RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Track Record

Silver Collar meeting abandoned

The right thing to do given the weather in the north which is attrocious, Te Rapa is also abandoned.

Hopefully sanity takes place and they either race the meeting tomorrow or Tuesday or if not the heats are pushed back a week, which will also require an adjustment to the chch stayers cup.

it would be an absolute debacle if the final is drawn out of a hat.

3 hours ago, hairy jerry said:

The right thing to do given the weather in the north which is attrocious, Te Rapa is also abandoned.

Hopefully sanity takes place and they either race the meeting tomorrow or Tuesday or if not the heats are pushed back a week, which will also require an adjustment to the chch stayers cup.

it would be an absolute debacle if the final is drawn out of a hat.

Racing tomorrow for the heats. First race is at 12:17pm & last race is at 16:12pm

31 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

Racing tomorrow for the heats. First race is at 12:17pm & last race is at 16:12pm

Think we are dreaming jonesy...weather is worst 2mrw....thunderstorms and heavy rain predicted from 7am in the morning...hope I'm wrong but also I hope they let all know early enough ...

3 hours ago, Time To Remember said:

i see all cole runners are scratched today at Auckland , good too see them looking after the welfare of their dogs 

Absolutely agree, I can't believe trainers are sending their dogs over 779 today, the rain hasn't stopped, condition of track will only get worse as day go's on. Hopefully the track is not as bad as it looks on TV. 

6 hours ago, Time To Remember said:

i see all cole runners are scratched today at Auckland , good too see them looking after the welfare of their dogs 

Had nothing to do with track,apparently they couldnt change travel arrangements.They were quite happy to race yesterday

4 minutes ago, GOM said:

Ran good times in the collar. Stayers running the sprint distance in 18.70s is good on any surface.

Hey Jinbob , How's the 50 to 1 on The Bell looking now. Good trainer that 

5 minutes ago, GOM said:

Ran good times in the collar. Stayers running the sprint distance in 18.70s is good on any surface.

Hey Jinbob , How's the 50 to 1 on The Bell looking now. Good trainer that Ray

Think he ran around 18.40 in the heat last year and 18.30 in the final....great effort by him and a true starter he is...he is one that will handle backing up...be interesting how many of the others do...

7 hours ago, Time To Remember said:

Nothing to do with that lol. They didn’t want to drive up again.

I noticed Pirates Chance of all the dogs in the heats seemed to be the most inconvenienced by the track. Seemed to change stride several times and looked unsure. Big finish when it got out wider. Wouldn't write him off if the final is on a better track 

1 hour ago, GOM said:

I noticed Pirates Chance of all the dogs in the heats seemed to be the most inconvenienced by the track. Seemed to change stride several times and looked unsure. Big finish when it got out wider. Wouldn't write him off if the final is on a better track 

I’m of the opinion that a firm track for the final will see the on pace runners fighting out the finish. 

1. Ring The Bell 

2. Dusty Gambler 

3. Trip To Eden 

On 6/5/2018 at 0:14 PM, GOM said:

You obviously cant read a race very well, watch this dog in every start since it has been in New Zealand. IT IS FIELD SHY. Has no chance in the final unless major collisions in the race

Well at that rate your quote for the quinella should be a grand I'll take a dollar of that ' the bell has to be a genuine winning chance although he is not my first pick , you have been around long enough to know that the Bell must be in with a huge chance, get ya blinkers off and your wallet ready

3 hours ago, jimbob said:

You obviously cant read a race very well, watch this dog in every start since it has been in New Zealand. IT IS FIELD SHY. Has no chance in the final unless major collisions in the race

Has no chance unless collisions in the race....so what your saying it has a chance..not a intelligent statement really

Yeh it's not the first time either Hound. 

Jimbob on here making bold statements again RTB 'WONT WIN' he says.

Shall we listen to a man suggesting RTB should retire a couple months ago??

Now he's 2nd fav in the Silver Collar..:o

13 hours ago, Lowdown said:

Yeh it's not the first time either Hound. 

Jimbob on here making bold statements again RTB 'WONT WIN' he says.

Shall we listen to a man suggesting RTB should retire a couple months ago??

Now he's 2nd fav in the Silver Collar..:o

I was correct in the Wanganui Stayers, Ring the Bell d failed in the final, and I cleaned up off Dusty. Anything can happen in a race Hound .  I am sure you more than most have seen plenty of non chasers cause havoc to genuine dogs

On 6/7/2018 at 1:32 PM, jimbob said:

more like 100 - 1,  Ring the Bell won't win final, i can only see two with realistic chances Dusty and Translator

All the lights are on but nobodys home... 

All honours to Ring The Bell on his second Silver Collar victory a truly remarkable dog and great training effort.

Also what a massive run by Dusty Gambler for second after all but falling when colliding heavily with Trip To Eden with a lap to go it still somehow managed to get to the front after only to have the effort tell over the last 40 metres.

Cristiane Cyborg was closing hard too at the finish to snare a bold 3rd.

Congrats to all placegetters.

Tremendous race. Lived up to all the hype which is unusual in a final.

Congratulations to Ray on his first Silver Collar. Remarkable really that it was his first so even more special.

RTB. What more can one say about this really genuine stayer? The best I have seen.

The placegetters were tops as well which made for such an exciting race.

(As it turned out. there was a huge tip given out for RTB by none other than Thayne Green whose summation of the dog's appearance and attitude over the last six days proved so accurate!).