RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

miramar and kilbirne tabs closing wgtn

The Racing side of the Tab gets in the way of the real profit,clubs need to find some method of self sufficiency because these people running the show aren’t Racing enthusiasts,the racing experience is more than just getting your money on,only my opinion , something these overpayed underperforming bean counters won’t get.Another nail in the coffin 

The Miramar TAB closing?! I remember it well. A mate of mine's father was the Agent of that Branch back in the 60's. I remember him writing out the tickets and also placing the odd bet for us! My best bet with him from that TAB was on Michael Molloy in the 1967 Wellington Cup. Sadly, the then TAB Operator of the Miramar branch, passed away a few weeks ago. I think he was 95 or 96yo. Memories.....

9 minutes ago, Timon said:

I think Johnsonville's one is still going. i remember taking the kids there when they were nippers. Arrived home and they proceeded to tell my wife they'd been to the "horsey shop"!

It sure is still going, it’s got gaming machines in it these days. 

there's now a petition down at the miramar tab to keep it open a waste of time its all online these days if they were making a bucket load of money  these tabs they wouldnt be closing in the first place

On 5/8/2018 at 8:18 PM, Trump said:

The Miramar TAB closing?! I remember it well. A mate of mine's father was the Agent of that Branch back in the 60's. I remember him writing out the tickets and also placing the odd bet for us! My best bet with him from that TAB was on Michael Molloy in the 1967 Wellington Cup. Sadly, the then TAB Operator of the Miramar branch, passed away a few weeks ago. I think he was 95 or 96yo. Memories.....

Spent a lot if time there. My grandma Maria basically ran it for many years she was loved by her customers. Richard and Beryl Newman were the agents untill the tab took over in around 2007 if I'm not mistaken. They got rid of all private agents. Beryl and Richard also had courtney place and island Bay. Lots of memories

my first job was with miramar tab. my dad started it. one of first 3 to open in around 1950 and they had no phone. 

you had to wait months for a new phone connection no matter who you were andat 4 years old i used to ride my 3 wheal bike up and down part of hobart st some saturdays with info to be rung into tab head office by my mum. went on for about 6 months till finally a phone was connected