RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

A legend retiring.

I hear Richard brosnan last runners Friday.  A man of high integrity who never took a backward step.on a personal note a man who stood by me in tough times and I have never forgotten.who could forget no response and bonnies chance. I hope all in the industry recognize hs achievements.I know he don't want a fuss but I hope the atc  has plans to recognize his career.

Would like to see a program on him like they did for Williamson’s. Plenty to talk about with No Response ,BC and I am sure there were many others.  I hope he stays involved with harness racing at some level.  Hard to believe he wouldn’t want to potter around with a horse or two of his own. 

There will be a vacant spot on the rails in future Auckland Trots. No seriously one of my fav trainers and drivers. Always looked after his horses and they were always in a race to preform to their best without being thrashed. If not this week always the next. Hence the longevity of his horses especially his trotters. Loved backing them. 

Can vividly remember Bonnies Chance in the cup. Probably my biggest bet at the time. And was there for No Responses incredible win, Unbeleivible and untouched. still gives me goosebumps.

Hope Mr Brosnan continues to dabble in his trotters and enjoys his retirement.

Richard's last drive is in Race 9 - Bopper Jet -  how about all enthusiasts lining the bridcage rail and giving him a cheer & round of applause as he parades Bopper Jet prior to taking to the track for his last appearance at the park.      Ric hard - thanks for all you have done to Harness Racing and especially to your long tenure as leader of the Owners Association.       Happy retirement, mate!

I always had a lot of time for Richard:  No Response, Bonnie's Chance, Double Cove etc. Never really had the same success in the North for some reason. Others may know why. Contributed to some of the great moments in NZ harness racing during a golden era; although we probably never realised it was the golden era at the time.