RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Ritzy sparkle

He got a warning:lol:

As puha pointed out it’s not a witch hunt it’s the rules...black and white you would expect ,Leah got two weeks ,Chris 3 weeks but a nose back Lammas gets a warning for a cut and dry shocker. Don’t get me wrong , I’m happy he got the slimmest of margins win he didn’t deserve otherwise  but the rules are the rules nO 

Mitigating circumstances Gruff. Andrew Calder the rider of the second horse dropped his whip halfway down the straight and Cameron didn’t hear the other horse coming until right on the post. Where you aware of this?

1 minute ago, gubellini said:

Mitigating circumstances Gruff. Andrew Calder the rider of the second horse dropped his whip halfway down the straight and Cameron didn’t hear the other horse coming until right on the post. Where you aware of this?

To be fair Gubes that is a complete  cop out and no excuse. He failed to ride the horses out and nearly paid the ultimate price for doing so. He looked both left and right and failed to see Fluorobus.

It was a bad error of judgement with the photo finish pixel fortunately going his way to save him from a decent holiday on the side lines. It should be a lesson well learnt not only for Cameron but for all riders. I was horrified watching what happened.    

40 minutes ago, gubellini said:

I admire your loyalty to jockeys Gubs - you consistently support them I've noticed.

But this was undefendable - so glad for him that he held on - but what was he doing sitting up like that if he didnt know what was happening behind him

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Total tosh--what if Calder was only riding hands and heels and not using the whip.

chevy86 that was the total point because Andrew was only riding hands and heels because he dropped his whip at the 300m mark. I was at the Cambridge Trials today and watched all 30 Heats. I was near the winning post and you can hear the whips clearly from the 100m mark. More so on race day! If he had not dropped his whip Cameron would have been alerted much sooner and reacted quicker than he did. I am continually bemused by attacks on jockeys. As I have previously stated on other threads at least 15 jockeys have ridden horses I have shares in during the last year and I cannot fault any of their rides. At Waipa tomorrow Sam Spratt is riding one I have a share in. She has never ridden one for me before. I guarantee I will not criticise her ride! Jockeys are professionals and they all are doing their best.

Gubes you are missing the point. If Cameron had ridden his mount out instead of sitting up there would have been no need for any alert nor any subsequent secondary reaction. If that pixel had not been in his favour and Fluorobus had got the call all hell would have broken loose. I am sure that apprentice mentor Mr Harris would be showing the video to the apprentices at riding school.  A perfect example of what not to do. 

Jockey's are no different to other sports people who can be good one day and awful the next, make good decisions and bad decisions. As an owner you take the good with the bad but you must indeed be blessed not being able to fault any of the rides on your horses at all. A rarity indeed I would say. :)    

48 minutes ago, gubellini said:

chevy86 that was the total point because Andrew was only riding hands and heels because he dropped his whip at the 300m mark. I was at the Cambridge Trials today and watched all 30 Heats. I was near the winning post and you can hear the whips clearly from the 100m mark. More so on race day! If he had not dropped his whip Cameron would have been alerted much sooner and reacted quicker than he did. I am continually bemused by attacks on jockeys. As I have previously stated on other threads at least 15 jockeys have ridden horses I have shares in during the last year and I cannot fault any of their rides. At Waipa tomorrow Sam Spratt is riding one I have a share in. She has never ridden one for me before. I guarantee I will not criticise her ride! Jockeys are professionals and they all are doing their best.

Gubes my point was why the hell should riders be required to whip their horses just so that those who have lost focus can hear them coming. I knew Calder had lost his whip, but equally the horse may have been doing it's best hands and heels.

8 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Gubes you are missing the point. If Cameron had ridden his mount out instead of sitting up there would have been no need for any alert nor any subsequent secondary reaction. If that pixel had not been in his favour and Fluorobus had got the call all hell would have broken loose. I am sure that apprentice mentor Mr Harris would be showing the video to the apprentices at riding school.  A perfect example of what not to do. 

Jockey's are no different to other sports people who can be good one day and awful the next, make good decisions and bad decisions. As an owner you take the good with the bad but you must indeed be blessed not being able to fault any of the rides on your horses at all. A rarity indeed I would say. :)    

Thanks Ted. We all make mistakes in our workplace! The difference with our jobs is that hundreds of people are not watching our every move and condemning us- often speaking through their pockets!

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Thanks Ted. We all make mistakes in our workplace! The difference with our jobs is that hundreds of people are not watching our every move and condemning us- often speaking through their pockets!

They have a financial interest they should have a right nO?  If Cameron’s pixel turned bad would it still be acceptable to talk through my pocket Gube? It’s a tough gig, there are a pile  of variables and jockeys normally get the benefit of the doubt anyway,and a mistake in the workplace still gets the same critique.Condemnation maybe a little exaggerated ? Go Suliman :)

21 hours ago, gubellini said:

I guarantee I will not criticise her ride! Jockeys are professionals and they all are doing their best.

Constructive criticism is never a bad thing Gubes and we should always remember, in racing, as in rugby for example, there are split-second decisions to be made that may fly in the face of any pre-conceived plans. I also believe though that not all jockeys suit all horses regardless of their ability. I have had a top jockey ride three times a horse I have an interest in. The result? Three excuses. Maybe a victim of circumstance to a degree but you simply don't take a back-runner to the front in a 2200m race. Brain fade? Call it what you like.Another jockey has ridden the horse twice for a win and a second and ridden very differently so, as I say, regardless of the ability of the jockey, none is everything to every horse and we have a propensity to think our horse has a chance every time it runs which is generally not possible. In the case above, had Lammas got beaten that way on my horse and despite the fact I'm a pretty placid fellow, I would have kicked his arse until his nose bled and felt justified in so doing. But he won so all's well with the world. Great game this!!

Crikey Blue, seeing something you’ve backed go forward knowing it’s against its pattern is only good if it wins :) but normally there’s pressure when this happens and your left scratching your balls. Fix is a good example of changed pattern, knowing stepping up over ground the good ol kiwi walk sprint wouldn’t work with him so they went forward with great results. From memory Goolay was another :o

23 hours ago, gubellini said:

Sheeznoteasy sometimes Gubes ;)  Good run. :)