RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Scallywag

cwj

29 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

=have a look at the Marlborough cup cwj got 3 weeks for failing to ride assign out `ran third beaten a fleas foreskin 'very harsh penalty 3 weeks really///

I take it you didn't back Assign in the qu Scallywag ?

For all his talent etc I'm afraid he can throw in rides where he is very "casual" (can't quite think of the right word there)

12 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I take it you didn't back Assign in the qu Scallywag ?

For all his talent etc I'm afraid he can throw in rides where he is very "casual" (can't quite think of the right word there)

He does lack a bit of vigour in finishes at times Col. Only he would know if the horse is doing its best.

I watched the race live on tv and thought he had stuffed up. The replay confirmed it.

The problem I thought was more that he didn't ride it out with much vigour in the last 50m. The whip wasn't as big a deal I didn't think.

I'm afraid for Chris this is an issue that will come up from time to time because of the way he rides - when it goes right everyone will laud him as a genius. When this happens there is a consequence.

It is very simple - ride your mount to the line if a chance of a dividend position. Look at photo finish - he is bolt upright.

Is 3 weeks fair? Yes. Either that or make him pay the lost prizemoney and losing bets! It should NEVER happen, and hopefully it is a deterrent for the future.

a fine be way better for the game=half to the injuried jockeys fund and the rest to the board or where ever it goes'probly with the unclaim tickets love to see that account too======

I looked at the replay. In my opinion only the suspension is fair. I think Mr Johnson is a fantastic jockey however if he rode his mount out fully and with the same vigour from the top of the straight to the winning line his mount would have probably got second. I didn't have a bet in the race but if I had a punt and assign was my anchor in a quinelle I would have felt let down. Irrespective or how Mr Johnson normally rides, I think its very clear from the replay he did not ride with the same vigour towards the line as he was at the top of the straight and there doesn't appear to be any commentary to suggest there were concerns on his mount were he had to ease up. 

Probably similar to D.Bradleys ride in the Anzac Mile last week. Only difference was D.B luckily hung on for the win else he’d have gone for a skate longer than C.J.

Leo with respect I think the issue highlighted here is not cwj use of whip, but rather the vigour shown in the final 50 meters or so before the post. Especially when you compare how he was approaching the turn and at the top of straight, clear difference can be seen . I agree largely with what u say on use of the whip and I prefer Mr Johnsons style of riding and soft hands, I'm sure the horses appreciate it too. But I think mr Johnson is guilty of sitting up a Lil early on assign. 

hard to tell but reckon he was 2nd a stride before the post and next hop 3rd .both horses ran the same time 2.06.08\interesting   but got beat anose;;;.hard to ride for one stride'''''still way to much time out '''heard laking got 3 weeks for wrong stripps/really [[[[ don't want to have no jockeys left ;may have to put a stipe up aye ;;;wheres neal ?MAY NOT MAKE THE WEIGHT

2 hours ago, Insider said:

Rumpole, why aren’t you appealing. Based on the “expert” opinion on here it seems a 50/50 call at worst. 

You can only assume they suspended due to ‘comparitive’ Rides with Rosie Myers throwing the  kitchen sink at her horse,a horse that on straightening was two lens behind Assign at the turn while Chris was at his most vigorous,you could argue his horse wasn’t responding to his urgings given his horse was headed 100 m later.They said he ‘relaxed’ his ride yet there was very little evidence suggesting his horse gave up under him as a result and that was after being collared from the horse behind :blink: The stipes never said a word about the farcical 1.31 1400m lead in Overtherivers first day win,the maiden race previous was run 4 Len quicker yet find something in this.Go figure.Dont think it takes an ‘expert’ insider you just need to be paying attention

1 hour ago, puha said:

Leah Hemi received a two week suspension yesterday for a similar offence . It’s not a witch hunt the rules are just being applied . 

Just watched the replay.....your shitting me, there is nothing Leah could of done to get that horse going quicker,Poor ol Lammas will get 6 months compared to that

16 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Just watched the replay.....your shitting me, there is nothing Leah could of done to get that horse going quicker,Poor ol Lammas will get 6 months compared to that

Lammas got a warning - unbelievable

6 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Lammas got a warning - unbelievable

Spikey what’s going on. These stipes are brain dead ....jape?  I wonder if the people related to the decision makers here are involved in the implementation of Ramp lights in Auckland :blink:

42 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Have to agree really . Went straight to the lead and was given no peace in front. Coming up the rise was clearly headed by the first 3 home and missed 4th by a nose . Harsh way to lose a couple of weeks income.