RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bruce M

Mile Night At Auckland

I'm not sure what to think about tonight's mile night at Alexandra Park.

It's something different but why not 1700m? Horses could still get a terrific mile rate without the difficulties of the mile starting point.

It'll be interesting to see where the winners come from...will it be lead at all costs or swoopers making the most of a fast pace?

2 hours ago, Bruce M said:

I'm not sure what to think about tonight's mile night at Alexandra Park.

It's something different but why not 1700m? Horses could still get a terrific mile rate without the difficulties of the mile starting point.

It'll be interesting to see where the winners come from...will it be lead at all costs or swoopers making the most of a fast pace?

Its an interesting experiment  Bruce, im thinking they are carrying out an exercise to see if holding the Jewels there in future is possible

After all the conversations over the years about the mile being a poor start point at Alex park I thought it was a good even spread of leaders from all draws. Wasn’t 1—3 leading ever race . If anything it was harder for the inside runners to stop being crossed as with the extra 100m straight line run before start the outside runners have fully balanced up before the gate leaves. 

I went along to see how this experiment would work and I would agree it was a success with action packed racing and competitive racing and horses winning from so called bad draws

Well done ATC

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Bruce M said:

It certainly beat my expectations.Look at the winning draws

9-12-8-5-12-4-8-3-6-8......who'd have thunk the most winning draw would be the outside of the front line followed by twelve.

How many won from the lead or passing lane?

These results IMO are a function of the lack of depth of quality. So it may pay to ignore this anomaly  next Saturday.