RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

SURREY

7 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Surrey by High Chaparral--Makybe Diva having first start over 1600 at Matamata.

5year old gelding trained by the Rogersons.

Owner G.Rogerson.Was part of 4/5 horse package that shares were offered in.

Should stay all day and half the night.

Future Melbourne Cup winner you reckon Crusty...? They have certainly given it time.....

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Future Melbourne Cup winner you reckon Crusty...? They have certainly given it time.....

My thoughts exactly...but for whatever reason,  6yo first starter and super impressive trial winner.

You just spoiled the price Crusty !

4 hours ago, porky said:

My thoughts exactly...but for whatever reason,  6yo first starter and super impressive trial winner.

You just spoiled the price Crusty !

Not 6 yet Porky, but nearer 6 than 5 ...knowing nothing about the horse (partially because mainstream media coverage if racing is so poor these days).. Id speculate that the only reason it hasn't starter earlier is injury/illness or both ... I bet the connections are hoping like hell it wont need to run over 2 miles to be a winner! 

3 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Few half decent bred horses in that race -

Resurgent's dam is Popsy

Reliable Lad - Fiorenza

St Verde - St Germaine

might be others

from a quick peek... Claddagh (race 3) debutant by O'Reilly out of Love Diamonds, who was a daughter of Tristalove (Matamata Breeders and AJC Sires Produce Sks etc) ...who was daughter of Diamond Lover ...will be interesting to see if it's got some of the (Eight Carat) family's motor!

8 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Few half decent bred horses in that race -

Resurgent's dam is Popsy

4 May, 2013 10:44am
 3 minutes to read
Hawkes Bay Today

By: Patrick O'Sullivan

Kelt was a half-owner of Keltern Stud with his sister Susan Foote but the business was placed into liquidation in March .

Mrs Foote took action after Kelt failed to acknowledge that $313,213 paid to the stud from Mrs Foote's family inheritance was in fact a loan.

I see Popsy survived and  Kelt is back in ownership of Resurgent...5 years later.  

5 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Have to admit that it was no tip,just an observation from a non participant (since 14/4/14) in the world of gambling.

Impressive win...but let's drill down a tad...it was only a Matamata maiden on a near heavy track, beating nothing of any consequence.. yet one G Rogerson has already stated:

“I’ve never had a maiden as good as him,” Graeme Rogerson said. “He’ll probably have two more runs this time and then we’ll see what happens.

Question 1: has Rogie REALLY never had a maiden as good as him?

Question 2 How good is Surrey?

“He might be back over there for the first Tuesday in November – I think he’s that good."

Confidence, indeed from the old master, who has so many Group winners on his resume that you have to give him credit! Or at least listen to what his opinion of th ehorse is.

The same Rogie who said Ferrando was "that good" he was headed for the TJ Smith a year or so ago. (At least Ferrando at the time was winning them in a row at Metro level!)

In my view ..don't believe half of what you read in the paper / NZRacing website....

I'd love Surrey to be the next Makybe Diva ... and if he's not it'd be great if he ever raced at Flemington on Cup Day.

Clever old Rogie is still sharp enough NOT to say that Surrey might be in the Melbourne Cup...only that he might be "over there for the first Tuesday in November".

Its really just another example of nonsense 'news' and Rogie would have done better to tone it dowb and just say: "Nice start, good future for him.. wouldn't it be great if he became good enough to race at Flemington on Cup Day?"

59 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Impressive win...but let's drill down a tad...it was only a Matamata maiden on a near heavy track, beating nothing of any consequence.. yet one G Rogerson has already stated:

“I’ve never had a maiden as good as him,” Graeme Rogerson said. “He’ll probably have two more runs this time and then we’ll see what happens.

“He might be back over there for the first Tuesday in November – I think he’s that good."

Confidence, indeed from the old master, who has so many Group winners on his resume that you have to give him credit! Or at least listen to what his opinion of th ehorse is.

The same Rogie who said Ferrando was "that good" he was headed for the TJ Smith a year or so ago. (At least Ferrando at the time was winning them in a row at Metro level!)

In my view ..don't believe half of what you read in the paper / NZRacing website....

I'd love Surrey to be the next Makybe Diva ... and if he's not it'd be great if he ever raced at Flemington on Cup Day.

Clever old Rogie is still sharp enough NOT to say that Surrey might be in the Melbourne Cup...only that he might be "over there for the first Tuesday in November".

Its really just another example of nonsense 'news' and Rogie would have done better to tone it dowb and just say: "Nice start, good future for him.. wouldn't it be great if he became good enough to race at Flemington on Cup Day?"

I think it' just Rogie been Rogie. NZ's version of Gai Waterhouse. Still waiting for his Mosque is the next Savabeel comments to eventuate.

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

You after trainers Weasel ? First Roger James now Rogie...??? The latter is well known for over hyping horses but he gets it right every now and then....remember him spruiking Savabeel ? Don't know if Surrey will make it to Melbourne, he has a lot to do before then, but it would be great if a son of the three time Cup winner made the race.....a marketing mans dream......;)

13 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You after trainers Weasel ? First Roger James now Rogie...??? The latter is well known for over hyping horses but he gets it right every now and then....remember him spruiking Savabeel ? Don't know if Surrey will make it to Melbourne, he has a lot to do before then, but it would be great if a son of the three time Cup winner made the race.....a marketing mans dream......;)

not 

after' trainers..just putting up a warning sign to the gullible! I hope Surrey is the real deal, just would prefer the Rogies of the training world to keep it real...

Rogie certainly is a character - I don't mind it actually.

Sold one of my best mates and I into an unraced two year old when we were drunk on red wine after the Grand National Luncheon one year when he was guest speaker (and a very good one).

Told us she would win a good 2yo race - she was no champ but she won 2 including a G3 and we got to some good race meetings.

I hope I have his passion and enthusiasm still when I'm a bit older.

Not a dig, but I always remember Rogie talking up Baldovino after winning the Rating 80 or 85 mile on the first day of the Hastings carnival a few years ago, 3 from 3. He said something along the lines of "Best ive ever had, will win the group 1 in two weeks". Came out and ran last and the horse seemed to loose its way a little bit after that Group 1 start, cant remember it starting in open company again. Hope he just takes his time and works his way through the grades with this bloke, seems to have some of mums talent.

Unconquered was his "best ever" also. See he now has it in Singapore. Dangerous to talk up horses of all things, but I don't find it offensive coming from Rogie as he can't help it--spent too long in Oz.

Interesting range of comment ..oved the one from Tauhei re Cup Hurdle...a mate of mine won the Cup Hurdle one year and they went quick over the 3200m... one second slower than the Cup later that afternoon! With about 13 fences along the way...they don't slow down for em over there.