RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

The Box Seat. - Congratulations Greg O’Connor!

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair Janitor, most said that they admired their results but   that they were not great for the harness racing industry as the money is not shared around enough.

This is one of the reasons that people are not breeding as much nowadays.

The interviewees are hardly going to say exactly what they thought on that topic on TV as it would not be a great look for them! Would it?

We all admire their results unauestionably  but not great for the industry financially!

The money gets shared around they employ a staff of around 20 not to many stables have that many. And if any person thought that something untoward was happing at the stables getting a 100 people to never repeat anything would be a near impossibility. Do you take much time and energy working out how to malign the All-Stars stable?

8 hours ago, MisterEd said:

Or it could be:

Have you ever heard someone talk about themselves in the third person? That’s something called illeism

But what do you make of a person who references himself in this unusual manner?  Illeism is usually a sure sign of narcissism? 

When talking about their affairs with others, narcissists will rarely acknowledge error or personal shortcomings. Somehow, they’re always right and everyone else is wrong. 

For one thing, when speaking about themselves narcissists frequently “fish” for compliments, validation, approval, etc.. If they’re of the more “vulnerable,” neurotic variety, they get anxious and feel easily hurt or slighted if you fail to heed their invitations to stroke their ego, whereas if they’re the more “grandiose” or character disturbed type, they’ll show their disdain for you if you fail to recognize what they already know to be their greatness.

Ed, yes very good quotes.

Yes I must  be  neurotic, insecure, anxious and all of the above, if you say so!

Wouldn’t change any if it though as I tell it the way it is without be false?

Very comfortable with who I am and it has always worked for me!

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair Janitor, most said that they admired their results but   that they were not great for the harness racing industry as the money is not shared around enough.

The interviewees are hardly going to say exactly what they thought on that topic on TV as it would not be a great look for them! Would it?

We all admire their results unauestionably  but not great for the industry financially!

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

As usual you put your own spin on things.

I thought most of the panel were frank and said exactly what they thought. It was a good mix of young trainer/driver Harrington and Williamson; experienced Reidman, who is well-known for his frankness, Mark Jones, another straight shooter, breeder Ken Breckon and administrator.

One of the most interesting discussions for me was on standing starts. All agreed there was a problem mainly because there is no uniformity across the country with starting methods. I liked Harrington's idea of horses that hold up starts regularly should be sent back to trials. Also Mark Jones comment about horses qualifying behind the mobile then lining up in standing starts and causing holdups. Horses that qualify in a mobile should not be lining up in stands until they have trialled successfully at standing starts.

23 hours ago, Heavyweight hero said:

As usual so many great questions, many varied answers but little action.

Nobody mentions the two elephants in the room!

What elephant or are you not going to elaborate.