storm at the right time, (pardon my bluntness). I agree that the GRNZ should have fronted.

I am always disappointed with this type of journalism, no balance. 
Would they attack Todd, Blyth, and Tait for example? No, they hold them up as heroes. A very high-risk sport with its share of drama for entertainment, money, and ego. Did they produce stats from the sport of canine agility, another high-risk sport for entertainment? No.

I looked at a number of SPCA annual reports last night from 2016. One glaring omission was the animal stats. Where were the individual branch euthanasia statistics? Not so long ago they were under fire, with their numbers up around 36- 39,000 per annum. I have often wondered if their opposition to our sport is more about rehoming competition, but then I am cynical when it comes to that arm of animal welfare. When you add the council stats to the overview, what you get is a pretty dismal picture. The cruelty and abandonment within the general pet owning population is extremely high. 

And what about the dog attack statistics, reported to be around 70,000 per annum. The cost to the country which includes ACC compensation (around 10,000 claims per annum) is phenomenal. We don't even rate a mention in those statistics. The viewpoint presented was intentionally narrow. Not a show I ever watch.

Would be a good idea for the board to have a PR Person  contracted as required  to front the media when we need to.As the board seem unable to front the media with a constructive point of view.

10 hours ago, bus stop said:

Would be a good idea for the board to have a PR Person  contracted as required  to front the media when we need to.As the board seem unable to front the media with a constructive point of view.

Geez don't encourage them to get more Bussy, from what I hear they have to have 4 day weeks as there is not enough to do now.  

9 hours ago, GOM said:

Geez don't encourage them to get more Bussy, from what I hear they have to have 4 day weeks as there is not enough to do now.  

That might explain why it's taking so long for trainers to get names for their dogs.