RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dogrug

CD missing out

Over 60 c2 sprinters missed out this week in the CD.

There were 15 C1 sprints this week,which could bring the number of C2 sprinter to 80 for next week.

FFS put another meeting on in the CD.

100+ dogs missing out each week in the CD still.

PS. How is GAP going? Must be full.

1 hour ago, GOM said:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Not bad for one region

Yip ,out of 42 races in the CD no C2 sprint. Thats not bad for one region. AYE. Oh and that is 1 less meeting than the other region with the same amount of dogs.

And as for traveling up north for 6/7 hours,4/5 hours at the track and 6/7 hours back and only if ya dog placed in its last start,to get a start on a track you have not seen.For C2 sprint money.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

It must just be me that thinks the CD is getting a raw deal.

PS. Maybe not handed to on a plate, but can we get a servet or napkin

Read what you have just said and there lies your answer, out of 42 races no c2 sprint this is poor can the 2 clubs not work together? Poor programming if you ask me. As for travel the South Island do it week in week out same distance time and all , some get money others don’t but they keep going back . 

14 minutes ago, dogrug said:

Yip ,out of 42 races in the CD no C2 sprint. Thats not bad for one region. AYE. Oh and that is 1 less meeting than the other region with the same amount of dogs.

And as for traveling up north for 6/7 hours,4/5 hours at the track and 6/7 hours back and only if ya dog placed in its last start,to get a start on a track you have not seen.For C2 sprint money.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

It must just be me that thinks the CD is getting a raw deal.

PS. Maybe not handed to on a plate, but can we get a servet or napkin

That sort of travel is commonplace to the Canterbury trainers hoping to get a start for their dogs at either Forbury (4/5 hours) or Invercargill (6/7 hours).

To me looking at the south island and traveling seem these dogs would not miss out at CH-CH if nomed.

But to me seems like spliting teams, more than no races or can't get starts.

How many do that travel with less than 4 dogs?.

Im in the CD thats what this subject is about.

thanks

Not everyone can travel. Not everyone has an offsider/staff at home to oversee the remaining kennel dogs.
Remember your away for 12 to 18 hours.
There are going to be road closures in the coming months that will prevent travel to northern tracks.
Then there is the potential abandonment of race meetings due to rain notified after you have arrive at the track.
No compensation for traveling trainers due to abandonment.
For trainers with small teams, the risk is too high.
If you are struggling to get starts in your own area, then you are not likely to get a start in the north unless you have
a last start placing or win.
I have had last start winners sitting in the kennels for four weeks.
Realistically, how many small trainers can afford to travel when there is no guarantee of earning a stake?
And looking at past fields, how many large kennels have been traveling north on a regular basis?

19 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Sounds like there are too many low-grade dogs in the CD. The clubs shouldn't have to cater to that many. Maybe its less issues with the clubs and more issues with the people breeding all these low grade sprinters?

Jake, the issue is far more complicated than that. When you have one kennel racing over 150 dogs, with the lesser quality dogs passed on to other small trainers, noms become an issue. What we have is a major kennel (currently 151) with a satellite kennel (35), and the residue going to a number of smaller players in the CD. That's a heck of a lot of breeding from one kennel. Your right about breeding being an issue, but I don't think people fully understand the impact that this is having on noms. Also given our welfare code, what would you have trainers do with the dogs struggling to make fields? 

19 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Sounds like there are too many low-grade dogs in the CD. The clubs shouldn't have to cater to that many. Maybe its less issues with the clubs and more issues with the people breeding all these low grade sprinters?

Have you seen CH-CH ,Same amount of dogs ,Same amount of low grade dogs,but 1 xtra meeting a week and thats why they are not bitching and moaning,

And you did not know this?

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

Not everyone can travel. Not everyone has an offsider/staff at home to oversee the remaining kennel dogs.
Remember your away for 12 to 18 hours.
There are going to be road closures in the coming months that will prevent travel to northern tracks.
Then there is the potential abandonment of race meetings due to rain notified after you have arrive at the track.
No compensation for traveling trainers due to abandonment.
For trainers with small teams, the risk is too high.
If you are struggling to get starts in your own area, then you are not likely to get a start in the north unless you have
a last start placing or win.
I have had last start winners sitting in the kennels for four weeks.
Realistically, how many small trainers can afford to travel when there is no guarantee of earning a stake?
And looking at past fields, how many large kennels have been traveling north on a regular basis?

Emotive, I was just wondering yesterday where you had got to. Welcome back

Securing another license is a complicated business that requires will from all parties including the co-minglers. One CD cub has been actively pushing all the options, to their credit. Hopefully they may have a temporary solution up and running in the near future. 

51 minutes ago, dogrug said:

Have you seen CH-CH ,Same amount of dogs ,Same amount of low grade dogs,but 1 xtra meeting a week and thats why they are not bitching and moaning,

Dogrug, Are you certain about same amount of dogs and same amount of low grade dogs? Where do you get that information from.

Comparing your situation to Sth is not valid. If you take the miles covered to access their tracks it would equate to all the tracks in the North Island which you have already said is too big a burden for you. For this argument the regions would fairly be split into four. Far South, South, Central and North and as I said then your three would be fair.

1 hour ago, dogrug said:

Where are you getting your stats from would highly doubt CD has same number of dogs as in the south:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, dogrug said:

They have 3 race meeting so do the CD , you say the same amount of dogs , so ask yourself why the CD is still moaning ? And chch is not . Better management? 

4 hours ago, mmmyb said:

3 x C2 sprints and a c2 457 Monday 

Your prayers have been answered

Sarcasm isn't helpful. Yes, there are 3 x C2 sprints on Monday but the previous Monday there were none. And on Friday of that same week, there were 2 x C2 sprints, one being a final. Now given that not all C2 sprinters can run both tracks, there would appear to be many missing out. Very hard to get form and points if there is limited C2 racing with dogs downgrading from C3 every week. You also have the C1 winners going up. The best these do dogs can do is to wait three weeks to get a 3 misses start. Now the situation may seem simple from where you sit, not affecting you at all, but it is of concern to those racing in the CD.

On 4/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jape said:

That sort of travel is commonplace to the Canterbury trainers hoping to get a start for their dogs at either Forbury (4/5 hours) or Invercargill (6/7 hours).

Can I ask, what percentage of Chch trainers travel to Invercargill? And can you tell me what the mix is, are there many small trainers? And of the small trainers, do they send their dogs down with others traveling?

Tell me what that has to do with the price of fish ? You people have 3 races meeting every week yes ? Ok two different tracks, Monday mixed grade everyone has a chance 15 races give 3 extra c1 races . Wednesday co c1 but why not c2 as well ? 15 races provides 3 extra c1 races , Friday mixed . Have the best dogs racing problem solved. 

19 minutes ago, I know said:

Tell me what that has to do with the price of fish ? You people have 3 races meeting every week yes ? Ok two different tracks, Monday mixed grade everyone has a chance 15 races give 3 extra c1 races . Wednesday co c1 but why not c2 as well ? 15 races provides 3 extra c1 races , Friday mixed . Have the best dogs racing problem solved. 

Can I ask what fish you are referring to?

22 hours ago, GOM said:

Dogrug, Are you certain about same amount of dogs and same amount of low grade dogs? Where do you get that information from.

Comparing your situation to Sth is not valid. If you take the miles covered to access their tracks it would equate to all the tracks in the North Island which you have already said is too big a burden for you. For this argument the regions would fairly be split into four. Far South, South, Central and North and as I said then your three would be fair.

GOM, I don't actually know what the comparative numbers are, and I don't know what percentage of trainers travel in the south. The reason I asked Jape. What I do know is that each region has their own issues. The north has had some difficulty filling fields, example Waikato carding less than 12 races, and not enough C5's to card a race. We have difficulty getting starts in several grades. This isn't about getting more than another region for me, it's about looking after the people who supply the product in those regions.  All the people, including you guys in the north. I would support any initiatives that do just that. It is due to everyone's efforts that the NZRB make a profit. Successful business models look after their employees.