RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Japan Races

Does anyone else have an opinion on races from Japan (even some no TV) being available at TAB. Now Japan Cup ,Tenno Sho and the classics great stuff and interesting to watch . They are quality horses on quality tracks.But basically non JRA , dirt tracks , no form shown ,all 2018 Chestnut geldings (according to formguide) and no sire /dam.Unless you have a good inside knowledge of racing in Japan and aware of a black booker in a 1200 metre maiden off the main circuit I cannot see the point . Sometimes less is more .I sure others have different opinion and must admit was interesting to watch one yesterday but betting it in these circumstances not for me.

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Does anyone else have an opinion on races from Japan (even some no TV) being available at TAB. Now Japan Cup ,Tenno Sho and the classics great stuff and interesting to watch . They are quality horses on quality tracks.But basically non JRA , dirt tracks , no form shown ,all 2018 Chestnut geldings (according to formguide) and no sire /dam.Unless you have a good inside knowledge of racing in Japan and aware of a black booker in a 1200 metre maiden off the main circuit I cannot see the point . Sometimes less is more .I sure others have different opinion and must admit was interesting to watch one yesterday but betting it in these circumstances not for me.

My opinion on this is the same as last weeks Kentucky Derby//pathetic of NZ TAB not to supply horse details/connections/form analysis..how can the expect us to bet blind..response from TAB to my email was "fair comment" and pointed me to a form guide within their News and Tips page on website. Hardly good enough. They need yo up their game.

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

The other day I think about half of the card were no tv races. I have never really bothered to look but I’d be interested to know what the turn over is like on a no tv race.

I tried to find some form but couldn’t really find a lot out there so I was the same as you, had a bit of an interest watch but left the betting alone. 

15 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Well said Red Rum, couldn't agree more. Actually I could agree less, because like you said, sometimes less is more. It's ridiculous covering (poorly) these races when often some of the local coverage leaves a lot to be desired. Saturating the product is never good.

Sounds like a lot of you guys agree .I've always had Japan on my agenda at some point but Tokyo City Keiba won't be a track for me .Looked like a mud bath in a building site inside spaghetti junction. Poor horses and jocks in rear  looked like been in a ruck on midwinter paddock in presidents grade.Looks like ping the gate and go go go. This NAR stuff well below the JAR racing in JP but it's got good English language site for form if anyone could be bothered.

At least no form is better than " trained locally " in singapore comments .

Loved the North Korean jockey comment. My immediate thought was Kim Jong Un coming over after talking with Trump riding in a high weight for Myers at Wanganui wearing his black suit putting up a wee bit of overweight. That would get crowds back to races big style .

The NZRB complain about the number of punters spending less with them, this is a major reason why, the watering down of the product. In Hong Kong for instance, the number of betters spending more has risen, where they race a maximum of twice a week, and all information on the horse including treatments and stewards reports are freely available for every animal. Bettors spend more when you give them all the information and they bet with confidence. As you say Red Rum, less is more.