RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
enteebee

Stop the Jewels moving

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Menangle Mile Racing is shockingly boring even though it is on a big track.

2600metre  races at Addington are probably no more of a gut buster than a mile!

Punters will desert investing at Addington if they had mile racing!

They wont have to as it wont happen.

And saying Menangle is shockingly boring is another sweeping unsubstantiated statement. If you ,and I am refferring to you only, find it boring then dont watch it ,as you must have to have such an opinion.

Or give us the personal opinions of all the regulars at Menangle meetings so we can see first hand. 

Stick to your punting Brods.

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

And saying Menangle is shockingly boring is another sweeping unsubstantiated statement. If you ,and I am refferring to you only, find it boring then dont watch it ,as you must have to have such an opinion.

Or give us the personal opinions of all the regulars at Menangle meetings so we can see first hand. 

I have given up investing on all Oz trots.

Betting agencies over there also have no appetite for punters that want to win!

It is totally substantiated, it is horrible boring racing and  can’t be bothered watching it anymore!

How many people go to  Menangle nowadays, I don’t know.

Harold Park Racing was a helluva lot more exciting!

As to sticking to Punting Globe, I am losing interest in it!

The TAB restricts investing of fixed odds, at agencies, oncourse, self-service and accounts.

it is as if you are a criminal and doing something wrong just by trying to get a bet on.

The opening odds are pathetically low as well so I am slowly giving it away as not worth my while, and didn’t do it for the money but for the challenge!

The TAB dont care about racing in NZ they are more focussed on Sports betting etc. and that is why they have bought into this Betfair/ Paddy Power Thing As that is where they see they can make the most money!

58 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The opening odds are pathetically low as well so I am slowly giving it away as not worth my while, and didn’t do it for the money but for the challenge!

Another "make it up as you go along" you do it for the money, and you are telling porkies again by denying that . If it was for the challenge I am sure the TAB wouldn't deny you a dollar e/w on your selection. If half what you claim is true why are you so childish about being restricted - being restricted would only apply to big bets - but then you only want the challenge. Very difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff with you. Contradictions, porkies, repetitive subjects (poor me) and negativity.

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Another "make it up as you go along" you do it for the money, and you are telling porkies again by denying that . If it was for the challenge I am sure the TAB wouldn't deny you a dollar e/w on your selection. If half what you claim is true why are you so childish about being restricted - being restricted would only apply to big bets - but then you only want the challenge. Very difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff with you. Contradictions, porkies, repetitive subjects (poor me) and negativity.

Spike,  if I say  I do it for the challenge, I do it for the challenge!!!

leave the 2 smaller tracks alone . At least allow them 1 day in 2 years to be the centre of attention.I realise economically Auck and Add. are sensible but we in harness racing need to avoid a 2 track regime in NZ. PS. I signed the original petition now I am bombarded with petitions to save whales/dolphins/girl guides /opposums/stipendary stewards/ what the ??

4 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Last warning for the both of grow up or go...cheers you are like two school kids FFS. Just ignore each other.

6 hours ago, john legend said:

leave the 2 smaller tracks alone . At least allow them 1 day in 2 years to be the centre of attention.I realise economically Auck and Add. are sensible but we in harness racing need to avoid a 2 track regime in NZ. PS. I signed the original petition now I am bombarded with petitions to save whales/dolphins/girl guides /opposums/stipendary stewards/ what the ??

Exactly why I won't sign the petition - sick of spam from things like that!

6 hours ago, john legend said:

John, I think there is an option on the website to opt out of emails etc. If you do not click that you will be bombarded. You should be able to go to the website and update your options and opt out of future contact.

On 15/04/2018 at 4:28 PM, globederby12 said:

Look at the USA, horses like Bit Of A legend race weekly and get a return for the owner, the owner is the backbone of this sport, no owners, no punters, no racing, do your sums, it costs nearly $ 2000 a month to race a horse and the owner is not a charity, they need and want a return, or do we just do it for love, I think not. Not this one anyway.  Look at the big picture people, this sport is only putting food on the plates of the flash people and most do not give a damm.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, Brodie said:

Menangle Mile Racing is shockingly boring even though it is on a big track.

2600metre  races at Addington are probably no more of a gut buster than a mile!

Punters will desert investing at Addington if they had mile racing!

Agree, mile racing at Addington is a no go. Also not worth spending large amounts of money to alter the track.  Simply put, the Jewels should never be held at Addington or Alex Park. It will dumb down the whole series , remove the carnival atmosphere and make a great concept ordinary. 

1 hour ago, One more lap said:

Look at the USA, horses like Bit Of A legend race weekly and get a return for the owner, the owner is the backbone of this sport, no owners, no punters, no racing, do your sums, it costs nearly $ 2000 a month to race a horse and the owner is not a charity, they need and want a return, or do we just do it for love, I think not. Not this one anyway.  Look at the big picture people, this sport is only putting food on the plates of the flash people and most do not give a damm.

It's funny how most owners will say they're the backbone of the sport. Without them, no punters, no racing, no this, no that, none of the other. 

Punters will say they're the backbone of the sport. Without them, no money, no horses, no racing etc etc etc. 

The clubs probably think they're the backbone, as would many corporates and sponsors. 

At the end of the day, that's all bullshit. Every group needs every other group, none can survive without the others, as with any one cog missing the whole wheel grinds to a halt. If there's no owners and/or horses they'll be no sponsors either, as they're looking for a return too, just like every cog in the wheel. 

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

It's funny how most owners will say they're the backbone of the sport. Without them, no punters, no racing, no this, no that, none of the other. 

Punters will say they're the backbone of the sport. Without them, no money, no horses, no racing etc etc etc. 

The clubs probably think they're the backbone, as would many corporates and sponsors. 

At the end of the day, that's all bullshit. Every group needs every other group, none can survive without the others, as with any one cog missing the whole wheel grinds to a halt. If there's no owners and/or horses they'll be no sponsors either, as they're looking for a return too, just like every cog in the wheel. 

Well said Idolmite.  Quite correct.

21 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Very well stated and I agree.

After hearing Cambridge was redoing the top on their track a few weeks ago was disappointing to see that they went with the same sort of product as they had before, I would've thought with them taking the old stuff off they were in a great postion to have looked to go towards a type of top that addington use ( which I feel is the best racing surface for the horses )or even a type of shell Auckland use. Metal  base tracks are a thing of the past in my opinion but each to their own I guess .