RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
berzerk

Dumbest racing rule in the world...

Easing the pace? An oxymoron if ever there was one on Trentham's Heavy 11.

Whatever happened to jockey's looking where they are going and having some intuition? TK Allen has worked to lead, he is hardly going to keep running! Of course he will try and ease for a breather.

As a punter I want my leader to go as slow as possible. I'd be bloody annoyed if they don't!

Well I suppose at least they didn't relegate the winner! Complete frigging nonsense. 

Sir slick was ridden like this at Ellerslie one day , but they had a few horses that normally wouldn’t run out the distance at a true tempo in the race that outsprinted him. Isn’t always the answer Berzy

28 minutes ago, berzerk said:

Easing the pace? An oxymoron if ever there was one on Trentham's Heavy 11.

Whatever happened to jockey's looking where they are going and having some intuition? TK Allen has worked to lead, he is hardly going to keep running! Of course he will try and ease for a breather.

As a punter I want my leader to go as slow as possible. I'd be bloody annoyed if they don't!

Well I suppose at least they didn't relegate the winner! Complete frigging nonsense. 

You missed the important bit eased the pace abruptly.Which resulted in three horses being restrained with difficulty behind him.

When the front runner eases the pace abruptly a chain reaction can occur in a race. Worse case scenario is that a horse can be galloped on from behind and have a tendon severed or badly injured. Sometimes these injuries can be career threatening. Just another viewpoint but it can be heart breaking to lose a horse in this situation.

8 hours ago, gubellini said:

When the front runner eases the pace abruptly a chain reaction can occur in a race. Worse case scenario is that a horse can be galloped on from behind and have a tendon severed or badly injured. Sometimes these injuries can be career threatening. Just another viewpoint but it can be heart breaking to lose a horse in this situation.

Exactly.

I had a smart filly in the 1000 Guineas,  MJW led up on the Vela filly Insouciant;   he eased and stacked the field so sharply that two horses fell - mine being one.

She fractured a hock in the fall,  not sure about the other filly but both were ruined...and nothing was ever said or done about it.

At least action was taken in this case,  as it should have been.

14 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

Exactly.

I had a smart filly in the 1000 Guineas,  MJW led up on the Vela filly Insouciant;   he eased and stacked the field so sharply that two horses fell - mine being one.

She fractured a hock in the fall,  not sure about the other filly but both were ruined...and nothing was ever said or done about it.

At least action was taken in this case,  as it should have been.

That filly you had pam,  has left a couple of handy horses, as a broodmare, if its the one I'm thinking of, one looks like a very nice stayer in the making, going by his last start.

Yes,  you are right,  he certainly looks the goods.

As for poor Auntie,  and her very ill owner;  I had no doubt about the [ in ] action taken after watching Cammo sidle across the birdcage to high-five the winning jockey...' got the money,  bro '.....I waited all day to have a meeting with stipes to be put off repeatedly,  and then to watch them all walk away at the end of the day.  One cast a glance at me still standing around and said,  too busy to talk to you.

Thats a real shame, and would really hurt, a credit to you to have a starter in the race, and a heartbraker to have that happen, she was obviously never the same after her injury, and we never got to see the best of her, be good to watch her progeny preform now.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:50 AM, Pam Robson said:

Yes,  you are right,  he certainly looks the goods.

As for poor Auntie,  and her very ill owner;  I had no doubt about the [ in ] action taken after watching Cammo sidle across the birdcage to high-five the winning jockey...' got the money,  bro '.....I waited all day to have a meeting with stipes to be put off repeatedly,  and then to watch them all walk away at the end of the day.  One cast a glance at me still standing around and said,  too busy to talk to you.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:29 PM, Shad said:

Thats a real shame, and would really hurt, a credit to you to have a starter in the race, and a heartbraker to have that happen, she was obviously never the same after her injury, and we never got to see the best of her, be good to watch her progeny preform now.

From my recollection Chris Johnson rode your horse  he was dirty on Michael Walker for some time but at that time MW and Lisa Cropp could do  no wrong  2007??

5 hours ago, rumpole said:

From my recollection Chris Johnson rode your horse  he was dirty on Michael Walker for some time but at that time MW and Lisa Cropp could do  no wrong  2007??

Yes he did, but she wasn't my horse, pam trained her, she had another of her progeny start at timaru, went a very nice race, for fourth.

43 minutes ago, Shad said:

Yes he did, but she wasn't my horse, pam trained her, she had another of her progeny start at timaru, went a very nice race, for fourth.

Sorry Shad the   message was meant for Pam Robson