RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

New Stallions 2018

19 hours ago, Huey said:

2013 his last year in NZ

Windsor Park Stud 2013 stallion fees

Rip Van Winkle

$18,000

Mastercraftsman

$17,500

Pour Moi

$16,000

Falkirk

$8,000

TheWayYouAre

$7,500

Guillotine

$7,000

Cheers Huey

13 hours ago, Louise said:

Stands Coolmore Ireland 25,000 Euro 2018

Thanks for the correction Louise. I was obviously getting mixed up with one of the other stallions that shuttled down here which ended up in Turkey.

Just looking at stud websites on this miserable day..... I see Grangewiiliam are standing Derryn (Hinchinbrook/Muhnro (Lohnro) $5k or if you pay $10k you get lifetime breeding rights for 2 mares 2018-2020 then one mare for lifetime of the stallion check out www.gwstud.com

16 minutes ago, Louise said:

Just looking at stud websites on this miserable day..... I see Grangewiiliam are standing Derryn (Hinchinbrook/Muhnro (Lohnro) $5k or if you pay $10k you get lifetime breeding rights for 2 mares 2018-2020 then one mare for lifetime of the stallion check out www.gwstud.com

Lovely pedigree (family of Snippets and Forensics) and a very fast horse , looks promising.

https://www.gwstud.com/derryn

1 hour ago, Tomjr said:

That's right, however if that was everything then Haradasun would have had heaps of support, weren't many better (and what a family)

That is not quite how it was. Haradasun had a quite a few crops in Australia on the ground racing before he came to stud in NZ!!

Selling a sire who has had no runners is very very different to a sire who has had runners!!!!

Haradasun did 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 is Australia before coming to NZ in 2014.

So my experience is that Australian's remember the performances of a horse in the better Aussie Group One races unless they have not quite done it at stud first!

5 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

That is not quite how it was. Haradasun had a quite a few crops in Australia on the ground racing before he came to stud in NZ!!

Selling a sire who has had no runners is very very different to a sire who has had runners!!!!

Haradasun did 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 is Australia before coming to NZ in 2014.

So my experience is that Australian's remember the performances of a horse in the better Aussie Group One races unless they have not quite done it at stud first!

Agree and as exciting as this stallion is, the Australians have this type of stallion in abundance already with Hellbent, Invader,Supido and Russian Revolution all going to stud this year fitting the bill, he certainly looks a go at his fee in NZ however.

3 hours ago, Huey said:

Agree and as exciting as this stallion is, the Australians have this type of stallion in abundance already with Hellbent, Invader,Supido and Russian Revolution all going to stud this year fitting the bill, he certainly looks a go at his fee in NZ however.

Would compare him to maybe Supido, the others look on a different page demand and appeal wise.

Russian Revolution a dual G1 winner (by the leading sire Snitzel) and standing at over $50,000 , Invader by Australias current leading sire (Snitzel) and a G1 winner and Hellbent by the current 2nd position and in fashion sire (I Am Invincible) and also a G1 winner which is super important commercially.

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

Would compare him to maybe Supido, the others look on a different page demand and appeal wise.

Russian Revolution a dual G1 winner (by the leading sire Snitzel) and standing at over $50,000 , Invader by Australias current leading sire (Snitzel) and a G1 winner and Hellbent by the current 2nd position and in fashion sire (I Am Invincible) and also a G1 winner which is super important commercially.

The point I'm trying to make is his form is over shorter distance, he has a reasonable hot pedigree and that something that appears to be quite available in Aus. I'm certainly not comparing them on fee . Don't know why you wouldn't include Supido under that scenario? 

3 hours ago, BruceL said:

Sorry misread your first part.

9 hours ago, La Zip said:

From memory, Fimiston was the sire of the amazing sprinter from WA, Placid Ark... but again, why would you? 

again $2k for a son of RC for breed to race crowd, why not?

He's by Redoute's Choice out of a G1 winning mare but to be fair it stops there, 

21 starts and the only black type is a 2nd in a Dunedin Guineas, not exactly any race form!

Why was he such a cheap yearling purchase? I think I read somewhere that was only $80,000 (for a Redoute's Choice colt out of a G1 winning mare), bad X-Rays?, ordinary type? would be interested to know.

3 hours ago, BruceL said:

He's by Redoute's Choice out of a G1 winning mare but to be fair it stops there, 

21 starts and the only black type is a 2nd in a Dunedin Guineas, not exactly any race form!

Why was he such a cheap yearling purchase? I think I read somewhere that was only $80,000 (for a Redoute's Choice colt out of a G1 winning mare), bad X-Rays?, ordinary type? would be interested to know.

He was passed in as a yearling through Inglis for $140k with a reserve of $160k -  I'm pretty sure we can reel off countless Stallions with million dollar race records who've failed at stud good luck to them.

1 hour ago, Louise said:

He was passed in as a yearling through Inglis for $140k with a reserve of $160k -  I'm pretty sure we can reel off countless Stallions with million dollar race records who've failed at stud good luck to them.

Just read that he was a $90,000 yearling purchase (NZ Thoroughbred Breeder's press release) so may have been privately. Of course you can just "getting a gage on the 'type of horse he is as he had such a low reserve for the way he is bred", the hardest thing will be getting mares, might serve a small book of mares probably owned by the owner of the stallion (he was a major shareholder) and good luck to him, he realistically is a private stallion.

He is standing at a very low fee from which he deserves to, might get the odd winner and thats about all they would be hoping for.

Stud vet fees and agistment are included in the $2,000 service fee so nearly standing for free