Sign in to follow this  
poundforpound

The Minister is flexing his muscles

32 posts in this topic

So the silly old fool is now suing his own government, and the legal fees of his targets will be paid by the tax payers, it’s unclear who’ll pay Whiskey’s fees but you can presume ( based on history ) that he won’t.

This is bizarre really, he did the crime and took the extra benefit money, but he apparently doesn’t like the world knowing what he did.

I can’t wait for discovery to see how much he really knew and when exactly he decided to repay the extra money he’d been incorrectly paid. 

What came first Whiskey, the media enquiries about the over payments of your benefit or the refunding of the money you’d been incorrectly paid ?

What happens now if his own government settles out of court for a huge amount of money, with their acting Prime Minister, with a confidentiality agreement ? This looks like a very messy situation to me.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12068881

"Peters is going after the Ministry of Social Development chief executive Brendan Boyle, State Services Commissioner Peter Hughes, the Attorney-General on behalf of the Ministry of Social Development and former ministers in the previous National government Paula Bennett and Anne Tolley."

Can you read this P4P.  He is suing individuals not Government Departments.

I learnt to read while you were still having your nappies changed for you

I guess you know best...dimwit...whomever claims to have taught you to read ( and comprehend ) should be sued !!!
Do you even know what a state servant is ? Or what a government department is ?
Note it states that all legal fees of those being sued will be paid for by....the Government.....what’s it like having the intelligence of a fucking root vegetable ?

Another version for you to get someone ( who can do up their own shoe laces ) to read to you 

49 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

1.Getting leading studmasters singing off the same song book.Worked out pretty well so far.(heehee)

For the breeding industry, sure. But the statement was about what he had done for the racing industry.

On 6/13/2018 at 0:51 PM, poundforpound said:

I guess you know best...dimwit...whomever claims to have taught you to read ( and comprehend ) should be sued !!!
Note it states that all legal fees of those being sued will be paid for by....the Government.....what’s it like having the intelligence of a fucking root vegetable ?

Another version for you to get someone ( who can do up their own shoe laces ) to read to you 

Yes I do know what a state servant is and a Government Department.  Worked for Justice Department and NZ Police for over 30 years.   Been involved in Racing industry for longer than that. 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 0:51 PM, poundforpound said:

I get sick of hearing that things are private matters or the personal wasn't acting in their capacity as a certain role that they hold.

10 hours ago, Leggy said:

I didn't ask how much money he wasted, but for you to list what he has achieved for the racing industry. Sounds like you agree it is zilch?

Funnily enough to operate the racing industry, funds are required.As Winston provided the industry with millions .it did not have prior,you can hardly blame him if it is...'wasted'..surely you can comprehend that.

13 hours ago, flock ewe2 said:

Under the Clark Govt he pumped around $9mil into racing.And yes breeding is part of the NZ racing industry.

Breeding is not a necessary part of any racing industry ( see Hong Kong ), but what’s happened in NZ is that the powerful breeders have manoeuvred themselves into a position where virtually everything is oriented for their ultimate benefit or to subsidise the racing activities of their breeding businesses.

It’s rather like the medieval times when a small handful of self appointed royalty used the serfs as their slaves.

Now I’m not saying breeders shouldn’t have a say in racing politics or strategy, but it should be equal to or less than punters, vets, jockeys, owners and trainers.

The groups I’ve mentioned “put on the show”, the breeders certainly don’t, and if you can’t see my point of view how about we invert the situation and empower NZTR to start selecting the stallions and do the matings for the big studs....

37 minutes ago, flock ewe2 said:

Funnily enough to operate the racing industry, funds are required.As Winston provided the industry with millions .it did not have prior,you can hardly blame him if it is...'wasted'..surely you can comprehend that.

If Winston had any vision he’d have placed restrictions on how the Fair Tax proceeds were to be used, and rule one should’ve been “don’t waste it on stakes”

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

If Winston had any vision he’d have placed restrictions on how the Fair Tax proceeds were to be used, and rule one should’ve been “don’t waste it on stakes”

Didn't he do the opposite; fix the tax disparity and, on top of that, give $3m/yr over 3 years which he dictated HAD to go to stakes (from memory for the NZ Derby, Auckland Cup and Telegraph)?

I think he just arrived at the right time to preside over the tax fix. It was going to happen anyway. The work had been done. As P4P said, he completely failed to make sure the now $50m plus p.a. did anything to grow the Racing Industry but allowed PAM's (also known as MIA) recommendations to prevail, and the one small useful part of them (reduction in takeouts) that seemed to be working to be overturned.

I accept that he provided useful tax breaks for the breeding industry, but I still don't see a thing he's done for the racing industry except waste $3m a year on stakes when that money could have built a Strathayr track somewhere.

Rorted the taxpayer imo.

13 hours ago, Leggy said:

I think he just arrived at the right time to preside over the tax fix. It was going to happen anyway. The work had been done. As P4P said, he completely failed to make sure the now $50m plus p.a. did anything to grow the Racing Industry but allowed PAM's (also known as MIA) recommendations to prevail, and the one small useful part of them (reduction in takeouts) that seemed to be working to be overturned.

I accept that he provided useful tax breaks for the breeding industry, but I still don't see a thing he's done for the racing industry except waste $3m a year on stakes when that money could have built a Strathayr track somewhere.

Rorted the taxpayer imo.

Direct your blame at poor governance,a succession of gravy training,junketeers lacking any vision and intent on retaining their sinecures.

20 minutes ago, flock ewe2 said:

Direct your blame at poor governance,a succession of gravy training,junketeers lacking any vision and intent on retaining their sinecures.

At what level FU2 ?

Beehive ? NZRB ? Or code level ?

Or all of the above ?

Be more precise please 

14 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

At what level FU2 ?

Beehive ? NZRB ? Or code level ?

Or all of the above ?

Be more precise please 

NZRB and code level.How the remuneration levels can be justified is a mystery.The Beehive largely ignores the racing industry and leaves it to its own devices.How the hell anyone could criticise Winston compared to any other racing minister in living memory is beyond me.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/101002951/allweather-racing-track-promised-by-winston-peters

1 hour ago, flock ewe2 said:

NZRB and code level.How the remuneration levels can be justified is a mystery.The Beehive largely ignores the racing industry and leaves it to its own devices.How the hell anyone could criticise Winston compared to any other racing minister in living memory is beyond me.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/101002951/allweather-racing-track-promised-by-winston-peters

I doubt anyone could legitimately critisise the code for paying extravagant salaries, and whilst the NZRB might arguably have made some inexplicable appointments at the lower level, borderline foolish in that they appear to be devoid of industry experience, I think you’ll find that generally speaking they’ve just recruited and paid market rates.....peanuts and monkeys, you know the story.....

The Beehive ignores the industry for a couple of reasons, firstly because the industry is in bed with Whiskey, and secondly because every January we make the mainstream TV .... with Range Rovers, champagne and high rollers telling us how well we’re all doing, and so it follows that we need no help and that we’re actually doing rather well.

'market rates' for a virtual monopoly....127 people on over $100,000,15 on over 200k .FBU,FONTERRA,TGH and many others pay the going rate  for..talent and...!!

May as well sell the operational side to TABCORP and have some covenants on stakes and disbursement of profits.Theres around 60mil in savings right away.

1 hour ago, flock ewe2 said:

'market rates' for a virtual monopoly....127 people on over $100,000,15 on over 200k .FBU,FONTERRA,TGH and many others pay the going rate  for..talent and...!!

May as well sell the operational side to TABCORP and have some covenants on stakes and disbursement of profits.Theres around 60mil in savings right away.

Get real FU2, $100k is not a high salary in the world of commerce or media, in fact it’s not even significant in hospitality ( we have three staff on six figure salaries ), then you’ve got IT, the executive team, blah, blah,.....this is a reasonably big organization with a diverse range of functions mate and the fact they’re a “virtual monopoly” as you say is irrelevant because so much of what they do in terms of personnel is in competition with the market, and that’s how salaries are determined.

If you’re going to unleash on them back it up with a compare and contrast analysis with say Western Australia or France Galop.

You're starting to sound like the hysterical uninformed two bit screamers who feed Garry ( two R’s. ) and MIA with their ammunition ( should I say blanks ?)

23 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Get real FU2, $100k is not a high salary in the world of commerce or media, in fact it’s not even significant in hospitality ( we have three staff on six figure salaries ), then you’ve got IT, the executive team, blah, blah,.....this is a reasonably big organization with a diverse range of functions mate and the fact they’re a “virtual monopoly” as you say is irrelevant because so much of what they do in terms of personnel is in competition with the market, and that’s how salaries are determined.

If you’re going to unleash on them back it up with a compare and contrast analysis with say Western Australia or France Galop.

You're starting to sound like the hysterical uninformed two bit screamers who feed Garry ( two R’s. ) and MIA with their ammunition ( should I say blanks ?)

while I agree $100k isn't a high market place salary P4P your statement that the Racing Board is a "reasonably big organisation" is the telling one - just over 800 staff including part timers and casuals and 130 odd of them on over $100k.......what do all of these people do because whatever it is they haven't (along with the codes) done it very well