RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Shez All Rock

It was reported in Harnesslink that she was bought by Chris Ryder for $220,000  (AUD I assume.)

If that is correct it would have to be the bargain of the century given that a couple of yearlings  sell for that each year and there is always the possibility they may not be good enough to even race.

I imagine if it was common knowledge she could have been bought for that price there would have been a queue of owners and trainers lining up to buy her.

Forgive my scepticism, but who in their right mind would sell a horse that's already won $268k from just a handful of starts, for $220k, with the big money races still to come?

If this is true, they'd have to be the biggest morons walking the planet. She'd be worth that on "broken down broodmare value" alone!

I would seriously doubt that before the other night she could have been worth over 100k as a broodmare.

If for any reason she wasn’t a megastar at 4 (much more likely she will be now) you could argue most of her big money opportunities were over.

Not many 4yo mares worth big money. 

Petsonally I think she has run into a poor kiwi 3yo fillies crop and shown them up for what they are. 

Sure 220 seems cheap now but I don’t think it was totally ridiculous.