RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Fly To The Moon

I saw this three year old filly in race nine at Matamata yesterday.  I thought her performance was the standout for the day.  Okay, she only came second, but she will not be a maiden for long.

The spell of frosts and fine weather, following damned awful persistent rain made for an unusually sticky track that can upset some horses.  Maybe it suited this filly, but have a look at the replay and tell me if I am hallucinating.

3 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I saw this three year old filly in race nine at Matamata yesterday.  I thought her performance was the standout for the day.  Okay, she only came second, but she will not be a maiden for long.

The spell of frosts and fine weather, following damned awful persistent rain made for an unusually sticky track that can upset some horses.  Maybe it suited this filly, but have a look at the replay and tell me if I am hallucinating.

1400m, sticky slow/heavy track ideally Matamata, senior jock maybe some form of headgear should go close.

27 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You’re hallucinating.

Very poor overall time, and very poor closing sectional compared to the race previous.

I don’t know how that young jockey didn’t get a decent holiday though, she didn’t move on it in the straight.

The closing 600m was poor but the last 200m is a differnet story.

The young jockey always rides like that, it suits some.

No doubt Steve you would have researched Fly to The Moon's pedigree.

I took no notice, initially of her run because it appeared to be a very poor field.

However : The winners time was posted as 1:14.82 with Fly Me To The Moon a head back in a time of 1:16.00 !!

I Re timed  the race several times and  her sectional's and they are so different from the NZR times.
Given that her mother Fly Silca Fly won at Newmarket and came out to NZ under P M's advice and he breeds from her and races this filly

I would watch her very closely next start.

DISCLAIMER / DISCLOSURE

I have no financial connection to Ballymore stables.

I have no present financial arrangements with P M.

I presently own no close relations to this filly's family  but once owned a grey pony and my brother trained a grey mare called Miraculous.

I have never met the filly's rider, Tina Comignaghi.

•  
  •  

image.png

56 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

The winner's time was posted as 1:15.97, so 1:16.00 for FTTM makes sense.

1:14.82 was the time posted for the race prior.

Disclaimer/disclosure: Same as for Black Kirrama, except that I've never owned a grey pony or had a brother who trained.

I timed the race at 1:16.12 thats probably because of the jockeys anticipating the start and my interpretation of the finish angle.

At the 600 Fly To the Moon was 1.28 seconds behind the leader. The actual race sectional I timed at 40.4 seconds.

Just proves that there exists a margin of error in the way everyone times the races. However I am surprised that when the computer says its churning out 25 frames per second its always reliable. Perhaps the spacing of those 25 frames isn't always exactly 1/25th of a second.

On 5/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

hope you were on TN

I posted here on 31st May that I thought this filly could be the real thing.  Another poster said I was hallucinating.  Yesterday I spent a sum, representing 1.26% of the total on course turnover, to learn that I was hallucinating back in May.

Bugger it!  The mare (now) is a flea and should not be bred from.