RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Seems like fun.....and they say fuck....they’re normal, they’re not old, they’re not fat, they seem like a breath of fresh air to me.

How can that be a bad thing ?

Just out of curiosity, do they involve women in their group ?

Spot on, I had a beer and walk around the sales yesterday with Luke who set the group up. He really has a passion to try new things to get people involved in the industry, his brain constantly going thinking what he can do next. 

And yep there are women involved, I guess the name of the group come from what was just initially a few mates who liked a punt and had a page to discus the punt. 

They should have a standing invite to every race meeting in the country with a promise of cheaper beer and a warm welcome - even if its just a handful who can make some of them.

Passionate and getting a younger crowd thinking about racing on a daily basis with their FB page etc etc etc. Revolutionary outside a few Cup Days etc around the country :rolleyes:

John Allen made a point of mentioning them recently and has met with Luke .... in terms of what the follow up or ongoing initiative is I'm not sure  - but if I was a club or administartor at any of the codes I'd be doing my damnedest to engage

3 hours ago, chelseacol said:

John Allen made a point of mentioning them recently and has met with Luke .... in terms of what the follow up or ongoing initiative is I'm not sure  - but if I was a club or administartor at any of the codes I'd be doing my damnedest to engage

Why is John Allen seemingly endorsing something that is promoting Ladbrokes??? . BGP can do their thing but John Allen gets paid megabucks for running NZ Racing board/TAB not Ladbrokes

17 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Why is John Allen seemingly endorsing something that is promoting Ladbrokes??? . BGP can do their thing but John Allen gets paid megabucks for running NZ Racing board/TAB not Ladbrokes

Yes I've seen the Ladbrokes references on BGP.  I don't think that stops Allen or anyone else being associated with this group. 

His job surely is to make sure the NZ TAB is getting something out of them - they get on course - race horses and bet as much as possible in NZ. And to get ideas how to expand on what this group is doing and engage with a generation who currently don't think about racing as an option ?

Hopefully with all the success and media coverage the BGP group are getting at present they are smart enough to not be sucked in by the industries vultures . Even our TED is worshipped by the group. They are a breathe of fresh air .

I see they have there first runner tomorrow in R3 ,

I wonder what the fees were that NZTR were able to waive for them?

Some special mentions⬇️
-
-The team at NZTR helping us progress the silks and waiving a few fees. 
-Westpac credit cards for the silks. 
-Everyone of you that grabbed a share, got a polo, sends a message, spends your attention in here, yells at me in the street, all of it; we’ve got some pretty cool sh*t on the way for you all!

27 minutes ago, Huey said:

I see they have there first runner tomorrow in R3 ,

I wonder what the fees were that NZTR were able to waive for them?

Some special mentions⬇️
-
-The team at NZTR helping us progress the silks and waiving a few fees. 
-Westpac credit cards for the silks. 
-Everyone of you that grabbed a share, got a polo, sends a message, spends your attention in here, yells at me in the street, all of it; we’ve got some pretty cool sh*t on the way for you all!

I think it was around the cost of registering the colours but I could well be wrong.