RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Steve Donovan

Cinematic

Unbelievable that our mare, which we had almost given up on a few months ago should win three straight races. Never owned a horse that won three on the spin before. Great training effort form Richard Collett and his team and young Kavish the 4Kg claimer has been a revelation! 

She has won enough money and has some black type, I haven't looked at the rest of the family, but it is foremost in my mind when racing fillies or mares. Good luck for both ways.

3 hours ago, Steve Donovan said:

Unbelievable that our mare, which we had almost given up on a few months ago should win three straight races. Never owned a horse that won three on the spin before. Great training effort form Richard Collett and his team and young Kavish the 4Kg claimer has been a revelation! 

You can't beat that buzz of winning race, and you will be on cloud nine winning 3 on the bounce, a wise man told me years ago, never condemn a horse till its dead.

1 hour ago, skoozi said:

She has won enough money and has some black type, I haven't looked at the rest of the family, but it is foremost in my mind when racing fillies or mares. Good luck for both ways.

She has a decent page actually, we were considering selling her as there is a syndicate involved and establishing a fair price is not so easy. However, we may actually give her another year and try and "fluke" some better black type.

https://nzb.co.nz/sales/pedigree.cfm?sale_id=205&lot=367

I'd marked that page too, didn't put 2 & 2 together at the time. She has a lot of half sisters by a range of sires so good potential for enhancing that page. Selling her at auction is the most transparent way to dissolve a syndicate or partnership. I was at the MM sale when Princess Coup went under the hammer !

23 minutes ago, skoozi said:

I'd marked that page too, didn't put 2 & 2 together at the time. She has a lot of half sisters by a range of sires so good potential for enhancing that page. Selling her at auction is the most transparent way to dissolve a syndicate or partnership. I was at the MM sale when Princess Coup went under the hammer !

Fortunately our syndicate are all still good friends!  We shall see, I would like to breed from her, but as we all know its normally  short way to lose money!

18 minutes ago, Steve Donovan said:

Fortunately our syndicate are all still good friends!  We shall see, I would like to breed from her, but as we all know its normally  short way to lose money!

Some have great success in the breeding barn, agreeing on a stallion is another thing entirely.

Congratulations on the hat-trick, Steve. The claim certainly helps if/when the claimer gets it right.

From what I can see Cinematic is best over 1200m horse who doesn't half mind some give in the ground and has run decent time on a Good3 in Metro class..

Cross your fingers for further improvement (and soundness, of course) and there could be some exciting times ahead in the Spring/Summer sprints for you.