Sign in to follow this  
poundforpound

Get that humble pie warmed up ......

23 posts in this topic

My impeccable sources tell me Whiskey is about to deliver.

The NZRB is going to be sacked, one member stays on, don’t want to name him just yet, Glenda goes, not sure about JA, and then Whiskey is announcing that despite claims to the contrary he has in fact negotiated a deal in the coalition to build two multi purpose AW tracks.

Fuck me...this is sensational news, pass me that big slice of humble pie someone, I’ve got some eating to do 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

The NZRB is going to be sacked, one member stays on, don’t want to name him just yet, Glenda goes, not sure about JA, and then Whiskey is announcing that despite claims to the contrary he has in fact negotiated a deal in the coalition to build two multi purpose AW tracks.

Fuck me...this is sensational news, pass me that big slice of humble pie someone, I’ve got some eating to do 

Is this a sign of you turning? lol good for you P4P

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

your joking you think sacking of hughes etc  and 2 awt tracks are going to improve nz racing yeah another tui ad

22 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Vituperative in the extreme....always has been.....who’ll pay his legal fees this time ?

Its probably more a issue of leaking!! *Ahem  who knows?

consider the impact of it has when leaks are then twisted to be used as weapons of warfare!!

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I might have to share the pie, but are the initiatives correlated to any improvement in the revenue that racing generates for itself? I'm not convinced that all weather tracks or further changes to the NZRB will do that. Where's the beef? It might be a start and it might be in the humble pie, but I need to see major strategy changes.

Well, Meo, my impeccable sources are somewhat dumbfounded as to the validity of your impeccable sources regarding this subject.

For example, Tommy Tomato, who is thick as with the top brass, couldn't raise a squirt from anyone in Whisky's tight lipped team.

Warwick Worchester, a real potent source of inside info, was in the dark on all fronts, while Mildred Mustard reckons you might be eating the take the piss pie.

Come clean Meo. Is there a new variety of culinary condiment we don't know about?

Thought for the day:

The right to be heard does not automatically give you the right to be taken seriously.

I wish I could say more but my sources are so good this can’t be wrong.

As always though I have to protect them and hold back on the really meaty stuff.

Leggy ( as always ) is hitting the right buttons even if we see major change. That’s what worries me, will they be able to grow revenue streams even if they get a handout, and will they spend on infrastructure or waste it on stakes.

The phrase used yesterday ( about ten times ) was “forget evolution, get ready for a revolution”

Ok, fair suck of the sav.

I'll hold off lighting the Barbie and wait with baited breath.

Meo, in regards to both you and Leggy...........what is it with you bloody Massey academics that you always seem to be three paces in front of most others, particularly, but not limited to those Lincoln louts?

10 hours ago, Scotch Thistle said:

I wonder whether the superannuation fraudster has wrangled a deal to suck the teat of the billion dollar slush fund for development assistance to the regions an all weather track or two, and perhaps other racing infrastructure

Don't wonder. There is every chance that's where it/they will be funded from.   

Today Jacinda will announce that all assets taken by the government under “proceeds of crime” will now be used to care for the homeless.

This is what we’ll see when The Racing Act is repealed if Messara has his way, the proceeds of pokies will likely be redirected to the homeless and the addicted pokie players......goodbye 20 million for racing 

P for P I seem to remember, in my dotage,  Helen Clark saying that racing got pokie funds because she was not giving them tax reductions.  Something along that line.  I think Helen still exerts pressure behind the scenes, so I doubt whether pokie cash will be taken away from racing.

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

P for P I seem to remember, in my dotage,  Helen Clark saying that racing got pokie funds because she was not giving them tax reductions.  Something along that line.  I think Helen still exerts pressure behind the scenes, so I doubt whether pokie cash will be taken away from racing.

I wonder if she actually cares that much TN ??

2 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Hopefully, but now you’ve got to appease the Greens and they’re the problem for racing 

As for the pokies under Helen’s regime, I think you’ll find what she said / did was decide to cut out the arguably corrupt middle men / trusts like our friend Murray Acklin operates, and grant the NZRB class 4 gaming licenses so that instead of Acklin and Co running pokie machines in TAB retail outlets ( and making grants to clubs as they saw fit ) the money went directly to the “clearing house” we know as the NZRB.

7 minutes ago, gubellini said:

The big question is have Winston and Owen Glenn kissed and made up?!

Wait and see who the head of the new “Racing Advisory Board” is, and who funds the new apprentices school.....that’ll answer your question in no uncertain terms.