RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

New Stallions 2018

He is an impressive looking animal, pretty smart on the racetrack, certainly leaves his stamp on his offspring, should be useful over Danehill line mares, I can't see the downside to Sweet Orange, or am I missing something?

On 7/3/2018 at 3:12 PM, Huey said:

Whilst not new I see Sweet Orange is to return to Highview this breeding season. Has had a few promising types trial.

found out his owner  was  going  give 40 mares to him   when he was in aussie  but died shortly before got  there  and the mares  went to aquuis  stallions  instead  

El Doute

I bought him at the June MM sales, same venue that I bought Enzo's Lad Gp1 and LR winner, Montoya Star and others.

He is an upstanding  good looking son of RC with a great temperament and when with Chris Waller ran a class record winning at Rosehill 1.22.23 under 58.0 kgs

Put in a very good run in Gp1 Levin Classic when 5th and was second favourite at one stage for NZ Derby. Did win twice at 2, one of only three 2 year old winners worldwide sired by RC that year

I think he is a real chance especially for those wanting to breed to race to sell, outlay is only $2,000 no vet or grazing find me another stallion  in NZ by a champion sire out of high class Gp1 winning mare standing at such a realistic fee

His 14 starts in NZ yielded 4 wins  from 1100m to 1400m

Breeding for the knacker! 1-22, they run that in b75's all he time over here, two grand up in smoke...spin is fine, we are used to it, rewarding mediocrity is another thing. Good racehorse, maybe, but to stand at stud, no way Jose.

6 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Breeding for the knacker! 1-22, they run that in b75's all he time over here, two grand up in smoke...spin is fine, we are used to it, rewarding mediocrity is another thing. Good racehorse, maybe, but to stand at stud, no way Jose.

$2k no vets no grazing to breed a racehorse , great value if you're breeding to race.

Elvstroem ran 1.22 and change when he won the CF Orr Stakes , wasn't a bad stallion that ran second to him, not sure of the track condition.

Huey, they run 1-22 in flaming maidens here in Oz! they run 56 for 1000 at Kembla in a maiden....holy moley, breeding to race is one thing, but so many will not even make it to the races, trial, tail out and get sacked, and you know where to don't you? poor buggers, try to improve your product Huey, not weaken it.......SI used to be strong, Mellay, Noble Bijou, Gatekeeper,Burgundy who was sent north for God's sake...... just to name a few, wonderful stallions, but to justify a two thousand dollar service fee when your racing is in such a poor state, no go zone Huey, think it through.....you're a clever bugger, you know it makes sense.

5 hours ago, La Zip said:

Huey, they run 1-22 in flaming maidens here in Oz! they run 56 for 1000 at Kembla in a maiden....holy moley, breeding to race is one thing, but so many will not even make it to the races, trial, tail out and get sacked, and you know where to don't you? poor buggers, try to improve your product Huey, not weaken it.......SI used to be strong, Mellay, Noble Bijou, Gatekeeper,Burgundy who was sent north for God's sake...... just to name a few, wonderful stallions, but to justify a two thousand dollar service fee when your racing is in such a poor state, no go zone Huey, think it through.....you're a clever bugger, you know it makes sense.

Burgundy never stood in the Sth Island, think you mean Highly Recommended.

both Noble Bijou & Mellay turned out pretty good stallions and their race records were worse than El Doute......he at least has some pedigree being by a champion sire and sire of sires out of a group 1 winner......

11 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

both Noble Bijou & Mellay turned out pretty good stallions and their race records were worse than El Doute......he at least has some pedigree being by a champion sire and sire of sires out of a group 1 winner......

If you want to make comments like that, please read this, it says it all in answer to your 'silly' observation, facts don't lie.;

When filly triple crown heroine Meld delivered a colt by dual Classic winner Never Say Die in 1961 there must have been high hopes for his future, but a bone problem meant that his future did not include a racing career.  Mellay, as he was called, was not going to appeal as a stallion in Britain or Ireland, but New Zealand had long provided an outlet for well-bred horses surplus to requirements at home, and away he went as a four-year-old to the Anderton family’s White Robe Lodge Stud in Mosgiel, in the south island.

There were no great expectations for Mellay there, but he duly became highly successful, heading the sires’ list on two occasions.  He died at the early age of 13, and his second title was earned posthumously in the 1976-77 season, when his stock broke a 30-year-old record, registering 133 victories.  He was renowned as a sire of stamina, his daughter Princess Mellay exhibiting that quality significantly when she became the first dual winner of the two-mile New Zealand Cup.  In her second win her runner-up was Trelay, also by Mellay.  The sire also got a Caulfield Cup winner in Swell Time and an Auckland Cup heroine in Rose Mellay.

Ironically, Mellay’s success down under was a factor in the transfer to Australia of Meld’s outstanding son, Derby and Coronation Cup victor Charlottown in 1976.  The Classic star never matched the record of his unraced half-brother at stud.

An unraced horse of impeccable lineage had done the trick once for White Robe Lodge, so why not try the same ruse again?  Noble Bijou was about as well-bred as a horse could be in the 1970s, a son of Vaguely Noble out of Priceless Gem, the dam of Allez France.  But he was desperately unsound and there was never going to be a chance of his having a racing career.  Like Mellay, he found the ideal home in New Zealand, and he enjoyed much of his success with the products of Mellay mares.   I saw plenty of Noble Bijou’s stock in action on a visit to New Zealand, and they were uniformly tough, honest individuals, competitive on any ground, typically best at distances beyond a mile.

Noble Bijou headed the sires’ table four times, the first three consecutively, and in the 1992-93 season he notched an amazing double, also finishing on top of the broodmare sires’ list.  Among his progeny were 65 stakes winners, including a Horse of the Year in The Phantom, whose brother The Phantom Chance, successful in a Cox Plate, was a joint-champion Australasian three-year-old.  One of his daughters delivered Melbourne Cup victor Tawriffic.

my comment that "at least has some pedigree" was in response to your inane comment that he didn't deserve to stand at stud because......well I'm not sure why....you rabbited on about Kembla maidens...……….while his race record was only average he at least has some pedigree...not like half the imposters who retire to stud in Oz at highly inflated prices. So at least he has a head start over both Mellay and Noble Bijou who both had great pedigrees but were both unraced...

You said he has a better race record, now you are backtracking, the other two legends were unraced, his pedigree can't hold a candle to the other two, and as for Kembla maidens, when you spruke times, every thing is relative, 1-22 means zilch, it's a good time but not eye raising, you want to talk times, use Dalghar.....fastest horse to go to NZ over 1400, 1-18 at Longchamp, now that's eye raising, and he stands for not much at all, value personified......no more from me on this, I just hate to see horses head to the knacker or shot in the back paddock, and indiscriminate breeding promotes that.

no more from you on this because your argument is so full of holes you could shove Australia through it...….and having A winning race record is having a better race record than no race record....and I think it was you using the race time argument......obviously haven't given out the pills to you this morning?

3 hours ago, La Zip said:

You said he has a better race record, now you are backtracking, the other two legends were unraced, his pedigree can't hold a candle to the other two, and as for Kembla maidens, when you spruke times, every thing is relative, 1-22 means zilch, it's a good time but not eye raising, you want to talk times, use Dalghar.....fastest horse to go to NZ over 1400, 1-18 at Longchamp, now that's eye raising, and he stands for not much at all, value personified......no more from me on this, I just hate to see horses head to the knacker or shot in the back paddock, and indiscriminate breeding promotes that.

Are you claiming Dalghar to be a success story at stud based on his 1400m time?

From the limited opportunities NZ provides for a stallion like Dalghar, I don't think he has done too badly. His time was used as an analogy Huey, if someone wants to boast about running time, then surely Dalghar can't be beaten? His stock are not at their best on heavy ground, Scott Base could be anything, he got two fabulous fillies, Miss Dalghar and Blue Shadow, they both have issues, his best of course was Astara, who was absolutely ruined, NZ's fastest ever 2yo over a mile breaking the track record at Ellerslie for 2yo's....., sent to Oz and crucified.......was a wonderful free going front runner, turned into a backmarker being asked to run home in 32's from where she was being positioned just to run a place? idiots in Australia too Huey.......Her demise a tragedy for her Sire.

4 hours ago, Huey said:

I just noticed Mulaazem a half brother to Sepoy standing at Stud in Marton for $4k , looks like he has some runners and winners in Aus already.

Analysis by Crop

Crop Foals Rnrs Wnrs Wins SW (GW) SWs(GWs)  
14/15 47 25 3 6 0 0  
Totals 47 25 3 6 0 0  

Anyone interested in a staying stallion, might look at this one in the up coming Inglis Spring Sale ( Sept 7)

https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2018+Spring+Thoroughbred+Sale/catalogue/30

Will be interesting to see what he goes for given it is a low level sale and very late in the year to be selling a stallion.

9 hours ago, Breeder said:

Anyone interested in a staying stallion, might look at this one in the up coming Inglis Spring Sale ( Sept 7)

https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2018+Spring+Thoroughbred+Sale/catalogue/30

Will be interesting to see what he goes for given it is a low level sale and very late in the year to be selling a stallion.

Looks good - what’s his type and racing style .

F9EEA822-CD55-4D70-946D-1B38932859D2.png