RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Maximus

Herald article today on Hanger

Quote:

Hanger was beaten by a bare nose by Power O'Hata in the Breeders Stakes but would have won clearly had Leith Innes been able to extract him from behind horses earlier in the home straight.

The lengths of Hanger's last two strides to almost get the win were remarkable.

"And if you roll the vision on a further 300m, he's 20 lengths clear of the others," said trainer Roger James. A wonderful sign.   

Comment:

How far ahead of the others Hanger was 300m past the post is meaningless - were the other horses being pulled up or had already done so? (I'd certainly hope so, the race was over!)

Clearly a good horse in the making, but perhaps someone cn explain what Roger James meant by that remark ...

Quote:

Hanger was beaten by a bare nose by Power O'Hata in the Breeders Stakes but would have won clearly had Leith Innes been able to extract him from behind horses earlier in the home straight.

"And if you roll the vision on a further 300m, he's 20 lengths clear of the others," said trainer Roger James. A wonderful sign.   

Comment:

How far ahead of the others Hanger was 300m past the post is meaningless - were the other horses being pulled up or had already done so? (I'd certainly hope so, the race was over!)

Clearly a good horse in the making, but perhaps someone can explain what Roger James meant by that remark ...

Hard times ?? Depends what your definition of "hard times" is....

Someone that has trained over 1000 winners in NZ ( including 5 Derbies ), over 45 in Australia and 28 Group wins...?

Has 20 winners this season and some decent quality in the current team including a potential topliner in Sheriff, Hanger, Rondinella and Concert Hall among others....?

As for bad yearling purchases,, who gets it right every time ? That Savabeel filly he bought at Karaka was something special and it will be interesting to see her when she does step out.

Interesting replies thus far from p4p and Ohokaman.

I don't know Roger personally or much detail of his success, apart from Silent Achiever ...but I do know that my eyebrows were raised quite sharply by that quote from him in todays Herald...if he'd said something like "the jock couldn't pull him up, he was going so quick at the end" well, fair enough... but the reported comment just sounds plain DUMB nonsense. 

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Please at least read what I write.

I said “in recent years”, so tell me what he’s done in recent years, and remove those home breds ( Sherrif, Concert Hall & Rondinella ) from your list too.

As for not getting it right every time, really ?? I do, so why can’t he, he does often profess to be an expert in his field so he should get it right more often than not..

The truth is he’s a very average trainer these days, and he’s a waffler who doesn’t know how good or bad his horses are, so he pumps them all up, then gets egg all over his face.

Does he even have any decent old horses ? Any WFA horses or top handicappers, I can’t think of one. That tells me he either buys duds or breaks what he has got down.

Give me Baker / Forsman, Marsh, McKee, Richards / Autrudge ( and a dozen others  ..any day 

Jeez, you come across as a sad little narcissist at times. Forget the personality involved, RJ's record over a long period deserves some credit. Might be worth reading this page just to remind yourself of things you have obviously forgotten. Things may have been lean lately but he seems to have some quality coming through again. And Sheriffs half brother Von Tunzelman isn't half bad either..

https://www.kingsclerestables.co.nz/roll-of-honour.html

51 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Jeez, you come across as a sad little narcissist at times. Forget the personality involved, RJ's record over a long period deserves some credit. Might be worth reading this page just to remind yourself of things you have obviously forgotten. Things may have been lean lately but he seems to have some quality coming through again. And Sheriffs half brother Von Tunzelman isn't half bad either..

https://www.kingsclerestables.co.nz/roll-of-honour.html

not "at times"....always

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You’re obviously experienced in such matters.

I often giggle at this ( Trackside etc ) rubbish about what a horse did “after the line”, that’s all about adrenaline and fear, as I said previously the intelligent horses ( most good ones are ) switch off and ease up the second they feel the jockey stand up in the irons 

Out of curiosity I went back to check these two “extraordinary” strides the horse allegedly took late in the race, they don’t exist either.

I think this is a case of a bull shitting dreamer feeding useless hyped disinformation to an aging idiot.

Why can’t they measure their words more carefully as most good trainers do, something along the lines of “ he’s a nice horse with a decent future if he improves over the winter”.

If you recall poundy they couldn’t pull up Green moon after the beaten run in the cox,which gave the Williams team a lot more confidence going into a successful Melbourne Cup . As far as Hangar is concerned he is just confirming earlier potential to be a top liner. Exciting

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Quote:

Comment:

Clearly a good horse in the making, but perhaps someone can explain what Roger James meant by that remark ...

Probably got a bit carried away in the moment Weasel....no doubt regretting it seeing the words in print....;)

Suspect he meant that there was an indication that the horse would go over more ground in future...hence the "wonderful sign" comment.

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You’re obviously experienced in such matters.

I often giggle at this ( Trackside etc ) rubbish about what a horse did “after the line”, that’s all about adrenaline and fear, as I said previously the intelligent horses ( most good ones are ) switch off and ease up the second they feel the jockey stand up in the irons 

Out of curiosity I went back to check these two “extraordinary” strides the horse allegedly took late in the race, they don’t exist either.

I think this is a case of a bull shitting dreamer feeding useless hyped disinformation to an aging idiot.

Why can’t they measure their words more carefully as most good trainers do, something along the lines of “ he’s a nice horse with a decent future if he improves over the winter”.

Leo he has a pretty decent record, and your opinions are yours and you are entitled to them ,but you are a bit harsh on one of the better trainers in NZ I would of thought. maybe recently things have been a bit lean but he has trained a few decent ones in the past... cheers.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Another home bred, do your homework before you hit the keyboard, and google narcissist so you understand what it means and you don’t make yourself look stupid.

I’m stating facts, he’s an average trainer nowadays ( and I hardly ever criticise trainers or jockeys ).

I know what it means even if you don't....fits you perfectly.

The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder include: grandiose sense of importance, preoccupation with unlimited success, belief that one is special and unique, exploitative of others, lack of empathy, arrogance, and jealousy of others. These symptoms cause significant distress in a person's life.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

As I said “in recent times”, name his good horses that he’s bought in the last five ( make it ten ) years, and he buys plenty  

Go to the NZB site, check what he buys, how many, what he pays for them, then name the good horses he’s had in the last ten years ( not the homebreds thanks Ohopelessman, there’s a big difference ).

I’m just stating facts, you’re welcome to prove me wrong but I’m not a knocker of trainers or jockeys, but in this instance I’m 100% correct. He’s a pretender and a waffler these days, but to his credit he was a good trainer fifteen to twenty years ago.

Didn't Sheriff win the Manawatu Classic and Von Tunzleman the Kaimai Stakes in 2018 ?

Didn't The Hassler win the Championship Stakes before being sold overseas in 2016 ?

Didn't Silent Achiever win the BMW, Tancred and NZ Stakes in 2014 ??

Seems to me he isn't washed up just yet.

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Home breds mostly......you’re struggling aren’t you ?..... the truth is that he buys plenty and 97.3% of them are no good.

Bear in mind that if they don’t wear those pink chequered colours they’re usually home breds and not sale purchases.

Now stick to the facts please.

Getting back to the absurd article written by the village idiot, can you comment on those “ two “ alleged amazing closing strides the horse put in.

I already have if you followed the posts. A silly comment he no doubt regrets.

On 4/30/2018 at 8:23 AM, weasel57 said:

Quote:

Comment:

Clearly a good horse in the making, but perhaps someone cn explain what Roger James meant by that remark ...

Nice price, loves 1400m and the True enough The Mitigator form looked Ok. 

013FEDD6-9000-457F-8163-A354846EEA73.png