RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

The Budget

It seems you can claim tax deductions on any yearling purchased of outstanding quality that can be bred from.   Not clear what criteria, or who decides what outstanding quality is.  Also not clear if it is only for thoroughbreds or both codes.  Given NZ Firsts racing policy before election this is underwhelming.

1 hour ago, lamour said:

It seems you can claim tax deductions on any yearling purchased of outstanding quality that can be bred from.   Not clear what criteria, or who decides what outstanding quality is.  Also not clear if it is only for thoroughbreds or both codes.  Given NZ Firsts racing policy before election this is underwhelming.

Ive just located this

Quality breeding is the life blood of the thoroughbred racing code. It also helps sustain an iconic New Zealand industry and ensures New Zealand horses can compete with the best in the world.

Its just more nonsense from Winnie. To think that many people got sucked in again by him is bordering on insanity on their part.

14 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Ive just located this

Quality breeding is the life blood of the thoroughbred racing code. It also helps sustain an iconic New Zealand industry and ensures New Zealand horses can compete with the best in the world.

Its just more nonsense from Winnie. To think that many people got sucked in again by him is bordering on insanity on their part.

Anyone who voted NZ FIRST because of their racing policy has been well & truly conned.   The fact it appears to only apply to thoroughbreds shows Peters is just looking after his mates.

I hate to think what the review by this Aussie guy is going to come up with.  I hope it's not just some justification for grabbing money from Harness & Greyhounds & allocating it to  Thoroughbreds.

27 minutes ago, lamour said:

Anyone who voted NZ FIRST because of their racing policy has been well & truly conned.   The fact it appears to only apply to thoroughbreds shows Peters is just looking after his mates.

I hate to think what the review by this Aussie guy is going to come up with.  I hope it's not just some justification for grabbing money from Harness & Greyhounds & allocating it to  Thoroughbreds.

I would say Messara has walked into a potential political nightmare. Winston has just bought more time and will use it to back track on his election promises. Forget any changes to Racing Act or Racefields legislation this term. His retirement is now a formailty 

Guest Hunterthenutter
2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

I would say Messara has walked into a potential political nightmare. Winston has just bought more time and will use it to back track on his election promises. Forget any changes to Racing Act or Racefields legislation this term. His retirement is now a formailty 

there was never going  to be anything in the budget for racing paul

Winston has implemented a long overdue review of our Industry which potentially could make millions available to us for distribution without having to get petty cash allocations from the budget. Surely we should wait for the future outcomes before bleating and being critical of Winston.

1 hour ago, iwmcn said:

Winston has implemented a long overdue review of our Industry which potentially could make millions available to us for distribution without having to get petty cash allocations from the budget. Surely we should wait for the future outcomes before bleating and being critical of Winston.

I hope you are right iwmcn.  It concerns me however that it appears this review is holding up the passing of the race fields legislation as I understand it.  Correct me if I am wrong on that point. 

Lamour Not conversant enough with that to comment about the race fields legisation.

I personally have advocated we contract racing to Tabcorp and TV to Sky.

Both are public companies ACCOUNTABLE to shareholders.

Also rip up the  Racing Act and start with a blank piece of paper.

I hope Mr Messiah has been reading my mail and concurs..

3 hours ago, rangi said:

where has harness racing even been mentioned or heard in the budget or the racing review?

iwmcn comments we hold onto and hope it is comes to fruition

Rangi, the Harness industry only ever lives on hope. Call me anti, call me a skeptic, call me what you like but just look at Winston's hiostory - and that of our last half dozen Racing Ministers and the first step forward will be to accept that no minister is going to help Harness Racing. Thoroughbreds- YES, but Harness?-No !! And the industry as a whole /- Doubtful.

Guys it is not a case of us and them. The review covers "racing". I accept the Budget said gallops. 

Blue "racing" has already lived on hope for years not just harness.

Now we are seeing ACTION and still whinge about past grievances, Ministers etc.

Move on. Await the outcome of the review and reserve any criticism or negativity (if justified) until it is released.

On 5/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Looks like you might be right Farty. Dragging the chain hoping for a silver bullet. Don't hold your breath with this prick.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/racing/peters-sounds-warning

On 5/18/2018 at 0:37 PM, lamour said:

Not a dig at you.. but for someone to have voted soley on the benefits it could bring to the racing industry... is a voter that is short-sighted

The racing industry should be a secondary consideration to why they would vote!!

Afterall its more about Nz First as opposed to racing industry first

The fact that there was something to benefit the racing industry... is really a bonus!!

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Looks like you might be right Farty. Dragging the chain hoping for a silver bullet. Don't hold your breath with this prick.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/racing/peters-sounds-warning

No one with an IQ above 35 would trust him as proved by his 7% electoral vote. Cant win a seat anywhere  but such are the vagaries and stupidity of MMP. Its tailor made for losers.

As for the great debater J Allen , saying its costing 1mio a month wouldn't coincide with how much he fleeced reserves by would it, a classic cop out for when he departs.

Speaking of departing , how come the National appointed NZRB chair is still there. Given her failure to hold costs and improve anything to do with gambling some might venture to say she knows something about someone!!!!

22 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

No one with an IQ above 35 would trust him as proved by his 7% electoral vote. Cant win a seat anywhere  but such are the vagaries and stupidity of MMP. Its tailor made for losers.

As for the great debater J Allen , saying its costing 1mio a month wouldn't coincide with how much he fleeced reserves by would it, a classic cop out for when he departs.

Speaking of departing , how come the National appointed NZRB chair is still there. Given her failure to hold costs and improve anything to do with gambling some might venture to say she knows something about someone!!!!

That will no doubt be addressed in the Messara Report....Seek logins must be at an alltime high....:rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

That will no doubt be addressed in the Messara Report....Seek logins must be at an alltime high....:rolleyes:

Be prepared to be let down by Messara report especially its take up by NZ Government. It buys Winston time and will struggle to get support from Greens/Labour and hence give NZ First an opt out  excuse.

Sadly i'm thinking the report may well have some good ideas but as for their introduction , little or no chance

7 hours ago, john legend said:

good to see Iwm back in action/ perhaps winston or is it acting PM could consider trotters that get to winning positions then break in the straight could have the punters bets refunded. only a dream Ivan !!

Your right. Costing me thousands in fixed odds multis. Had 11k going in multis for Jaw D Nancy to place on Friday only to see her gallop having shied at track markers lying on the track. down the back straight. I subscribe to dreams.?

2 hours ago, iwmcn said:

Your right. Costing me thousands in fixed odds multis. Had 11k going in multis for Jaw D Nancy to place on Friday only to see her gallop having shied at track markers lying on the track. down the back straight. I subscribe to dreams.?

iwmcn.how many horses galloped at those markers? should the horse have been a late scratching?

iwmcn I do hope you get plenty off her at her next racing opportunity having this inside knowledge

With The Brodstar not being seen on here in a while your dividend should stay lucrative

8 hours ago, rangi said:

iwmcn I do hope you get plenty off her at her next racing opportunity having this inside knowledge

With The Brodstar not being seen on here in a while your dividend should stay lucrative

Has moved to greener pastures by all accounts which is his choice of course