RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
47South

Peter Mitchell

Unbelievable!!!  so sad,the thoroughbred world will be in total shock of this news , as I am. My sincere condolences to his family. It has been a few years since I spoke to Peter but during the 80,s and early 90,s we were in regular contact through the horses we were racing and the trainers we both were closely associated with..I am in total disbelief of his early departure. Good Night,God Bless and thanks for the memories.

There was a lovely interview with Frank Richie on Des Coppin's Monday show today.

Frank told a few stories.
The influence of Harold Hampton and his pedigree analysis that influenced Pete to buy the Pag Asa yearling who  would be named Bone Crusher

I believe you can hear it on. " Sound Cloud "

Pete Mitchell was introduced to me by Alan Leslie JONES at about the same time as I met Paul Bellingham.

And several of Colin Alderson's punters.   My Videos of Trials, racing and track work were couriered on VHS. cassette Tapes.

Pete Mitchell always questioned the timing of the trial heats.(Hand Timed ) by committee Men !!

He paid my staff to re time heats of interest to him. As Frank said today he would have one go a day and tell The Trainer and Jockey how to win !!

His Finance Company INSTANT FINANCE  had scrupulous rules.Tough and Fair.

Magic man, Peter Mitchell

Rev