Sign in to follow this  
scooby3051

All Stars Simply The Best !!!!!!!

92 posts in this topic

Racing: Super stable blitz Jewels

Shez All Rock brilliantly won the 3YO Diamond yesterday. Photo / Trish Dunell
Shez All Rock brilliantly won the 3YO Diamond yesterday. Photo / Trish Dunell
 

The all-conquering stable of Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen dominated yesterday's showpiece Harness Jewels meeting at Cambridge with six winners on the nine-race group one card.

And it was fitting that Australasia's top stable produced the first Australian winner at the Jewels when super filly Shez All Rock treated her rivals with contempt in the 3YO Diamond.

In a brilliant front-running performance, she stopped the clock at 1.51.9 for the 1600m with a five-length margin to her contemporaries.

Although she won in the name of Purdon and Rasmussen, she wore the green colours of her homeland and will head back across the Tasman to former trainer Mark Pitt.

Purdon, usually reserved, was in raptures with the filly's performance. "She was just beautiful today and it was just brilliant the way she did it ... she could have gone a second quicker if I asked her too."

Purdon picked out Shez All Rock, the Victorian and New South Wales Oaks winner, for good friend Chris Ryder, a former Kiwi based in the US.

Just as quickly as Purdon and adoring New Zealand fans fell in love with Shez All Rock, they will have to say goodbye — she's off to Australia next week and, eventually, America.

"She'll go back across to Mark now and contest the Vicbred and Breeders Crown before heading to America."

Earlier, Princess Tiffany started the stable roll with a dominant display in the 240 Diamond, while Enhance Your Calm was too good in the 2YO Ruby trot. The stable's other winners were Another Masterpiece, Eamon Maguire and classy trotter Winterfell.

There were jubilant scenes, the likes of which haven't been seen for a long time on a New Zealand harness racing track, when Pat's Delight took out the final race. The Dexter Dunn-driven second favourite won a stirring home-straight battle over Sheriff, sending a section of the grandstand in to raptures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To see the way All Stars presented each and every one of their horses on course yesterday was an eye opener

they were all healthy in their coat and performed like professionals , the gear was spotless and the horses performed how they looked

To run such a big stable and turn the horses out in fantastic order is a true credit to them and the results show

Well done to the Cambridge club for a very enjoyable day but the $30 entry fee does have to be addressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course they are, rather than bag them as many seem to want to  them lets rejoice at the standards that they have set. Clearly the Dunn stable after all their purchases at yearling sale time and private purchases are trying to compete so well done to them and their owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harness are quite different from gallops when the trainers generally drive also and despite a number of bad draws the P/R team know how well their horses are, know how fast they can go down to the nth degree of a second and and thus know how much they can be used during a race then also have the driving expertise to position. save, push forward etc, etc to get the best result for the horse and connections under the circumstances. Of course they don't always win but they are a pleasure to watch as a complete unit. They've set the bar bloody high but records are made to be broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allstars website

I have just been talking to Chris (Ryder) and the decision has been made to leave Shez All Rock with us at this stage. She will have a little break and then get ready for the Breeder's Crown in August. She is an exceptionally gifted pacer"

We will probably not make any other decisions about the Breeder's Crown until next week. ENHANCE YOUR CALM I can say is almost certain to go but beyond that nothing definite yet. Most of them will be going out for a break as is usual after the Jewels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Booby Bec said:

It's not the fact they win everything its the way they win everything so easily which is the worrying thing.  Very soon they won't have to worry about beating anyone

The more you post the more you sound and write like the liar who has moved to greener pastures. 21 odd starters for 6 wins suggesting they did not not have it all their own way and talk me through how Sicario got beaten if its so easy.

Finally , if its such a bore to you why watch, its not compulsory. If you would  rather watch a Sunday Ashburton meeting where the B graders  turn up then go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

The more you post the more you sound and write like the liar who has moved to greener pastures. 21 odd starters for 6 wins suggesting they did not not have it all their own way and talk me through how Sicario got beaten if its so easy.

Finally , if its such a bore to you why watch, its not compulsory. If you would  rather watch a Sunday Ashburton meeting where the B graders  turn up then go for it.

Lets start from the beginning.  Princess Tiffany phenomenal run came from last and busted them down the back and once again just kept on trucking, the stablemate should have run second.  Enhance your calm way too good, ditto shez all rock.  The only disappointment was Partyon, even the Mark Purdon magic couldn't help her, but nothing to prove she has been an awesome filly.  Sicario couldn't win the way that race panned out. Was the Blair and Dexter exchange after the race a we gave you no chance of winning that mark and nat? 

The fields on Sunday at Ashburton were ordinary, but these horses are the heart and soul of the industry!!  No one stable dominance there, very entertaining!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booby Bec said:

Lets start from the beginning.  Princess Tiffany phenomenal run came from last and busted them down the back and once again just kept on trucking, the stablemate should have run second.  Enhance your calm way too good, ditto shez all rock.  The only disappointment was Partyon, even the Mark Purdon magic couldn't help her, but nothing to prove she has been an awesome filly.  Sicario couldn't win the way that race panned out. Was the Blair and Dexter exchange after the race a we gave you no chance of winning that mark and nat? 

The fields on Sunday at Ashburton were ordinary, but these horses are the heart and soul of the industry!!  No one stable dominance there, very entertaining!

You are on drugs you think 2nd rate horses... with the greatest respect to them..is better than seeing the best of the best showcased...you got to be kidding. Love them or hate them the All Stars are the best and deserve everything they get as they are the pinnacle of the harness sport..... everyone should be applauding them not trying to rubbish them.JMO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Toblerone said:

There was only 9 wins available :rolleyes:

I'm aware of that , its just a case of BB being one of those AS haters who post innuendo on here and generally have nothing to back up their theories. As i said to it as we don't know what sex BB is if you don't like the Jewels or races where Purdon has runners, DONT WATCH.

As for BO and  DD after last its nothing new to congratulate your mate after a winning drive in a race of such stature, go back to Derby and see what happened after race when the result was the other way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Equine Blood Soluions Pty Ltd & Equine Blood Solutions NZ Ltd 

Check NZ Companies Office re ownership & web site - may explain the edge the All Stars have v’s other horses / stables .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Equine Blood Soluions Pty Ltd & Equine Blood Solutions NZ Ltd 

Check NZ Companies Office re ownership & web site - may explain the edge the All Stars have v’s other horses / stables .

Tell us more Long Owner. MP and NR are 2 of 4 directors at Equine Blood Solutions NZ Ltd. What edge are you referring to as its freely available to all trainers of all equine persuasions and is a product that does not break the rules of racing.

From the Website

"

Equine Blood Solution ACS technology is 100% drug free, 100% chemical free and therefore has no banned substances. We use the horse’s own repair cells, interleukins and other regenerative properties only. Guaranteeing no rules of competition or racing are broken.

Here are more reasons to use EBS-ACS technologies:

   To be assured all processing is completed under sterile conditions.

   Total client security is provided.

   The staff at EBS are fully trained and certified in the protocols associated with EBS products.

   The simplicity of ordering an ACS product.

   The proficiency in which it is supplied to the customer.

✔   Maintaining complete professional standards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

Equine Blood Soluions Pty Ltd & Equine Blood Solutions NZ Ltd 

Check NZ Companies Office re ownership & web site - may explain the edge the All Stars have v’s other horses / stables .

Nothing illegal here I could tell you why they have it over other stables

Yes ,they don't jog them as much as other trainers,in fact fastwork them more than other trainers and also interval training so horses get used to sprinting 2 or 3 times in a race which also means they can do more work in a race.They spend the money to legally give their horses recovery drugs so they can work them harder days on end.Plus having the best bred horses,which some were actually picked up quite cheaply at sales,helps immensely and having so many horses availeable to them means they only get one chance to impress,so they only keep the best.Unlike a lot of trainers who keep a horse even though they know it wont pay its way,ok for trainer if owner still happy to pay.

Other trainers could do all this but choose not too,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richie said:

Nothing illegal here I could tell you why they have it over other stables

Yes ,they don't jog them as much as other trainers,in fact fastwork them more than other trainers and also interval training so horses get used to sprinting 2 or 3 times in a race which also means they can do more work in a race.They spend the money to legally give their horses recovery drugs so they can work them harder days on end.Plus having the best bred horses,which some were actually picked up quite cheaply at sales,helps immensely and having so many horses availeable to them means they only get one chance to impress,so they only keep the best.Unlike a lot of trainers who keep a horse even though they know it wont pay its way,ok for trainer if owner still happy to pay.

Other trainers could do all this but choose not too,

 

Very good points Richie, he usually marks owners catalogues with a price on each horse and lets them work it out for themselves along with his syndicators. I cant recall him ever buying a sales topper. Only bought about 20 yearlings this year so lets see how good his 2yr olds are in 7-10 months time. Compare that with what R Dunn signed for and who knows what might occur next year in the juvenile ranks.

Getting rid of slow ones is a no brainer to a professional organization. Why waste your time and owners money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fartoomuch said:

Very good points Richie, he usually marks owners catalogues with a price on each horse and lets them work it out for themselves along with his syndicators. I cant recall him ever buying a sales topper. Only bought about 20 yearlings this year so lets see how good his 2yr olds will be in 7-10 months time. Compare that with what R Dunn signed for and who knows what might occur next year.

Getting rid of slow ones is a no brainer to a professional organization. Why waste your time and owners money.

But you would be surprised how many so called professional trainers keep talking owners into keep racing horses that will never pay there way.

No owners want to hear that their horse no good and get excited if trainer says it working good and close to getting some form,whilst trainer really knows horse no good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richie said:

But you would be surprised how many so called professional trainers keep talking owners into keep racing horses that will never pay there way.

No owners want to hear that their horse no good and get excited if trainer says it working good and close to getting some form,whilst trainer really knows horse no good

Not surprised at all Richie seen it for years in both codes which is why i know of one particular trainer who sacks them with gay abandon and actually tells owners to let someone else try them should they wish to continue.And no, please don't ask me to name him, that would not be fair to him or his owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair comments from all concerned.  Yes with their expectations and volume of horses ordinary ones get moved on quickly.

25 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Not surprised at all Richie seen it for years in both codes which is why i know of one particular trainer who sacks them with gay abandon and actually tells owners to let someone else try them should they wish to continue.And no, please don't ask me to name him, that would not be fair to him or his owners

Fair comments from all concerned.  Yes with their expectations and volume of horses ordinary ones get moved on quickly.  If the trainer you speak of keeps sacking horses hopefully he has some fast ones to take their place.  As an owner I don't have any expectations on horses racing at 2, but at 3 I would like to think they are doing something.  And if they are racing at least paying their way.  If not dont want to waste more cash and dont want trainers wasting their time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Very good points Richie, he usually marks owners catalogues with a price on each horse and lets them work it out for themselves along with his syndicators. I cant recall him ever buying a sales topper. Only bought about 20 yearlings this year so lets see how good his 2yr olds are in 7-10 months time. Compare that with what R Dunn signed for and who knows what might occur next year in the juvenile ranks.

Getting rid of slow ones is a no brainer to a professional organization. Why waste your time and owners money.

Jesse Duke was  a sales topper but I have heard Mark in many interviews say the sales toppers rarely work out , You Gotta Have Faith is another to come to mind

The brother to Adore Me that was a high price yearling is another unseen horse, but I did see and speak to Steven Reid one morning he was working it

So many so called professional trainers don't get rid of their slow horse ie K and T Barron have many old horses not earning going around, Tim Butt has many , Mark Jones has some old horses not earning , R Dunn has more than most not performing and not earning , C Dalgety has many racing at poor meetings with not earning , M Berger , T Herlihy , and as for the horses going around week in week out in the deep south, are these trainers keeping these horses to make ends meet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rangi said:

Jesse Duke was  a sales topper but I have heard Mark in many interviews say the sales toppers rarely work out , You Gotta Have Faith is another to come to mind

The brother to Adore Me that was a high price yearling is another unseen horse, but I did see and speak to Steven Reid one morning he was working it

So many so called professional trainers don't get rid of their slow horse ie K and T Barron have many old horses not earning going around, Tim Butt has many , Mark Jones has some old horses not earning , R Dunn has more than most not performing and not earning , C Dalgety has many racing at poor meetings with not earning , M Berger , T Herlihy , and as for the horses going around week in week out in the deep south, are these trainers keeping these horses to make ends meet?

 

Harsh but fair Rangi re so called prof trainers. I didn't count Jessie Duke as the Ozzie owners the Feiss's select their own horses from memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this