RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ngatimaru

Any Thoughts On Super easy

It's great to see he's getting good 3yo's, and against good company over here, on good tracks. The Oz trainers are waking up, the next sales might tell a different story, he get's different types too, small, neat and large long reigned, nice temperaments most and that helps.....if he got some really good mares with track records he'd kick goals from beyond halfway.

Had a very interesting conversation at this week’s MM sales with a leading vendor on the subject of Super Easy. His question was why did this horse have a relatively good produce record in Oz and such a poor one in NZ?   Perhaps it’s the better tracks? Perhaps it’s the Aussie’s ability to recognise these horses are 3yos? Perhaps it’s because Kenny Rae had good luck with Prom Queen as a 2yo so every one in NZ  pushed them too early.... but the difference between the 2 countries with this stallion is quite stark...

13 hours ago, La Zip said:

Had a very interesting conversation at this week’s MM sales with a leading vendor on the subject of Super Easy. His question was why did this horse have a relatively good produce record in Oz and such a poor one in NZ?   Perhaps it’s the better tracks? Perhaps it’s the Aussie’s ability to recognise these horses are 3yos? Perhaps it’s because Kenny Rae had good luck with Prom Queen as a 2yo so every one in NZ  pushed them too early.... but the difference between the 2 countries with this stallion is quite stark...

you look through his  family  most   of it went well in aus  

NZ Record is horrendous especially when taking out Prom Queen.

Prom Queen did a super job as a 2yo and 3yo but without her:

21 runners (that have had a total of 98 starts) for 2 winners and a total of $53,530 (from 98 starts), 9.5% winners to runners in NZ without Prom Queen in the mix

In Australia has had the 6 runners for 5 winners, none yet at black type level but 4 of the 5 have been city performers.

So obviously can leave a handy'ish' horse but a whole lot of rubbish!, the majority of the handy ones are for whatever reason are in Australia

Overall stats are only very ordinary 32 runners to race for 28% winners to runners, 3% Stakes winners to runners. he has been well supported and got good numbers so no excuses for a stallion at his level, some work to do and likely that his numbers served will continue to decrease as they have tended to over the years

I've got two Bruce, both with Kiwi trainers, they can both run, trialled up well, one raced fair but need time, shown enough to go again....the other trialled very well, form around him is turning into strong black type.....but their Kiwi trainers have more than two clues you see.......many have no idea, subsequently the sires stock suffer greatly......but that's life unfortunately in a 3rd world jurisdiction.

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

I've got two Bruce, both with Kiwi trainers, they can both run, trialled up well, one raced fair but need time, shown enough to go again....the other trialled very well, form around him is turning into strong black type.....but their Kiwi trainers have more than two clues you see.......many have no idea, subsequently the sires stock suffer greatly......but that's life unfortunately in a 3rd world jurisdiction.

I do agree with your comments for sure , but then again the stock have to do he job, no room for excuses in this game.

Are you affiliated with Super Easy? Or just a believer?

22 hours ago, La Zip said:

This may be the first and only time I have ever seen anyone suggest that Aus trainers are more patient than their Kiwi peers. History would clearly indicate the opposite.

Could the real reason be that the better bred progeny have gone to Aus as a result of being offered at Karaka? Better pedigrees & better types = better results.

Oh Fitzy, we are talking about 2yo's, and why Super Easy struggles in NZ......entirely different, the ability to identify what can and will run early, without the need to trial and ready to run.....although having said that if you take Baker out of the equation, the old Kiwi horseman is almost dead, the ability to cuddle a horse, to play ducks and drakes, to slay the bookmakers when they struck, all that, the Kiwi was once an icon at doing that, Verner, Jillings, Didham, Brown, Deacon, and so many more......now, so many have to trial just to see what they have, and as for putting away in the back paddock to grow them out and to flourish the abilities, you are correct Fitzy, they have all been flogged you see, not so much to AUS, but to HK and SING...or God forbid, China, mainland......of course these are my opinions, and you no doubt have yours.

Easy Eddie just streeted them at Randwick, his stats in Oz are magic, why on earth would the AUS trainers not be eying off the Karaka sales now for the Super Easy's.......proof is in the eating, and his strike rate is off the radar......better still, get over to NZ and make an offer for the SE 2yo's.....mine's not for sale though!!! steer clear. 

On 6/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, La Zip said:

Easy Eddie just streeted them at Randwick, his stats in Oz are magic, why on earth would the AUS trainers not be eying off the Karaka sales now for the Super Easy's.......proof is in the eating, and his strike rate is off the radar......better still, get over to NZ and make an offer for the SE 2yo's.....mine's not for sale though!!! steer clear. 

The margins were a neck, half a length, and a neck. 

Was a nice win after getting the perfect run but my racing definition of 'streeted them' is not a neck.

8 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

The margins were a neck, half a length, and a neck. 

Was a nice win after getting the perfect run but my racing definition of 'streeted them' is not a neck.

Check your facts, I posted on 11th June, the horse had won at Randwick [inner track called Kensington] by nearly 4 lengths......that's stressing them, on that track....he wins again today at Rosehill, up in company and on a track that still did not favour him, he is a very smart horse, so that's why I'm praising the stallion that is very very underrated. They go super over here in Oz, I wonder why?

And another one this afternoon at Randwick, Kensington inner track......He's Super Lucky sits 3 and 4 wide and powers away, good stable that travels to NZ looking for the Super Easy's......they have two top class horses, good luck to them......what an underrated sire SE is, outstanding.

Quite a good start to the New Year with Super Gee winning impressively at Ellerslie and The Big Easy winning a $70,000 race in Singapore on New Year's Day. Two 2nds at Wairarapa on the 2nd with Somewhere Man and Bella and then a double again today with Boogie Easy winning at Ruakaka and Easy Eddie winning as odds on favourite at Randwick again. Onwards and upwards!! :)