RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
grandad47

Oaks Selection Policy

1 hour ago, grandad47 said:

If you look at the Oaks selection policy for our sister codes, our selection policy is a shambles and reeks of cronyism.  This nonsense has to stop. GRNZ have to take ownership of this industry.  Leaving it to vested interests  does not work.  Ray Amer.

that's a bold statement Ray, I thought the CHCH club has a fair criteria policy. So your accusation is certain kennels are getting looked after?

I must be missing something here Ray as your posts are usually of a high standard,

Are you upset about national selection criteria for age races or individual clubs applying them? With five heats and no reserves and one vacant box and class one to five selected I am unable to see who has missed out

14 hours ago, grandad47 said:

If you look at the Oaks selection policy for our sister codes, our selection policy is a shambles and reeks of cronyism.  This nonsense has to stop. GRNZ have to take ownership of this industry.  Leaving it to vested interests  does not work.  Ray Amer.

Please explain.

18 hours ago, GOM said:

I must be missing something here Ray as your posts are usually of a high standard,

Are you upset about national selection criteria for age races or individual clubs applying them? With five heats and no reserves and one vacant box and class one to five selected I am unable to see who has missed out

No disrespect but this is a group1 45k race, now we have spasticks in the race who have no chance and can crash into a top doggys who can be injured etc, c1 sprinters should not be allowed a go lets get real, they look like they have given homage to the favourite flavours to be, saying that I really don't care but see what Ray is saying all the best to all cheers

If you Google the selection policy for their  Oaks in our sister codes and compare it with ours, then maybe you will share my view that ours is indeed a shambles.    It is not about who is in the race but how they got there.  T?he Oaks should be showcasing our best performed bitches.   Ray Amer

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

No disrespect but this is a group1 45k race, now we have spasticks in the race who have no chance and can crash into a top doggys who can be injured etc, c1 sprinters should not be allowed a go lets get real, they look like they have given homage to the favourite flavours to be, saying that I really don't care but see what Ray is saying all the best to all cheers

that's a bit harsh Wazza. shouldn't every dog get a chance. If you were on the other end with a class 1 dog I bet you would have a different view

18 minutes ago, grandad47 said:

I. know.                     You obviously don’t understand what this thread is all.obout certainly not about me or my dogs,   Kind   Regards   Ray 

well Ray why don't you just stop talking in riddles and tell everyone what you are on about, saves assumptions then

45 minutes ago, grandad47 said:

I. know.                     You obviously don’t understand what this thread is all.obout certainly not about me or my dogs,   Kind   Regards   Ray 

No this is why in a earlier post Ray I asked you to please explain your original post. From what I could gather it was about lower class dogs drawn into the oaks heats , then you come back and said we should be showcasing our best preformed bitches in these r/a heats and I simply asked if your girl was or was not one of them . Maybe you should kindly explain your original post so we all know where we are at in this regard. Thanks 

40 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

well Ray why don't you just stop talking in riddles and tell everyone what you are on about, saves assumptions then

Jason ray has his opinions why should you reply are you a trainer or owner

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

have you got one in the race

5 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

that's a bit harsh Wazza. shouldn't every dog get a chance. If you were on the other end with a class 1 dog I bet you would have a different view

I wouldn’t have ago with a c1 at a group1 doesn’t deserve ago 

15 hours ago, gary1 said:

Jason ray has his opinions why should you reply are you a trainer or owner

its an open forum is it not gary didn't see the owner/trainer clause to reply? so until that clause is in place I will continue to reply. have a great day

its the vague accusation that is confusing everyone I think

12 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

I wouldn’t have ago with a c1 at a group1 doesn’t deserve ago 

I would have to disagree there. if you had a dog who run the hands of the clock you would enter!!!! so you are saying Fahey's dog who run 29.90 ish  in a maiden race and now is a C1 should not have bothered entering the oaks?

28 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

I would have to disagree there. if you had a dog who run the hands of the clock you would enter!!!! so you are saying Fahey's dog who run 29.90 ish  in a maiden race and now is a C1 should not have bothered entering the oaks?

If she makes the final. She wont have any chance 

3 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Its not the issue running low grade dogs in a group one lowers the standard of a group1, only my opinion, the said dog is the only c1 that can run that time this year true, no other year have they done this allowing so many heats to get c1s in, I don't care myself, I'm confident, saying that mine will have to come out or we are in trouble the way the dogs are drawn, just nice to have one there, cheers