RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Time To Remember

Courte Zarindi vs Za Za Gabor

I'm surprised at that decision. Seems obvious that running out onto a horse in that manner is going to cost it ground even if it can still be ridden out.

Heard the comment on trackside that the 2nd horse still had length of the straight to get by  - which surely is irrelevant if an earlier bump cost ot a nose or more in distance.

I wonder if they started to get time pressure as the next race approached and bottled a decision:ph34r:

Seems just about impossible to get placings reversed nowadays. Especially Saturday meetings.Saying that you could debate it in the room for hours and as long as consistant rulings are made i have no problem with that decision

There is no consistency,  we were relegated 18 months ago (still hurting ) yes our horse moved but our rider stopped riding the other rider never stopped and never changed line, they had a small bump right on the line and Mr Otham decided it was worthy of relegation , I think it comes down to who the other connections are, at least I have the winning photo

1 hour ago, ADM said:

There is no consistency,  we were relegated 18 months ago (still hurting ) yes our horse moved but our rider stopped riding the other rider never stopped and never changed line, they had a small bump right on the line and Mr Otham decided it was worthy of relegation , I think it comes down to who the other connections are, at least I have the winning photo

What race ADM ? I can’t work out why there even needs to be people in a room debating the issue , its  black and white if you have all the relevant footage,complicates what is 9 times out of ten cut and dry decision. I would of thrown this protest out in 3 minutes

if You involve the room you need to be equipped with video of past enquiries that would be relevant with yours so you have a set precident,only way you could sway a decision in your favour.These stipes are (or were?)notoriously inconsistent

8 minutes ago, ADM said:

Race 1 Te Rapa 10/12/16,  I do need to build a bridge

You were robbed cold. No wonder you can’t build a bridge:( it’s actually laughable,wasn’t even as bad as Zsar zsar

You have obviously watched that Rort countless times ADM but the thing that stamps it most is the extreme closeup from the fifty showing both riders . Was the first race maybe they were hungover ?

I just took a peek at the replay ADM out of morbid curiosity..your horse had momentum and was (I think) in front just before and just after the post ...had the leader NOT run out and impeded your horse, KB would've won. I realsie this may not help you build any bridges...you can always say you beat Bonneval and have the video to prove it! Commiseations.

21 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

I just took a peek at the replay ADM out of morbid curiosity..your horse had momentum and was (I think) in front just before and just after the post ...had the leader NOT run out and impeded your horse, KB would've won. I realsie this may not help you build any bridges...you can always say you beat Bonneval and have the video to prove it! Commiseations.

ADM had Caligrapghy who was unfairly relegated,as per zsa zsa the movement didn’t create an issue for the rider and more importantly stop momentum,hence the original result remaining unchanged.It looks like the JCA May of just had a peek as well:ph34r:...with all due respect

15 hours ago, Gruff said:

ADM had Caligrapghy who was unfairly relegated,as per zsa zsa the movement didn’t create an issue for the rider and more importantly stop momentum,hence the original result remaining unchanged.It looks like the JCA May of just had a peek as well:ph34r:...with all due respect

woops my goof...from what I saw the 2nd horse would've won without interference...sorry ADM for the mistook ...but that's what I saw. I haven't seen the CZ and ZZG video to compare.

6 hours ago, weasel57 said:

woops my goof...from what I saw the 2nd horse would've won without interference...sorry ADM for the mistook ...but that's what I saw. I haven't seen the CZ and ZZG video to compare.

Why? I thought only the JCA could possibly get this wrong now weasel can explain the relegation, George Simon didn’t mention it in his call and 99 % of the time the commentator would make a mention. 

I’m sure the tech has been around a while regarding tracking horses which could help in cases like this where it could be proven that the interference has resulted in a reduction in speed? We have seen countless races where the horse making ground looks like it’s going to get there and the leader has fought back and only this tech can prove the increase or decrease in tempo. 

Something like that would be great as the current sys system doesn't work,  it is a Kangaroo court system that is currently operating and the JCA take a lot of direction from the stipes and I won't bring up conflicts of interest 

7 hours ago, ADM said:

Something like that would be great as the current sys system doesn't work,  it is a Kangaroo court system that is currently operating and the JCA take a lot of direction from the stipes and I won't bring up conflicts of interest 

That E trakka looks an essential tool if you have anything to do with training horses,and as far as conflicts of interest ,if you have the facts table them,if there’s an issue it’s the only way to get people thinking.Facts of course:rolleyes:

It's hard to get away from conflicts of interest when you have club officials training and at there home course, with an industry like ours there is such a small pool of volunteers and weather people want to admit it or not it will happen