RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

This is why we are buggered

So I looked at a 1952 book and saw that the average at the Melbourne yearling sales was 467 guineas compared to 532 guineas at the Trentham sales.  Balloch was NZ's leading stallion with progeny earnings of 47,798 pounds compared with Midstream in Aussie with 64,404 pounds.  The Auckland Cup' stake of 12,500 pounds compared favourably with the Melbourne Cup stake (won by Dalray) of 15,000 pounds.  Keep in mind that at that time the Aussie pound was worth just 16 shillings NZ currency.  So the Auckland Cup was worth, get this, 15,625 Australian pounds!

That is how far we have slipped.

42 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Not only that, but the % difference figures make no sense

I thought your interpretive powers surpassed that of a pre high school teenager. 5 years ago the progeny of the leading stallion in NZ  earn't 22.84% as much as their counterpart in Australia. Now that figure is 12% with a doubling of the earnings in Australia where we have only increased by 29%

2 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I can see the point you are making but just one stat that makes it look worse is that Snitzel's son Redzel did win A$5.8m in one hit when he won the Everest. That is an outlier that should be considered I would think?

So its 15.26%.....down from  22.84%. We could have held an Everest but we didn't.

Speaking of things that need to be watched....today's episode of Bred to Win at 2.30pm. The rest of the World is talking about marketing the horse where our marketing team are marketing betting. Any relatively intelligent person would realise that the horse comes first...especially when it finishes racing.

5 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I can see the point you are making but just one stat that makes it look worse is that Snitzel's son Redzel did win A$5.8m in one hit when he won the Everest. That is an outlier that should be considered I would think?

Good point, same theory would be to consider Winx as an outlier for Street Cry.