RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ngatimaru

Any Thoughts On Super easy

Moderate start, has only had 30 runners and only 9 winners have come from that (1 stakes horse in Prom Queen)

His australian winners have won several races which is promising,

He was always going to do it tough with his profile.

I think it’s a case that some stallions’ progeny are not suited to the NZ way of training young horses, bad/unsuitable training tracks, track riders of less experience, or trainers who push them  as 2yos....they have no trouble winning in Oz...and seems as though when Prom Queen came along, trainers thought they were speed machines.....questionable? 

28 minutes ago, La Zip said:

I think it’s a case that some stallions’ progeny are not suited to the NZ way of training young horses, bad/unsuitable training tracks, track riders of less experience, or trainers who push them  as 2yos....they have no trouble winning in Oz...and seems as though when Prom Queen came along, trainers thought they were speed machines.....questionable? 

Interesting comments....just wondering about your thoughts re. the 'NZ way of training young horses'  .?

I'm not being clever or condemnatory,  just wish you would expand on that opinion.

Just talking from experience Pam, and maybe a bad one.....saw too many young ones come off the track dragging their heads, 2 laps, mile and a half round, heavy sand, and stand in the wash like steeplechasers..or just plain leg weary, as one track manger opined to me......so I'm not Robinson Crusoe........in Oz the babies tend to bounce around, I bet somehow yours do too!

Couldn't believe what I witnessed, my husband agreed with me, and he worked with one of the greatest 2yo trainers of all time....he would turn in his grave.....the trainer I mean, poor husband is still kicking!

There you go, 2 winners for SE yesterday in AUS, metropolitan meetings, not bush. Hard to win anywhere, but to win metro Oz is hard, damn hard, so plaudits to Hallmark and look forward to Lisdoonvarna running next over here as her record is outstanding. If they'e not pushed as 2yo's it shows what can transpire. 

45 minutes ago, Gruff said:

May I ask which mare Army? 

You can but the one thing I cant remember is the mares name (bit sad really)  but they will know when she hits the race track.

12 hours ago, ngatimaru said:

Mark Baker from Hallmark stands by him as I do.

The potential is there. .Don't push it.

On reflection. How many 2yold winners by Tavistock are about?

I am not sure but would be interested in the stats.

Surely you wouldn't be expecting any by Tavistock

I have a young Iffraaj mare who physically will work well with him and considering the success with the  Danehill line I think we might go this way for the upcoming season....unless of course they decide to join the suicide queue and put his fee up...

10 hours ago, army said:

You can but the one thing I cant remember is the mares name (bit sad really)  but they will know when she hits the race track.

Come on, army, you can do better than that! As tavistock's number one fan, I'd love to follow your horse's progress!!

8 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Come on, army, you can do better than that! As tavistock's number one fan, I'd love to follow your horse's progress!!

I honestly telling you the truth I am not sure of her Dame. I bred my own but this one I was given half shares. Once I do find out  I will let you know 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, Pam Robson said:

Interesting comments....just wondering about your thoughts re. the 'NZ way of training young horses'  .?

I'm not being clever or condemnatory,  just wish you would expand on that opinion.

I think NZ trainers are not up to it and/or they succum to the pressure of owners. Why does Waller not believe in pushing 2 year olds. Maybe because he knows they are not up to it. And if you do the homework you will find out the 2 yr olds should not be jogged for more than 2ks. This distance should be shortened as the speed work increases. Please correct me if I am wrong but how many trainers make sure that the animals heart rate goes over 200 to ensure they are achieving max oxygen intake? How many trainers know what fast twitch muscle fibre is and what it is useful for, and how to train for it? NZ is so far behind the science of what they do. That is why training is such a big secret. I think many of them would be embarrassed by their own ignorance. That is not to say they don't have success. If you give any one 100 horses to train you will always have winners.

On 5/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, La Zip said:

I have a young Iffraaj mare who physically will work well with him and considering the success with the  Danehill line I think we might go this way for the upcoming season....unless of course they decide to join the suicide queue and put his fee up...

The fee going up does not matter to the studs that all have shares. It only kills the small breeder, which they do not care about either. More for them?

Another beaut day for him over here in OZ, Prom Queen a great 2nd up here at Doomben, Easy Eddie a brave 2nd at Rosehill and of course Lisdoonvarna wins again in the city, at Rosehill to compliment her W Farm victory. 

Lisdoonvarna is all quality and should gain black type over here, congrats to all and of course Hallmark, Super Easy if relocated to Oz could easily command double the fee.