Sign in to follow this  
poundforpound

Lest We Forget

12 posts in this topic

Great to see plenty show up this morning to pay their respects at Auckland Museum,and it was especially pleasing to see a younger turnout as well ,and I saw numerous cars full of teenagers arriving on their own accord.:)

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Good day to reflect on what’s actually important in life, and bow our heads to those who offered their lives so we can enjoy this right to freedom of mind and body.

Im curious poundforpound, can you explain the underlying lessons(plural) of what we should not forget, and why.

I recognise that its a day worth recognising but wish to see if people can see the lessons in it..

afterall what point is a lesson if nothing is learnt from it... and a mistake repeated

1 hour ago, 6xes said:

Im curious poundforpound, can you explain the underlying lessons(plural) of what we should not forget, and why.

I recognise that its a day worth recognising but wish to see if people can see the lessons in it..

afterall what point is a lesson if nothing is learnt from it... and a mistake repeated

isn't there always one......

Lets just thank those who did make a sacrifice or served, and of course we all realise we are lucky they did and hope not to repeat the need..

1 hour ago, 6xes said:

The only negative I can see resulting is that our soldier’s sacrifices allowed your parents to breed 

7 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

isn't there always one......

Lets just thank those who did make a sacrifice or served, and of course we all realise we are lucky they did and hope not to repeat the need..

I think the lesson is man's inhumanity to man - though there's still plenty of that going on today. Spare a thought too for the huge amount of innocent horseflesh that was sacrificed in the selfish interests of man but yet what a noble part they played in the whole sordid mess. At 70 I still have trouble working out who- really- were the winners.  Probably not a lot of the younger generation realise the vast changes between WW1 and 2 yet the sacrifice remained the same.

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think the lesson is man's inhumanity to man - though there's still plenty of that going on today. Spare a thought too for the huge amount of innocent horseflesh that was sacrificed in the selfish interests of man but yet what a noble part they played in the whole sordid mess. At 70 I still have trouble working out who- really- were the winners.  Probably not a lot of the younger generation realise the vast changes between WW1 and 2 yet the sacrifice remained the same.

Yes Blue, the animals are often forgotten. Thousands of horses went, only a handful came back.